“Horrible Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poinciana
Alhambra at Poinciana
Kaysville, Utah
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Barthroon-The bathroom tub had a black ring around it and the floor of the tub was sticky. The wall paper was peeling and there were clumps of dust matted to the walls. We also had a 3x 3 inch patch of what appeared to be black mold eating away at the cabinet. And the bathroom door did not lock.The bedroom closet door was off the track. When I opened the silverware drawer a huge insect was curled up in a tablespoon. That night we saw insects crawling up the walls.
We spoke to the front desk and they said that they were in the process of remodeling the rooms and unfortunately ours was yet to be remodeled. Fortunately, we had the means to check out early and find a clean and well maintained placed to stay for the remainder of our vacation.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a remodeled condo.
Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank Treker650

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Had a 2-bedroom 2-bath condo with newly upgraded bathrooms and kitchen. New tile floor and countertops. Very clean and well-maintained. Friendly and helpfull staff. Had a small problem with shower/tub control, called the front desk, maintenance was there in 5 minutes and had it repaired 10 minutes later! It is a little out of the way, but after crowds at WDW, we did not mind a quiet location.

Room Tip: Not sure all of the rooms have been upgraded, ask
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Milestonecruises
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Pros: Quiet hotel. Away from attractions.
Having a kitchen was great. Walmart down the street for whatever you need.
Pool was open until 10:00 p.m. Great for the children.
Staff was great. Provided towels for pool and other necessities w/out a problem.

Cons: Location about 25-30 min. from Disney if you do not take toll highways.
No other amenities offered at hotel besides pool/not so great playground (no
swings). Hot tub was small and did not heat up.
Had a hard time finding Pool entrance. The grounds was large and could not
figure out why the pool entrance was on the main road.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank praiseworthy
Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The previous reviews were very helpful. My wife, two boys and I staid in a one bedroom condo at Alhambra. We had a very pleasant stay. Here are a few tips: (1) I had to enter kissimmee on my GPS as the city, not Poinciana, to find the location. (2) the real benefit of this place is "golfing". There are three reasonably priced golf courses near by. It wouldn't hurt to bring your tennis racket as well. (3) We had an excellent kitchen. We shopped at the nearby Walmart and Winn Dixie for food, and used the kitchen for breakfast. (3) There is a great pizza place close by, NYPD Pizza. (4) It is a little far from the amusement parks, but it's an easy commute over the Poinciana Blvd to the vicinity of Disney World. You are going to drive up to 26 miles from the condo to the entrance to a park, but about half of that commute is actually on the Disney Property. Parking is $14. I recommend eating outside Disney at one of the restaurants on the main drag, like the ones at the Cross Roads plaza. I didn't get the Internet service, which is about $20 for a week, but then I was on vacation. We had a very positive experience. The room had everything we needed. There are other condos in the area close to the various amusement parks, if you are concerned about the commute, but Alhambra is a decent place. If you like a good deal on a condo like Alhambra for a week, and you are military, check out the Armed Forces Vacation Club web site for possible deals.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank FrankX
srq
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I thought we travel to these locations for families. It was your choice to bring your work from home. So stop complaining!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank itaprincesskim
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I think that the reviews giving a 1 or 2 rating were a bit unfair. They seemed to me to be resentful of one item and retaliatory. We stayed there this April 2009 and found it to be quite nice. This was our second visit there. It is right on a golf course and only minutes away from a Horseback riding stable. We also received a free day cruise coupon that got us on board the Sun Cruze Casino boat along with a free lunch or dinner (depending when you go) and entertainment. We were able to get to all the main attractions within 30 minutes. We enjoyed the serenity of the resort including some of the wildlife that we were able to see in the mornings. My wife spent a great deal of time relaxing and reading a book on the screened in balcony with a beautiful view of the golf course. As for the internet access, I used dial-up which cost me nothing and I was able to retrieve all my emails and even arranged some work to be done when I got back home. I did recommend to the resort to get a device to be able to distribute internet via electrical outlets as I saw at one other resort. They have been trying to get wireless for a while but could not locate a cost effective way to distribute wi-fi to all the units. They received my recommendation with eagerness. The staff was extremely helpful and eager to provide all the help they could.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Juri57
Winona, MN
Reviewed December 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Alhambra at Poinciana from 12-6 through 12-13, 2008. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The units were large (we had a one bedroom) and very clean. The kitchen was also large.
The staff was very helpful, giving us suggestions on were to dine and giving us directions to the various attractions in Orlando.
The pool was large and clean. We were usually the only ones using it.
The Alhambra is not close to the "action" but is within comfortable driving distance from Disney, Seaworld, Universal, and the Airport. There are plenty of grocery stores, a Walgreens, Walmart, and various fast food places all within a couple of minutes from the Alhambra.
The Alhambra is not a fun filled action packed resort but it is a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place to return to after your excursions.

• Liked — Large, clean, helpful friendly staff
  • Disliked — It is some distance from attractions
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Pauldg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poinciana
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
#13 of 62 in Kissimmee
Club Sevilla
Club Sevilla
#16 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Alhambra at Poinciana? Share your experiences!