“Thank God for Dennis and Abbi”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Thank God for Dennis and Abbi”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a hotel you want to AVOID simply because the majority of the staff are rude, inconsiderate and should be working at a Safari for crocodiles somewhere out in space.
Thank God for Dennis and Abi, they and the room's comfortable amentities are this venue's only redeeming qualities.
But comfortable amentities cannot compensate to paying loyal customers for rude staff. And the 'buffet breakfast' was terrible!!!!!
NOT returning ever to this facility.

Room Tip: Find another IHG facility in the area
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OneSaucyTrini
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear OneSaucyTrini,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale Plantation.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the last night of our trip. The room cost me $150 on a Friday night which is pretty good for this area. The room was very big, smelled good and was clean. The staff was professional and what we would expect from Holiday Inn. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. They just ran out of food quickly and it took awhile to get the refills.
The pool was small but very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind remarks.
Please come again soon.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and its just ok. It's right next to a quality inn that has exterior door room entrances. The parking lot is not well lit and there was a shooting at the mall nearby the second night I was there. The hallways are not connected so you have to go down to a certain level to crossover to the next wing. Very inconvenient. Water pressure in the hotel shower STUNK!

• Stayed April 2014
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The minute I checked-in there was only one out of two rooms ready when I requested an early check-in. The gentleman decided to take my credit card information for both rooms where He insisted that the second room would be ready after three pm and I would just have to pick-up my room key from the front desk. I arrived back to the hotel at 9pm and the Concierge (lady,red skin,solid built, & tall) was so rude. I told her I was there earlier and just came to pick-up my additional key. She replied, I'm going to need your credit card because I didn't deal with you earlier and you can't give you the room key until you sign the reg. card; again after I insisted that I already completed both cards. She was so rude with every reply. I stayed to the resort for five nights and will not return. When I needed towels for the pool the concierge gave me small bleached out faded towels, the concierge are never willing to assist. The only person who accommodated me during my stay was Abi. Abi granted a late checkout for me and was so pleasant. Abi was awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Channi L
Dear Guest,

I thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with
our Front Desk. It is through comments such as your that we can better build on our service goals and measure our performance. Once again thank you for your comments.

Turku, Finland
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I choose this hotel because of getting it with IHG points and because of the location: wanted to visit Sawgrass Mills and attend a Panthers game as well as arrive easily to our cruise at Port Everglades. I also wanted a hotel with free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. At Holiday Inn Plantation I got it all - with the extra of fridge in the room, pool (which i had not realized there is when booking) and very very very comfortable bed. My only complaint would be the door at the room - it was not noise proof. So we woke up one night when a staff member was obviously delivering account detail letters for speed checkout. He got a call and desided to stand just behind our door to talk to his phone at 5 am!
Elevator really looked like it needed a refurbish which evidently is on its way.
Service at front desk was exceptionally good: we had actually 2 bookings since they were done by reward points. They sorted it quickly so that we would keep the same room for both nights.
Breakfast was fine (little bit sweet to a Scandinavian) offering toast, yoghurt, pastries, pancakes, juice, coffee, cereals. Plastic & paper cups and utensiles, no china - but who cares since it is complimentary. My husband missed cheese - as there was only creamcheese available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for stay ing with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time
with us. I will have a little conversation with our security guard. It is through
comments such as yours that we can measure our services.

Thanks again,

Winnipeg
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Breakfast included everything that we wanted/needed and served to 10 am on Sunday to accommodate everyone who was waiting. Fitness room was a nice size and had 2 treadmills, cycle and elliptical. Room was big and looked like it was recently renovated. Location was within a few miles of the fabulous Sawgrass Shopping Mall and Ft Lauderdale Airport. If we are ever in this area we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
please come again.

Siikajoki, Finland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We got to this hotel due Staybridge Suites forced us to move our reservation to this hotel. Room was big but AC nosy. We had 5 persons but room did not had all stuff for 5 available (like towels, blanket etc). Quite disappointing after 24 hours of traveling. Anyhow rather quiet area. Breakfast was better that average in Holiday Inn Express hotels as more salty/fruity choices available. Parking lot was big enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear plfin,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive remarks on our parking lot and breakfast selection that was served. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and we are truly sorry we did not manage this on this day. Allow us to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had with the room accommodation and loud air conditioning unit. Your feedback will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Address: 1701 N University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322-4108
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation