“Love the lion”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Morriston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Morriston was originally ‘a planned industrial village’. It was the idea of the industrialist Robert Morris. During 1768–74, he built his workers flats, known as Morris Castle or Castell Craig. In 1869, The Red Lion was trading on Clydach Road, later renamed Sway Road. It must have been frequented by the brick-makers from the Morriston Silica Brick Company works which stood opposite the public house, on the site of the fire station.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great local pub in the heart of the Morriston community.The menu is varied and a value for money option, there are different deals on through the week many with drinks in the price, and the food arrives promptly. The pub is large and airy but comfortable and relaxed with a new outdoor seating area which will be nice when the 'Summer' comes. Staff are pleasant, but bouncers are an unusal sight but still quite nice to have them looking after us and opening the doors for the ladies!

1  Thank Emily E

Reviewed April 14, 2013

place was busy being a Saturday afternoon but quality food without the wait.
staff are friendly and there are plenty of them. Food is faultless and served quickly.
Excellent range of food and drinks at a fair price.
The mrs steak was cooked to perfection and for something different, I opted for the gourmet hot dog... very nice and a good sized portion.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We always managed to get a table whatever time we have visited. The food has always been good and varied. I enjoyed the salad and my husband the curry.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'd like to start by saying how pleased I am to have a local Wetherspoons within walking distance of my house! In general I find the staff very friendly and the food and drink good value, compared to other pubs.

This isnt my favourite Wetherspoons, but being local, we try and go here about once a month.
We had food at the Red Lion for the first time this week (to use some vouchers which we were given for Christmas) and it lived up to our expectations, but didnt surpass them.
The staff were very friendly and service was top notch. The range of food and drinks on offer is enormous and they always have a range of real ales too (who the heck drinks extra cold rubbish this time of year!!)

The food was ok - I was still hungry after my burger and needed a dessert. The coffee was cheap but not very pleasant to drink.
The pub was very busy - if you arrive after 6.30pm it would be hard to get a table. The beer garden door was constantly being opened by people going outside to smoke or make phonecalls and this made the pub feel quite cold, even though they had a lovelt log fire burning.

I'd definitely go again as it is so local, but not until the summer when it is a bit warmer.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been coming here at least 3 times a week so i thought it was def worth a review , We found the staff very nice always polite and really helpful. The place is huge plenty of tables which are kept clean by staff at all times .The menu has plenty of choices from steaks / chicken /snacks etc we have had quite a lot of different things off the menu and have found everything to be very nice and very reasonable ,no sooner you order the food its on table within 10 mins. Also certain nights e.g steak nights, curry nights all good value for money also come with free choice of drink . There is now a beer garden being done at the side of the premises so thats a bonus . We would def recommend this place to friends , family etc because of the choice on the menu something for everyone , also cleanliness and happy staff and reasonable prices on food and drink