“EXCELLENT STAFF! VERY FRIENDLY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“EXCELLENT STAFF! VERY FRIENDLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location for one night before we went to the Bahamas. The staff was so friendly and they really went above and beyond. They exceeded every expectation that I had. The location is nice but I gave it a 3 because it seems misplaced like it shouldn't be where it is. The rooms are nice. The pool is nice & has a water slide. There's a golf course behind the resort. Its about 15 mins from the beach

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank dcj1009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Brielle, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a terrific resort for some rest and relaxation. It is not close to the beach, but everything you need is within a five mile radius. Walmart is across the street. The Casino and racetrack is nearby and you can use the beach at the sister resort for free. The weather is perfect, but get a good spot at the heated pool. Many of the beach chairs are in the shade for most of the day. The rooms are very clean, balconies are large, and the two bedroom unit we had was huge! A very nice resort to get out of the NJ cold. My teenage sons loved the gym. It is huge and has everything you need. A great south Florida destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pool. Our room faced the highway and it was a bit noisy as the fi...
1 Thank JoAnnMcW
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked 1BR thru our RCI timeshare and were assigned to Areca Bldg which was very nice..granite kitchen, spacious, 2full baths + jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer. Kids even found pullout sleeper to be comfortable which is a rarity.

Property very nice..Areca pool was very warm which was nice for December as it made it a no brainier to get right in. The sable pool was cool and was right next to Areca. I thought it was nice to have 2 huge pools to choose from with varying temps to enjoy. There were equal numbers of people in both. The Areca pool was cold upon arrival and we told the concierge folks and the rest of the week it was nice and warm. ..pays to speak up.

The only real negative was our room was right down the street from the fire station so ambulances were a multi daily occurrence. Our kids don't take naps but it was still annoying.

Lots of restaurants and grocery shopping very close by. I would stay here again but I understand it is somewhat of a gamble to get into one of the better rooms. One of the buildings (queens) is across the street which I would not have been happy to stay there. I would hold a $20 in my hand at checkin if I were to stay here again because they don t assign the condos until checkin. We were happy with the Areca. Staff was excellent too...super friendly and I didn't get any high pressure for timeshare. They asked, I answered and it was over. Rooms were very dark for sleeping and king bed and pillows were comfy as well.

1 Thank Rosalind C
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Third time in this hotel. Excellent. Nice staff. Clean and quiet room with 2 tvs, good beds, excelent kitchen,. Good gym with cardio machines, free weights and nautilus styles machines. Good pools, pin pong table, mini golfs, games room with a pool table. There are good restaurants and grocery stores close to the hotel. Perfect for a family vacation.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our first time staying a this Wyndham and I agree with some others that the location isn't as convenient to the beach as I had hoped. I did enjoy the smoke free casino across the street and we we did some some great local restaurants. I loved the area for walking and riding bikes and there is a great residential area not too far away. The weather was a bit cool o we didn't use the pools.

While we were there I found a great little spa that I don't believe is part of Wyndham but is located on the property. The manager,I believe her name was Melanie was so professional and made me feel like I was in a Five Star Spa. Even if I don't visit the Wyndham again I will vist the Soliel Spa anytime I am in the Fort Lauderdale area.

I think this Wyndham just needs some updating but if you are looking for a location off the beaten path don't cross this off your list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool but on a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sarah P
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Beautiful property, lush and very inviting. We were misguided by the staff especially of the location. We were told we were between Fort Lauderdala and Miami not true. Staff was very courteous and the rooms were very well decorated. Would visit again and will have our own transportation.

Room Tip: If you like being cozy the studio apartment is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovedLV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Positives: pools and landscape is above average. Nice kids playground and mini golf as well. Stayed in main building on 7th floor which is nice. Saw some other buildings that were not as up to date.
Negatives: pools are shaded till 11am. Only 1 pool is heated. Others too cold in winter months. Location is a minimum 15 minute drive to the beach. Upon check in you get a parking pass and coupons. You are offered a personal (survey) which is a 2 hour timeshare presentation! You do NOT have to do this. I highly recommend not signing up for this or simply skip it. You will thank me for this!

• Stayed December 2012
Wyndham Royal Vista
Wyndham Royal Vista
#10 of 37 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 242 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!