“Beautiful home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Gardens State Park

Eden Gardens State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Formerly the estate of the William Henry Wesley family, this lovely park features the Wesley mansion, manicured lawns and moss-draped gardens.
Casselberry, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Beautiful home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

The home was gorgeous and all decked out for Christmas. Wish we could have gone inside, but we were there on the wrong day, so we could only wander the grounds. I'm sure it looks better in the spring and summer, but it was beautiful in the winter, too.

There isn't much to do if you can't go inside, so we wandered for a bit and then left.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank breezanemom

Houston, Texas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A beautiful place to learn about "old" Florida and French antiques!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

After two hours on the white sand, I got bored and left my family happily stretched out on the beach while I hit the road. Luckily, a road sign for this state park caught my eye. It's a sleeper...not a lot of visitors, but it was playing host to a wedding the day I was there and I can't imagine a lovelier setting to exchange vows than under the enormous oaks. That left just me and another historic home buff to take the tour led by a guide who shared her extensive knowledge of the people who'd lived here, the buildings the constructed, how they made their living, and the woman who brought it back from ruins to house a collection of famed French furniture. A great alternative for those of us with a limited tolerance for sand and sun!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank TravelerTrish73
Oklahoma City
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“A hidden site to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We happened upon this place on our last day in PCB. It was well worth seeking it out. An antebellum home in the western part of PCB area that had been converted from an old Victorian house. The grounds were spectacular, and the tour guide was very informative. The 600 year old trees, the flower gardens, and water areas were pristine. One will need some bug spray if planning on being outside for an extending tour of the grounds. It's a bit off the beaten path, but is well worth the drive and tour.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank shirmart
Spring Hill, Florida
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Beauty and history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I usually research an area before we visit, and this state park was a must see for me when we visited Destin. We toured the grounds first. It's a lovely walk down to the water. As we returned, we stopped at the wedding tree. There are many weddings there each year, and they were setting up for one that afternoon. The grounds also contain a beautiful pool and gardens. As we returned to the house to wait for the tour, we enjoyed sitting in the rockers on the porch. The tour guide was very knowledgable about the house, the furnishings and the people who had lived there. She was also very friendly and took pictures for everyone. It is an enjoyable place to visit at a very reasonable price.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Batmom7
Upstate New York
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Beautiful State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We took a quick trip to this state park. The parking lot has a $4 fee paid on the honor system. We had a little bit of time before the next house tour so we walked around the grounds. I enjoyed walking through the small gardens and looking out over the bayou. We escaped the heat and waited inside the house in a small room where you could wait for the next tour. The ranger soon arrived and collected $4 per person for the tour. The house was full of furniture and the history of the house is interesting. The ranger was very knowledgeable about the site and its history. The estate contains the second largest collection of Louis XVI furniture in the US as well as a Chippendale side table worth $250,000. I would never have picked that table as the most expensive piece of furniture in the house! I enjoyed the tour but I will say the ranger talked about every single piece of furniture as well as art work which was somewhat of an overkill but overall the tour was very good. I would recommend this tour for anyone that likes a little bit of history and furniture.

Visited May 2013