WINNER WONDERLAND

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, Michigan
“Great pools with warm/cool option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked 1BR thru our RCI timeshare and were assigned to Areca Bldg which was very nice..granite kitchen, spacious, 2full baths + jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer. Kids even found pullout sleeper to be comfortable which is a rarity.

Property very nice..Areca pool was very warm which was nice for December as it made it a no brainier to get right in. The sable pool was cool and was right next to Areca. I thought it was nice to have 2 huge pools to choose from with varying temps to enjoy. There were equal numbers of people in both. The Areca pool was cold upon arrival and we told the concierge folks and the rest of the week it was nice and warm. ..pays to speak up.

The only real negative was our room was right down the street from the fire station so ambulances were a multi daily occurrence. Our kids don't take naps but it was still annoying.

Lots of restaurants and grocery shopping very close by. I would stay here again but I understand it is somewhat of a gamble to get into one of the better rooms. One of the buildings (queens) is across the street which I would not have been happy to stay there. I would hold a $20 in my hand at checkin if I were to stay here again because they don t assign the condos until checkin. We were happy with the Areca. Staff was excellent too...super friendly and I didn't get any high pressure for timeshare. They asked, I answered and it was over. Rooms were very dark for sleeping and king bed and pillows were comfy as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalind C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Third time in this hotel. Excellent. Nice staff. Clean and quiet room with 2 tvs, good beds, excelent kitchen,. Good gym with cardio machines, free weights and nautilus styles machines. Good pools, pin pong table, mini golfs, games room with a pool table. There are good restaurants and grocery stores close to the hotel. Perfect for a family vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our first time staying a this Wyndham and I agree with some others that the location isn't as convenient to the beach as I had hoped. I did enjoy the smoke free casino across the street and we we did some some great local restaurants. I loved the area for walking and riding bikes and there is a great residential area not too far away. The weather was a bit cool o we didn't use the pools.

While we were there I found a great little spa that I don't believe is part of Wyndham but is located on the property. The manager,I believe her name was Melanie was so professional and made me feel like I was in a Five Star Spa. Even if I don't visit the Wyndham again I will vist the Soliel Spa anytime I am in the Fort Lauderdale area.

I think this Wyndham just needs some updating but if you are looking for a location off the beaten path don't cross this off your list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool but on a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah P
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Beautiful property, lush and very inviting. We were misguided by the staff especially of the location. We were told we were between Fort Lauderdala and Miami not true. Staff was very courteous and the rooms were very well decorated. Would visit again and will have our own transportation.

Room Tip: If you like being cozy the studio apartment is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovedLV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Positives: pools and landscape is above average. Nice kids playground and mini golf as well. Stayed in main building on 7th floor which is nice. Saw some other buildings that were not as up to date.
Negatives: pools are shaded till 11am. Only 1 pool is heated. Others too cold in winter months. Location is a minimum 15 minute drive to the beach. Upon check in you get a parking pass and coupons. You are offered a personal (survey) which is a 2 hour timeshare presentation! You do NOT have to do this. I highly recommend not signing up for this or simply skip it. You will thank me for this!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnnyNeu
SGV, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The resort is nice, well maintained grounds, especially if you stay in the building face the pool. The location of the resort is not that great--not close to beach, it's about 5-10 min drive from the water (depending on traffic). There is a fixed time shuttle (9-am going and 2-pm return) taking you to Wyndham's sister resort that is right on the beach; however, they do not provide beach chairs. Either bring $$ to rent one or bring extra towls to sit on. The beach is beautiful and waves were calm. Pompano Beach area is so-so, not much to do there. Fr Lauderdale and South Beach are south of the area; they are driveable--takes 40 min or so to get to Miami.

I heard a lot of siren going by while I stayed there last week, I'm assuming that there's a fire house or ambulance rest-stop near by.

Bottom line is that the resort itself is nice, but over-all it does not give you the usual "resort" feel because it's location and surrounding area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool make you feel you are in a resort, but could be noisy becuase the buildings ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for a week, after staying at another Wyndham property in the area. We would have enjoyed staying at the other property where we had been, the Wyndham sea gardens. The location was boring and kind of ugly, far from the beach and anything we wanted to do. Inland Pompano beach is drab, and supposedly there was a golf course but i never saw it. It would probably be a good place for people with kids as there were lots of pools and kid stuff. They had a great gym, friendly staff, if a little pushy for the time share sales push. The property feels a little run down but not terrible or anything.

• Stayed December 2012
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,198 reviews
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#25 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Sea Gardens
Wyndham Sea Gardens
#16 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#2 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!