“Fun for all ages”

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My family and I visited this location for a BIG family outing. My in-laws as well as our family traveled. We had a 1BD and a 2BD in the Royal Palms building. It only had two stories and not very many units in the building so this location was much quieter than by the lobby. We enjoyed that they had many things to do for the children since we had 5 children that traveled with us.

The only thing that bummed the children out is that the slide closed at 630p every night at the main pool so if we went out to Fort Lauderdale for the day, by the time we got back it was too late for the kids to enjoy the water slide. The resort units were beautiful. The kitchens had everything we needed in them as well as a large dining room table so a few of the nights we just stayed in and cooked dinner.

This specific location isn't too far from the beach. They do allow you to use your parking pass and travel to it's sister location (Royal Vista) and park in their parking lot so you won't have to worry about a parking spot at the beach. Can't wait to go back in July this year for another family trip!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be in all the noise of the resort, ask to be placed in the back buildings o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thunter1282010
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2014

Wow, what a nice title to your review, thank you so much! While we love hearing that our guests enjoy the rooms and hotel amenities. It truly means a lot. We really do love our guests, and we're so happy that you enjoyed Wyndham Palm-Aire. Please come back and visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Palm-Aire

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked 2 nights from the web -site ,through groupon.

It shows the front of the resort and all of the wonderful amenities so I was not at all concerned ...full disclosure !

Even after we checked in ,I was not concerned until I got to the one bed condo suite ..it was off the main property adjacent to a a golf club and appeared to be a 2 storey older condo building which was converted to one bed suites .

My wife was already late for a specialist appointment in sth Miami ,so there was no time to call and complain .I left my 22 yr old daughter and my 4 yr old grand daughter in the complex until we returned . Without transport they had to walk nearly half a mile to the complex and traverse a very dangerous access road outside the front door of these condos with cars going at over 40mph .. .They had to repeat this journey after their swim in the main pool ..The next day I went to the front desk to ask why we were put there and why there was no wifi ...no answers ..I was referred to the front desk manager who referred me to another manager .This higher administrator did offer to move us to the main complex ,but by now it was 2pm ...we were leaving in the morning and I did not have the stomach to move 3 adults and a 4 yr old and then re-pack again the following morning .

They would not offer me any financial incentive or discount for a future booking ..

I can only assume we were ushered to the " outhouses" because it was a groupon booking ..

I try to see the best in all things and must compliment the Resort as a whole for its cleanliness ,staff friendliness and general overall appeal to families .

Transparency needs to be greatly improved !!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DublinD_11

I sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so. Please come back again and let us make it up to you.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Royal Palms rooms are older and not as well kept as the other buildings. The kitchen had ants crawling out of the coffee maker. Housekeeping did come to spray. However, this caused more ants to come out around the stove and counter top. There were crumbs around the oven and floor. We were moved to another room fairly quickly though. You can also tell this is an older building because of the air conditioning units in the walls which are very loud. I should have requested where I stayed before. I had a view of the pool before and my unit was nicer and cleaner. There are also dead flowers in the lobby. The elevator is always out of order too. I also do not like the hard sales pitch to buy another condo. I am happy with what I already own and the convenience to stay wherever I want with RCI. I don't know if I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Royal Palms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank spicky

We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. We will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We chose this resort over an "on the beach" resort to save money. It was a great decision. Our 2 bd 2 bath unit was completely updated with granite, flat screen tvs, very clean bathrooms, and a balcony. Weather was perfect. There were several pools on site. Plenty of activities, although it was our anniversary so we didn't do much. Hot tub was relaxing and just steps from the bar. Although not located on the beach it was about 5 miles away. And with the stay at Palm Aire you had free access to the Royal Vista resort that was on the beach. Staff was the friendliest we have ever had. Hands down. Very accommodating. The area surrounding the resort was not the greatest but we never felt threatened. Casino across the street, but we don't gamble. The buffet there we heard was amazing. We loved this resort so much we re booked and are taking the kids this summer.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

James and Jessi, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your anniversary. We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful time and the accommodations meet your expectations. We will certainly pass on to our staff your wonderful and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the summer when you bring the whole family.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Clean rooms, we rented the 4 bedroom Presidential & 2-2 bedroom Presidential for my son wedding! Everyone loved the accommodations! Good location with plenty of eating places around the resort! Safe & clean property! Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Deborah S
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you, Deborah for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. A Wedding is an exciting and wonderful event, but can be stressful as well for the family. We are happy to know that your accommodations with us was comfortable and we wish your Son and his new bride the best. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fantastic Wyndham hotel right on Pompano Beach( not even 100 feet).
Heart of Pompano, A 1A easiest route to drive, cabanas, umbrellas, 2 beachside pools, great food options delivered to your chairs and the usual Wyndham excellence.

Room Tip: Call two weeks before trip start and make a request. Plenty of ocean, pools etc.Wyndham green progr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Doc8484
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Good morning Doc8484,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to our Sister Properties on Pompano Beach. We hope that you will return to the Pompano Beach area for your next vacation and once again be a guest with us here at Palm Aire.

Have a wonderful day, we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let me first start off by saying I just VERY recently had surgery (yesterday, May 27th) We checked in on the 25th. So obviously I am in need of a STERILE enviroment.
When we first arrived, of course we checked everything out.
I went into the bathroom and found a pubic hair in the jaccuzi tub. Disgusting but I decided to give this place the benefit of the doubt and shrug it off. Later that night, my mother came into my room with a pillow and told me to smell it. It smelled HEAVILY of cologne. HEAVILY, as if someone had just bathed in perfume and rubbed themselves all over the pillow. Again, I decided to give the benefit of the doubt figuring maybe the person who cleaned out the room had heavy cologne on. (although it was only one pillow that smelled).
The next day I decided to shower and when I entered the shower and looked down, the flooring was pretty dirty. Blackened and not the cleanest. Again, giving them the benifit of the doubt which I really should have stopped doing by then.
The night before my pre op doctors appointment I pulled out my laptop to map out my route since I'm not from here. The wifi comes and goes. It was terrible to the point where I couldn't figure any information out that I needed. The wifi was useless. The day of surgery, I was to leave very early morning. I went down to the front desk to use their computer to print out directions. And it became FAR more complicated than needed. You have to continuously switch through two different wifi networks to print anything out. I tried for about 13 minutes before giving up. I figure that this place wants to feel high and mighty and updated on technology which is why they set up the printer wirelessly. But really that is so pointless if its going to be so complicated to print a single thing out. It isn't hard to find someone to set this up properly, or to just set it up through wires. That was a joke. I am a tech savvy person, so I know I wasn't doing anything wrong. They even had instructions on the desk on how to switch through all the wifi networks to print. Ridiculous. I was 45 minutes late arriving for my surgery since I was directionless. I didn't expect for something so simple as printing directions out to be a huge issue.
Coming back from surgery, I needed to urinate badly. I was staying on one of the top floors. We got to our door and our card key didn't work. We had to go back and work it out with the desk. Somehow our card key turned into somebody elses which could not have been our fault because the card key never left our bags. We never put it down anywhere or used it for anything besides our room. No pool visits, no restaurant visits, no instance where our key could have been swapped. They fixed it for us though and we were able to enter the room. SOME of the employees were rude and ill mannered.
Being on bedrest I would like for the wifi to function so I can be kept entertained. The front desk had a tech come and try and sort everything. He said he would go reset the internet and still, it is not working properly. I have now given up on the wifi.
But today was the last straw, while eating breakfast in our room, my friend who is staying with us and sleeping in the same bed as me had a louse fall onto her hand. Again, just recently having surgery yesterday, lice is NOT something I need.
This place is a joke. Hands down the most terrible place I have and my family has ever stayed at. Repulsive and trashy. If you're looking for a decent place to stay, look elsewhere. This place has frustrated me to the max.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jae S
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We take the cleanliness and comfort of each guest very seriously. I hope you reached out to our staff during your stay to address the cleanliness issue in your room. We want to ensure that we are meeting yours and our expectations on a daily basis. We are looking into the issue with the Wifi connection that you mentioned becoming intermiten at times. Thank you for making us aware of this situation so we have the chance to make it right. I hope your surgery went well and you have a fast recovery. Please reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#2 of 17 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Royal Vista
Wyndham Royal Vista
#14 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!