WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cocoa, Florida, United States
“Wyndham Palm-Aire”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in Pompano for the Florida Poker Championship Event.
The property is was convenient (across the street but you will want to drive) to the Isle Casino.

Anyone giving this property more than a three does not travel much or is giving heavy weight to the amenities of the property, golf, pool and more.
And is traveling with family and on a budget.
Service was excellent which brings the score up.

The furniture, carpet, hallways etc. were clean but dated and a quality you would find in a 2 or 3 star hotel.

The grounds, pool and amenities were well kept and it seamed very family friendly and they had planned activities for those who are looking for those features.

Our room was a studio single the room was very large and had a very very nice kitchen with fridge and microwave and a pull out couch.
Making it very family or long stay friendly.
The room layout was poor.
The AC Unit was right next to the right side of the bed, was the old style in the wall type and even in height with the bed, so to cool the room the person on the right side will have to put up with the AC blowing right on them and the noise.
I had to put chairs between me and the unit and pillows to deflect the air.
The TV was positioned well if you watch from the living area on the couch but very far away from the bed, about 30 feet but it was a very nice large TV.

If I return to Pompano for another Poker Event I would travel the extra bit and stay on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jeff H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at Wyndham palm aire. The rooms were huge. Our 2 girls shared a room with 2 queens and their own bathroom. We drove over to the ocean daily and could easily park at another Wyndham on the ocean or beside it. It was clean and everyone very friendly. We also enjoyed using the gym and the pool

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank lesway001
Milford CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the 9th floor overlooking the big pool. I traveled with my husband and 2 older teenage daughters. The unit was spotless and spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. We were high enough so the noise from the pool did not bother us. We ate at the café one evening which was ok. As many other people indicated, there are plenty of stores around for food, etc... You definitely need a vehicle to get around. We were late checking in and Adam at the front desk was very pleasant. I am not a Wyndham owner however I exchanged through RCI. The concierge people were very helpful however I refused to go their meeting. I've been to too many of them and don't have 3 hours to waste on my vacation and I am not looking to change my timeshare &/or buy anymore. There is an outdoor bar and Mitch the bartender was very sociable. The beach is approximately 15 to 20 minutes away and we took advantage and parked at the Wyndham Resort on the beach. We also went on the Serenity Dinner Cruise which was enjoyable, took a trip to the Everglades, went to the casino and the Miami Seaquarium. The resort had plenty of activities going on (dancers, crafts, movie night, trivia) however we did not take advantage of these things. My only minor complaint was the elevator was right next to my bedroom and was a bit noisy. I wish this resort was located on the beach. Overall, had a great stay. We were there 8/9 - 8/16.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher level unit overlooking the big pool if possible.
5 Thank SheilaD
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

From my last trip in 2009, there did not appear to be many improvements in infrastructure (not that anything was required). Most noteworthy was the establishment of the Concierge which insured we well informed of all the amenities available at Palm Aire as well as at neighboring Wyndham sites and other locations in Pompano.

My recommendations for improvement would be
1. Along the line of Safety. On my first day, I accidentally walked into the glass door in the apartment leading to the outer verandah or porch as the glas was so clean. Later that day, someone else also walked into the door. To avoid other guests being exposed to this hazard, it would be prudent on your part to put Wyndham stickers on ALL glass doors at your resort (as exists in the lobby). This would ensure the door is always visible (even when very clean).

2. Towels can be changed more regularly even without request (at least once during the week).

4 Thank Shereeanne P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy palm aire, we've stayed on three occasions and each year they keep renovating it to make it better.

Nice pool, my three year old loved it.

Rooms are to wyndham standards, not the ritz , but on par with a Marriott .

The only downside is the area around the resort is sketchy. It doesn't bother us, but it is a downside.

Quick drive to the beach, quick drive from the airport, golf on premises, it's a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Jennandadam
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

As a Club Wyndham Access Gold VIP owner, we have been to many resorts. This is the worse!!! The customer service of the front desk was horrible. I truly believe that they go out of their way to make you wait on your room, just because you requested a pool view, or a room near this or that. They told us a room was ready at 4 when we arrived, but "because we had made special requests, we would have to wait." Our room was ready finally at 6 p.m!!! The same thing happened when my guests arrived a few days later......they love to make you wait until 6 p.m. if you have any sort of special requests. I have never had to wait this long at any other Wyndham resort.

Next.....the "member update" meeting. Granted, the group meeting was a different touch, and turned out we were very knowledgeable about everything as an owner except one question we had. So we were told to get with an advisor after the meeting to have our question answered, so we did just that. Turns out, they don't just want to answer your question, they want to sell you something you don't want or need. We were pissed as we were told our question would be answered. When we told them thank you but no thank you, they had to "leave the table" to go print this off or that off, which just took up more of our time. Finally, we called in her supervisor and told him to get us out of here. When we told the first lady we just want to leave, she immediately went from "kind" to "ugly."

Our room was fine. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath, with washer/dryer, pool view, just as we had requested. However, the ice maker was broken and required 2 trips from the maintenance guy to fix it. No big deal. our toilets did not flush well, no biggy. You really did not hear your neighbors upstairs or next to you either. The guards at the gate tend to sleep on the job as we had to always wait for them to open the gate.

Now, here is my biggest grief about this place---- KIDS RUNNING AMOK!!! Really, parents, when you go on vacation, you are still responsible for your kids. We took our 2 teenagers with us, who were never out of my sight and never left alone anywhere in the resort. Kids without parental guidance tend to be very disrespectful of the resort and other people's comfort. I saw kids playing with the handicap pool access chair like it was an amusement park ride--made me sick!!! Then I saw kids going up the slide backwards when the lifeguard was not around. REALLY!!!! Where are your parents! I called security more than I should have to. I even saw adults drinking beverages IN THE POOL!! when there are signs that clearly state not to do this.

We did take a trip to the Royal Vista resort and discovered next time we will stay there. It was very quiet!!!! my teenage girls loved it (again, they were never let out of our sight). If we come to Ft. Lauderdale again, we will stay at the Royal Vista. Many families come to the Palm Aire just to do nothing, and I think that leaves for many bored kids. We came from Minnesota to check out South Florida, so we were very busy and on the go every day, keeping my kids busy. Never again.

Room Tip: pool views are definitely better to look at than a city view, but beware, you will see misbehaved ki...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank luv2ash
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know that while on vacation, it is important to be treated well. As you know, we have a large number of guests that occupy our properties so we do apologize for the concerns with other guests on property. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for futures guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I rented a two bedroom condo with 2 other friends through a timeshare program. Although it said checkin at 4:00 - we didn't get into our room for about 2 hours. We went food shopping while we waited.

The condo had been renovated and it was very nice and very spacious. Our balconies overlooked the parking lot but we didn't want alot of noise so the fact that it didn't overlook the pool was good.

There were several pools and the one in our building was small but perfect as it was very quiet. The pool in the main building was bigger and had alot of kids and noise. So depending on what you are looking for would depend on where you want to stay.

We did not eat at the hotel. It was across the street from a Wynn Dixie so availability for food was very accessible. Although a few things in the area - Walmart, Walgreens, a Casino, you really need a car as there isn't much else around.

I found the people very nice. I would go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Palm building which was away from the main building and was quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,198 reviews
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#25 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Sea Gardens
Wyndham Sea Gardens
#16 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!