“Very nice resort to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Deep River, Canada
“Very nice resort to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. We own at Palm Aire and it was our first time staying there. We are booked back next year. The suite was a one bedroom, which was very large. The bathroom was huge, jacuzzi in the master bedroom. The balconies off the living room and master bedroom were wonderful. Kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots and pans, cutlery. Linen was very plentiful.....We will be back.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong staying here..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edangie316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Peekskill New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First let me say this is most likely our 8th visit to Palm aire either with just my husband and I or our entire clan children and grandchildren.
This is also the first time I feel compelled to write such an uncomplimentary review.

Check-in: My husband is the ower of the unit and his stepson was to arrive earlier than us so we went on line as directed and signed him up as a guest, well big mistake!! When we checked in the resort front staff said we didn't have a room reservation! The front desk was not helpful, when I figured out it was because it was under my sons name they had me go on a computer next to the front desk on the wyndham site find the reservation and wanted me to print it out!! this was less than 2 feet from them but they would not come from behind the desk and look at the reservation nor would they look it up themselves they the front desk staff insisted I print it out only their printer would not work. The only person willing to help was a very nice maintenance man who tried unsuccessfully to help. Ultimately the front desk staff agreed to the mixup and we were allowed to register.

The room: As always the room was in good order only shortly after we got in the room one of the kids spilled something and it was while cleaning it up we notice the entire floor was dirty. We called the front desk and instead of them saying fine we will take care of it they argued with my husband stating that " the floor was clean and we dirtyed the floor" and it was said in a very rude way.

Cafe and bar:
when the hour time arrived for the bar and cafe to open it is never prepared we were 4th in line for food and it took 45 minutes for the food to be cooked (wings and burger!), there was just not enough staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank collegenurse
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just returned from this resort from our Spring break. We had a very late arrival and checked in around 11:30 pm, we were pretty hungry and asked if anything was open and they said we could have food delivered so this worked out great. We went to our room in the Sabal bldg. and everything was nice and up to date, however there was a very stale odor that hit us when we walked in. The beds were comfy and had nice white duvet covers as opposed to nasty comforters you usually see in hotels. The bathroom shower could have been cleaned a little better, but overall the room was nice and modern. The pool area was the best part, really pretty and so nice to lounge by. However,it can be difficult to find a chair but I eventually did. There is a game room for the kids but for some reason Sun-Thurs it closes at 5, not sure why. The beach is about 10 min away, the resort offers 2 shuttles daily but we rented a car and drove to the resorts sister resort and parked there. I recommend if you stay at this resort you do rent a car to get around there really isn't much within walking distance. There are some fun activities offered at the resort daily, and there is a mini golf course slide pool, ping pong and volley ball offered as well. Overall we had a very nice stay and I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were a party of 2 couples who spent a week at this resort.

Normally, sharing accommodation with other people can be a bit challenging but not here. The "apartment" was large and spacious. Each room had its own en suite HUGE bathroom including a Jacuzzi. The loungs and kitchen were equally big and well appointed.

At no stage was there ever a feeling of being encroached upon or crowded. It was really nice.

The complex is just across the road from a mall where you can get everything you will need and which also has a few nice restaurants.

We enjoy gambling so the fact that there is a large casio and horse race track a short walk away was also a big bonus.

The service we received while there was also good.

I highly recommend staying here if you are in the Pompano Beach area. Just one word of advice though, if you are reliant on taxi services to get around, things can get quite expensive transport wise if you intend spending a lot of time at the sea front.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was treated rudely by wonan at front desk when I asked a question. There were numerous bags of trash in hallways that other guests put out, it was there when I checked in at 4pm,it was very smelly it remained there during the night I finally called front desk to.complain the next morning & it was finally moved.For the price I paid I felt I should have been treated better & the facilities cleaner, also the room door jam looked like it have prveiously been broken into. The nicest treatment I got was when they were trying to convince me to attend a hour & a half timeshare sales presentation which I declined. I feel I wasted my $.At checkout time I tried to complain & was brushed off! Wont be returning!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Mstay74
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in the Areca building in a two bedroom unit, it was clean and very nice. Front desk ladies were amazing.help you with every possible info u needed to know. The only thing I wish I had a view of the pool, I had a view of windixe across the street. Resort is lovely.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The resort itself is not located near much. The grounds are nicely kept and are clean. There is a local public golf course within minutes which is very reasonably priced and is good to loosen up before playing at a more premium club. The two bedroom units are a very nice size with a large sitting area and kitchen. The bedrooms are also a good size. The decor is a little dated and feature noisy wall unit A/C units vs. central forced air and the TV's in the bedrooms are older CRT TV's. This is a good place for a family of 4 to stay in the Pompano Beach Area, but compared to resorts in Orlando offers much less for more $$$. That said it is much closer to some very nice beaches (Lauderdale by the Sea).

• Stayed February 2013
Wyndham Royal Vista
Wyndham Royal Vista
#10 of 37 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 242 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!