“Beware the coupon offers and also this hotel has other issues.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, SC
“Beware the coupon offers and also this hotel has other issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have been to Palm Aire several times. Tonight we opted to try their coupon suggestion for the restaurant Tokyoblue. Thought we'd get $20 off, but the coupon is deceiving. Also watch the cocktail prices. They don't list prices and it's $13 a drink! The place is dated and seedy as well.There are lots of great restaurants with much better values. Palm Aire also has a tendency to book a lot of "spec clientele" to keep the place going. It's truly not the higher end of what you expect from Wyndham if you're an owner. If you're looking for relaxation, this isn't it! Many issues with electricity going out and an elevator not working. Also,the safe in our room was broken. It took a day to replace it. Sick of Wyndham pressure to go to meetings, too! Get over it--we're not buying more!

Room Tip: Choose high or you'll hear LOUD music a good portion of the afternoon. If you like that, you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank divano1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

So I may be spoiled...but when I'm checking into a 'resort' I tend to expect certain amenities....the Wyndham Palm-Aire did not deliver. First, the employee who checked me into my room was incredibly rude, attitude up the wazoo. I can never understand this and all I can say is if you don't like working in hospitality please do all of us a favor and find another job. Although the resort failed in a number of ways, I will say that the room itself was well appointed and comfortable. It was clean with newer furniture, etc, a cute little balcony, overall decent. What the resort doesn't advertise is that it is...in an industrial location with construction going on - view from the pool - a construction site - blah! The 'cafe' as they refer to it really isn't. Doesn't open till noon and the choices are sorely limited and are poor quality. The resort itself was not clean - piles of garbage remained in the halls for a solid 36 - 48 hours and although they advertise reciprocity with the beach front Wyndham resorts - when we went to one of those resorts we were told that this reciprocity did not exist. Finally it was darn near impossible to obtain clean beach towels. Each time we went to exchange them...there weren't any clean ones available to switch. Thus I wouldn't recommend this place particularly in a location like Ft. Lauderdale where the choices are abundant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank travelgal1220
Irving, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We checked into room 887 on Saturday and found the guest bathroom shower doesn't drain. Called for service for two days and it is now Monday night and the shower is still stopped up! So annoying!!! Hopefully this review will get someone's attention and when we get back from our day at the beach tomorrow night, the shower will be fixed....

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank Cindy B
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great time at Wyndham Palm Aire! It rained daily, but that was to be expected in Florida. Despite the rain, we were still able to enjoy a day at the beach! Since we had a rental, we drove to Wyndham Vista (less than 10 miles away) and parked on site with our parking pass. The family enjoyed a ride on the Banana Boat which will be in the kids' memory for years to come. The Activity Center at Palm Aire provided family fun games at the pool, themed entertainment in the evenings and movies at the pool (or inside in case of rain). Our two bedroom suite was perfect for our family of 5. Each child had a bed to themselves and room to play. Noise did not seem to carry from one room to the next which was wonderful. The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and the room had a pleasant and freshly cleaned smell. Great overall experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Liv4tropicalsun
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great resort, not many problems, but let's start with the first one. Our first night around 9pm the fire alarm goes off, stating please evacuate theres a fire in the building, we was on the 10th floor, everyone got out safely. The lights flashed until 1:22am. I called the front desk 4 times and was told they was on the way, they will be here at 10:30pm, then I was told they didn't show up another company is coming, and the last time I called, they said, we don't know what time they coming but someone is coming. My son was so afraid from the alarm going off and the lights made it worst. The rest of the stay was fabulous. Everyone does not comply with the no noise hours, it was after 1 pm and guest was still in the pool and using the water slide that was closed, they were walking up the slide and then sliding down, kids and grown ups, no water was on the slide. The 4 bedroom presidential suite was nice, I had expected something more like Governor Green or Bonnet Creek Presidential was it was nice. We also had a 2 bedroom deluxe and that was nice as well. I think Palm Aire needs to revamp the activity center with better games, they need to take at look at Kingsgate game room and follow their lead and make the games free to the guest and just pay that $5 a day fee. I want to give props to Jared who works for Wyndham, he was the lifeguard and helped with snow cones and popcorn. Great guy, good personality, all employees need to be like him and every Wyndham needs a Jared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Latarsha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you're looking for a no frills vacation, this is it. The brochure mentioned a washer and dryer in your room but instead there was a laundry room down the hall. Also, no cleaning or replenishing laundry at all. When I asked for clean bathing towels and beach towels, I was told that I could use the washer and dryer in my room. I mentioned that I did not have those in my room and I was told took either use the laundry on the floor or just call for whatever I needed. Not surprisingly, the desk stopped answering calls. They either did not pick up and/ or sent my calls to an automated answering service to ultimately leave a message.
I have travelled quite a bit and I know good, even excellent service when I see it. Here, the concept
of service is nonexistent.
Oh yes, today there are no towels available at all. We're at the store buying our own.
Nice room, though.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Dean396
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

They will do anything to make sure you are comfortable. I had only a few questions, but they answered them to my satisfaction.

The accommodations are way above average. They treat you better than Starwoods. I am not an owner, but will be when I moved to Florida.

The internet quality is great.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#2 of 14 in Pompano Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 281 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!