“Great adventure! Created great memories for a mom and her 14 yr old son!”
Review of Fantasy of Flight

Fantasy of Flight
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Polk City
More attraction details
Owner description: Central Florida's premier aviation attraction. More than 100 rare vintage aircraft, themed immersion experiences, flight simulators, interactive exhibits, tram tour of aircraft maintenance areas, restoration and back lot tours and daily aerial demonstration (weather permitting). Audio tours, Biplane Rides are also available. Wing WalkAir A thrilling outdoor attraction featuring a 600-foot zip line suspended four stories above water and a three-level ropes course complete with 33 midair challenges to be performed while tethered to an overhead line at heights of up to 45 feet.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We just did the ropes course at Fantasy of Flight...I drive by this place multiple times a week. I always thought I don't see what the big deal is, but man was I wrong! It was challenging at times. Other times it was fun... Allowed us to get creative and competitive with one another! Made for great entertainment OUTSIDE!

1  Thank MoultonFamily
in 13 reviews
"constellations"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This treat is only a short drive from Orlando down the I 4, and well worth the trip, if only to get away from the hustle and bustle of Disney. The site is well laid out and the exhibits excellent and within easy reach and really accessible. You may also be lucky enough to have a demonstration flight of one of the historic aircraft flown by the owner, Kermit Weeks. Food and drink are available and reasonably priced. The themed restaurant is especially worth a visit. I must also mention the various guides who are a mine of information and most helpful.

1  Thank David38_13
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I happened upon this gem by chance on the return journey from Busch Gardens in Tampa.
I spotted the DC3 sitting on the side of the I4 advertising Fantasy of Flight and thought what is that? On arriving back at my holiday villa I immediately googled it and to my surprise I realised that I had seen the web site before. The only surviving airworthy Short Sunderland flying boat is housed at Fantasy of Flight and with it being one of my fathers favourite aircraft and also built in Belfast just up the road from where I live and opposite my workplace I had investigated it previously.
I immediately persuaded my wife that we really had to go the following day!
We actually did because it is only open from Thursday to Sunday and it was Saturday and we were due to leave on Thursday :)
This is very easy to find literally just off the I4 and about a mile up the road. You are met with an impressive Lockheed Constellation sitting on the grass which lets you know you are in the right area. The tickets are $29.95 and are worth every penny! Arrive early to enjoy the hangers were future projects are stored as they close quite early in the afternoon to avoid the worst of the heat of the day, a small tram like vehicle leads you there. Back at the main hangers are the restored aircraft and every one of them is immaculately presented. I wont go into whats on offer here as the list is long, there are plenty to see. The Sunderland is in pride of place and is an impressive sight. Around 1.15 there was a demonstration flight of a German Storch, an impressive STOL aircraft. Every day there is a flight demonstration but the aircraft used varies with pilot availability and weather. We spent most of the day here and even my wife thoroughly enjoyed it, even though she really doesnt have much interest in old aircraft :) A lot of time and money has been spent on the experience and you just really have to go to appreciate the effort these guys have gone to. The staff are very informative and they all love their jobs and have a genuine interest in the aircraft. There are educational and fun activities for the kids with simulators of aircraft, hot air ballooning, hang gliding and fun experiments to explain flight as well as an extensive rope course. You can even pay for a flight in a biplane. If you are an aircraft enthusiast or you are just generally interested in seeing what flight is all about then make sure you visit next time you are in Florida.

2  Thank wizziwaz
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a great time at Fantasy of Flight. Enjoyed the interactive exhibits detailing the history of flight. It was also amazing to see battle damaged planes awaiting restoration too. I could have described a B-27 or Hellcat all day to my girlfriend but it wasn't until she got up close that she truly appreciated the size of them. Plently of exhibits for kids and adults alike and it won't take all day to get through.It's a great afternoon activity if you happen to be in the area.