“a little slice of heaven~~”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“a little slice of heaven~~”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

quaint and comfortable motel, right on the ocean. we visited with friends and had a great time, fireworks and a bonfire right on the beach, great way to spend a holiday weekend and it's Pet Friendly to boot.... we'll be looking foreward to our next stay. thanks karen and susie, you're the best~~~~

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel is adorable. The grounds are really cute, the pool is large and rooms are very clean. The owner of the hotel had a bonfire on the beach which attracted a lot of attention. We had a really nice time ... can't wait to go back again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Clean and very accommodating.. Can't beat the location (right on the beach) with a great pool area.

The management was great! Made us feel like long lost friends!
Will be staying there everytime we hit the Fort Lauderdale area!

Room Tip: Call Susan (manager) and tell her what you want
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was looking for a nice place to stay on the beach. I actually live in Florida so we could have stayed anywhere. I am so glad we decided to stay at EBB TIDE. We had an awesome view of the ocean and a full kitchen. We also we able to bring our little doggies. I can't say enough about this place. The owners and staff were wonderful to us. Karen and Susan are awesome. My room(ocean 30) was nice and clean. I have already made reservations for a future visit soon. Thanks to all at Ebb Tibe for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: we loved ocean 30.
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This little place is Pompano Beach's best kept secret. The beach, pool, rooms were perfect for our stay. The management was very helpful with our needs. And... we were able to bring our little dog.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 23, 2011

It's clean. It's on a nice stretch of beach. The pool is wonderful at night when there's not one around. That's it for the pros. A few highlights of the cons:The furniture in our room seemed to be an array of hand me downs. Nothing matched. The bathroom was miniscule. The foam cover for the mattress and the foam pillows were beyond the pale uncomfortable-- not to mention hot!! My husband and I were literally stiff the entire time we were there.The fridge had two trays for ice-- no ice machine anywhere in the property. We had to go buy ice. It's the tropics, for heaven's sake. The A/C was an old through the wall unit that made enough noise to cancel my husband's snoring-- (ok, maybe that's a plus... ) The TV's were ancient. Our unit had a "living room/kitchen" but you entered through the bedroom which was next to the pool-- making it the sunny and less quiet of the two rooms. It's really too bad that more thought has not been given to the property. It could be a little gem if only an architect/professional designer could make some serious indoor changes. As it is, I would not return. I had actually wanted to leave, but we had to pay upfront... We paid @ $120 per night-- hardly a deal.

2 Thank mambisa72
kkaram, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you for your candid review of our resort. The hotel is only 24 rooms, so I know the couple who posted this review as some of the statements are familiar. In respectful answer, I offer the following: The hotel was built in the 1950's as a mom and pop beachfront hotel and has never changed, but is constantly maintained. Trip Advisor is such a great way of finding out about what others think of the hotel and therefore, had you read them, you would have seen what exists today. I would never want to change the type of ambiance that exists today but only maintain it. I enjoy the castaway feeling of the place and hope it continues this way even when one of my grandsons take over. In Fact, we have just this month been awarded the "White Glove Award" through Superior Small Lodging, which we have been a member since 2010. This is a huge goal for us and finally, we have achieved it. Please understand that the office is available 24/7 and anything you need can most always be afforded within minutes. All you had to do is ask and we would have been happy to accommodate, if possible. Had you told us you wanted to leave, we would have refunded your money gladly, as we understand that this ambiance is not for everyone. With Kind Regard......Karen Karam
Hialeah, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I asked my friend if she knew of a nice place at the beach that was nice and quiet and see told me that I needed to go with my husband to Ebb Tide in Pompano Beach. I told her that I had never heard of it but I would give it a one night try and see. Well, it was awesome!We had the best room in the house room #24 with the beautiful view of the beach. Not only was the view beautiful the staff was very nice and friendly. It is a quiet family oriented place. Its a place that you can just forget about the world and just relax. I will come back for sure!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple