“Excellent”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed January 18, 2012

You just don't find places like this anymore. Owners live on premises and are extremely nice. It is truly like a hone away from home. I only complaint is that I'm only passing through and can't stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My sister and I will return to Ebb Tide Resort on Briny Avenue in Pompano Beach, FL next year because it is beautiful, clean and safe. It's on the beach with a pool, volleyball and shuffleboard courts, and plenty of lounge chairs on the property. Our room had a kitchen and a porch/patio, but there are also grills and tiki-covered tables so guests can cook and eat outdoors. Briny Avenue is a quiet street behind A1A, and the Ebb Tide has gate codes for security, a parking pass for your dashboard, and an internet passcode. We just asked the owner and manager for/about things and they were very friendly and helpful. We've already made our reservation for next year.
Arlene from Omaha and Barbara from NYC

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Had some friends and family celebrating the Holidays at the Resort. Once again the staff was great and the surroundings as well. It was a bit cold and they supplied space heaters and extra blankets without asking for them. Can't say enough about this hotel. Just can't beat it for the price, location, and service provided. Be back again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The beach was clean quiet not over populated The Karen and Susan were very helpful and reasonable and informative, susan was the sweetest cutest thing around!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Hi Karen & Susan,

I wanted to share my sentiments I stayed with You in October (the one who thought you knew my aunt) haha

I just wanted to tell you how wonderful my stay was. I truly enjoyed everything about my stay and the two of you, and your son included, are just so wonderful and friendly. I really did feel like I was staying with friends. My unite 31 (and I say mine, because I am claiming it for all future trips) hahah was just adorable & cozy.

I especially send you kudos for loving the pets! My dog has medical issues and it truly was a relief to be able to bring him with me. They loved your sons doggies and gizmo too.

I especially want to make note about you Karen walking the grounds and talking to the visitors. This gives your inn such a personal touch and I watched as everyone you spoke to truly enjoyed your presence, including myself. You have something very special about your energy and I enjoyed seeing you share that so freely.

We had a wonderful family reunion, everyone loved your inn and the decor and I just don't see how it could have been any more comfortable.

I thank you sincerely and as I mentioned to you when I was there, Come on up to the Mountains, it is an amazing place here and I would love to extend the hospitality to you.

I hope you enjoyed the jam and look forward to my next visit with you!

Have a wonderful new year with much love.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect as this property is right on the beach
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Since when did they start calling half rate Motels a "boutique" resort? A pool on the ocean front does not make a resort. Don't be fooled, this place is no resort, it's more like a glorified dorm room. The beds felt like they were brought in from some prison and the sheets felt like sand paper (I think I lost a layer of skin in one night). All the furniture was a mismatch of what looked liked they had found on the side of a street. The bathroom shower was growing some sort of science project and the room reeked of mold. The motel staff washes all the towels and sheets in the same washers the customers do. One morning the maid took our clean clothes out of the dryer and threw them in the hamper that she carried the dirty sheets over in! GROSS. The only good thing about this place is the location, but there are about 400 other ocean front properties to choose from in a 10 mile radius.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank alainacarter
kkaram, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

We are so sorry you did not find value or comfort with our hotel. A resort is a place for comfort and relaxation and that is truly what we are. We are glad that you did rate us better than your other reviews which shows us that you need to choose a more pricey resort with finer amenities. Of course, this option will definitely be more costly than what you paid at the Ebb Tide. As far as a science project in the bathroom, we inspected every inch of your room Ocean 30 and found not a single hair nor mold anywhere. The sheets are laundered in Gain Detergent, not some cheap option, so you should have complained to us and I would have given you sheets from my personal home. We always want to please each and every guest, but you did not make us aware of these issues. As a final comment, your review was grossly unfair. Hope you have a great New Year! Karen Karam

Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is a wonderful place for direct beach access and views...very comfortable and nice. Clean with a great pool. Feel like we found the best place on the beach. Having a washer/dryer made it great too-not to have to fly home with dirty clothes! Full kitchen a real help also!

Room Tip: Floors on upstairs balcony have great view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Coral Tides Resort and Beach Club
Coral Tides Resort and Beach Clu...
#22 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Sea Steps Suites
Sea Steps Suites
#7 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!