“Unfair Reviews”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poinciana
Alhambra at Poinciana
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I think that the reviews giving a 1 or 2 rating were a bit unfair. They seemed to me to be resentful of one item and retaliatory. We stayed there this April 2009 and found it to be quite nice. This was our second visit there. It is right on a golf course and only minutes away from a Horseback riding stable. We also received a free day cruise coupon that got us on board the Sun Cruze Casino boat along with a free lunch or dinner (depending when you go) and entertainment. We were able to get to all the main attractions within 30 minutes. We enjoyed the serenity of the resort including some of the wildlife that we were able to see in the mornings. My wife spent a great deal of time relaxing and reading a book on the screened in balcony with a beautiful view of the golf course. As for the internet access, I used dial-up which cost me nothing and I was able to retrieve all my emails and even arranged some work to be done when I got back home. I did recommend to the resort to get a device to be able to distribute internet via electrical outlets as I saw at one other resort. They have been trying to get wireless for a while but could not locate a cost effective way to distribute wi-fi to all the units. They received my recommendation with eagerness. The staff was extremely helpful and eager to provide all the help they could.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juri57

Reviewed December 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Alhambra at Poinciana from 12-6 through 12-13, 2008. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The units were large (we had a one bedroom) and very clean. The kitchen was also large.
The staff was very helpful, giving us suggestions on were to dine and giving us directions to the various attractions in Orlando.
The pool was large and clean. We were usually the only ones using it.
The Alhambra is not close to the "action" but is within comfortable driving distance from Disney, Seaworld, Universal, and the Airport. There are plenty of grocery stores, a Walgreens, Walmart, and various fast food places all within a couple of minutes from the Alhambra.
The Alhambra is not a fun filled action packed resort but it is a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place to return to after your excursions.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Pauldg
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I'm currently staying at this place. I'll give a review on our whole stay later. But right now, I wanted to vent about how backward this site is in regards to technology.

I brought some last-minute work with me thinking that I can take 2 hours in the night to tackle this task. But no...........

They have wi-fi, but you have to be sitting in the front office to use it. AND the front office closes at 10pm. I'm [----]!!!

I get to the front office, they don't haved a business ctr. You have to setup your laptop, guess this, almost right (AND I mean right ) in front of the security guard. There's no privacy. One is so close I feel I we need to exchange references and health info.

This sucks!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008
3  Thank groovytrip
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My parents bought this timeshare back in 1988, I thought by now the place would be more modern than I found it to be in May-June 2007. Dont get me wrong we had a blast, but it was because of what WE made it. The rooms could use a more modern look, the kitchen is old and outdated, we chose to cook while we were there a few days during the week. Wanted more activities for my 11 year old, eventho we were at Universal 7 day pass but when at the resort, nothing to do....she's a bit old for swings and slides...and the pool was not that hot either....Just something to think about, when the maintenance fee continues to sky-rocket, thats partly why we didnt make it this year..$.630.00 before we can even book a stay....can find other places to go for less and more updated with plenty of activities....

Thanks for the hospitality, but please, please I beg you upgrade the kitchens, include activities for families, at this point I dont even want to inherit the place cause its sooo old looking and not fun.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank 4Turners
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We stayed here from apr 12-apr 19th 2008. We got here by accident. RCI screwed up my dates for summer bay resort, and we reserved this the NIGHT BEFORE our trip! After reading the reviews, I was a little worried. To my surprise, check in was a breeze, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, Beds were comfy. We had one issue with the fridge, and it was corrected within the hour. This is defenitely not a 5 star resort, but it has excellent accomodations. As other people have stated, the only problem I see is how far it is from the action. You are a good half hour away from any type of resturant, and about 45 mins from Disney parks. At the beginning of the week, it didn't bother us so much, but after filling the tank of the rental car TWICE, we realized that it is just too far out of the action. What a shame too, because overall, we found this a nice place to stay, and if it was on the main strip, would go back every year.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fyre70
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We were first-time owners at Alhambra and had purchased the property sight unseen via the web. We arrived to find spacious units with more amenities than expected.
The kitchen was well-equipped with dishwasher and washer/dryer unit and well-stocked with cooking utensils and pans.
Living room was large; dining room was a snug fit when everyone was seated at the table but the over-sized tubs more than made up for that. Super roomy and comfortable.
The bedrooms were ultra clean with a lovely screened-in balcony (ours overlooked the pool). Beds were super comfortable with extra blankets available.
Maid service mid-week was complimentary and the staff was very friendly while working away. Pleasant manners. Outside grounds were well-maintained and clean. Squirrels chased each other around the grounds.
Pool area was very clean with lots of chairs/recliners. No shade to speak of and not Olympic-sized at all - no hot tub. Nice feature was a kiddie pool off to the side for toddlers.
This timeshare did not offer a lot of children's activities (small playground equipment in large back lawn area) and the pool was not huge but we were travelling with teenagers and they were happy with the rooms and pool area as most of the time we were off to theme parks for the day.
Staff was friendly and night security guard was extremely helpful with directions, etc.
Rooms were comparable to other high-end timeshares that we have visited in quality and space.
Downfall: safe in room was not included in price - there was an extra $5/wk charge to use the safe. I wondered why they didn't just raise the annual fees by $5 and everyone could use the safes - thought it was a trivial and silly charge. No corkscrews in room - would be a nice touch - called down to office and we could go pick one up but, again, a small investment to add to the room instead of having the inconvenience of leaving to get one. The end units have a big window in the bathroom that lets in gorgeous sun - a definite plus to enjoy more sunshine. Can rent VHS movies in lobby - again, a DVD upgrade to the rooms would be such a plus as there was only a VCR. The movies are only $2 - again, maybe raise the annual fees by $10 and give a coupon on arrival for 5 free movies?? Would seem like more of a family package that way.
Super shopping less than 5 min away with a Wal-Mart and Winn Dixie for groceries. Golf course adjacent to property.
Very pleased with overall stay. Will definitely try to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Irishmeadow
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We got a free week via RCI travel and thought we'd use it in Orlando. Well - we thought we were staying in Orlando - it's actually about 45 minutes to an hour south of the city in the middle of nowhere really. The place it self was clean and the beds were comfy - but that's all that was good. The staff was surly, the rooms were outdated (think mid 1990's), the pool was cold and lame, and there was nothing to do at the complex besides sleep. If you don't mind driving an hour each way to the parks and are just looking for a place to lay your head - then this might be the place for you. But if you want a close location so you're not wasting vacation time going to a lame-o condo unit with no amenities then look elsewhere. Next time we'll stay at the Worldmark resort near SeaWorld - so we can be close to both Disney and Universal. Happy travels!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank abminister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poinciana
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#20 of 155 in Kissimmee
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee

Been to Alhambra at Poinciana? Share your experiences!