“Nice hotel for the money”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Orange Park, Florida
“Nice hotel for the money”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a weekend business trip to the Ft Lauderdale area. Compared to the prices of other hotel rooms that weekend, this place was a bargain. The room was clean and comfortable with updated decor. The hotel also provided a nice free breakfast buffet - not just a continental breakfast with old donuts either. I would stay at this hotel again if I were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
Curacao
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is ok. I actually expected a little more for the price but it was ok. The rooms were standard, nothing too fancy, just ok. We specifically emailed the hotel beforehand requesting a room on a higher floor, but once we arrived we didn't get it. The reception lady would change it, even though we had received an email from the hotel manager stating he would compy with our request. The lady at the reception was actually not very helpful at all and simply stated that she couldn't do anything and that we should try again in the morning. When we arrived in our room we noticed a stange odor and a malfunctioning drawer. one of the drawers would just keep popping out al by itself. In the morning I had backpain because one side of the bed was not very comfy (could feel the spings). So we complained again in teh morning and again requested a different room. The (new) reception lady made us wait over half a day to see if we could get a different room and then announced that all she had was a room one floor up. We took it because of the issue with the bed. The new room (and bed) were fine but it was not what we had requested. This new room also had a funny smell when you entered it. Truthfully the service was disappointing to me. Even if you can't accomodate a guest request, I expected a little more service oriented attitude towards the guest than what we had to deal with. I expected more from a 3 star hotel. A plus is that the breakfast is quite good. Especially since it's included in the price.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor and check out if the bed is ok (no spings popping out) before you s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Curacaogirl,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you and regret that there were some troubles with your room during your stay. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided.

Dhan M
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had to work in Hollywood, FL and EVERYTHING was booked, so I settled for this hotel at the advice of my travel agent.

I didn't have any problems finding the hotel but it was far away from almost everything. I had to drive at least 15 minutes to get to activities.

The hotel appears to be undergoing renovations. The hallways are large and well lit. The carpet appears to be fresh.

I think because of my status with Holiday Inn Express/ICHotels Group, I received an upgraded room. My room was large and I had plenty of space. The ventilation worked well and wasn't too loud. I couldn't hear any neighbors or other unwanted disturbances.

My only real complaint is that the cleaning staff could be more thorough. I did find some stray hairs and since I'm bald and travel alone, I know the hairs weren't mine!

The wireless internet is HORRIBLE! In all my years of travel, this is probably one of the worst internet connections I've ever seen. It was horrific. They need to replace that system immediately.

Some of the vending machines machines appeared to be new but they didn't work.

I would only stay at this hotel again if I had no other choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HGfromOmaha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear HGfromOmaha,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback. I am deeply sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the issues experienced with the Internet connection and inconsistency you found in the maintenance levels of the hotel. Your comments will be reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify unsatisfactory circumstances.

Pam G.
Dobbs Ferry, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked this hotel based upon trip advisor reviews. I went to check it out before staying there. The first thing I noticed was a bad odor as soon as I entered. The person at the front desk was really nice and helpful.She let me go take a look at a room upstairs so I could see what the rooms were like. The area where you have breakfast was very dark, but no one was eating there at the time. The furniture was serviceable. Nothing special. Once I got upstairs the odor was gone and it was much more pleasant. The room was clean enough and looked serviceable. I just felt for the price being charged it was a lot of money for nothing very special. The gym area was not at all like what the website showed and neither was the pool area which was tiny. Again the pool area did not at all look like the website. I decided not to stay there because I really couldn't stand the odor in the entrance hall. It made me sick to my stomach for hours afterwards. I had trouble opening the door to the room, couldn't figure out how to use that card thing they give you. The housekeeping staff was very nce about helping me. So if you don' t smell the odor, my husband who sat in the lobby didn't seem to notice it at all, it would be ok for a short stay. Not my idea of a place to go for a romantic vacation. The best thing about this place from my visit was the really nice staff.

Room Tip: The room looked clean, but there was just a tiredness to it all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear lara p,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review regarding your experience. I am happy to read you found our staff and clean rooms commendable. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the unusual odor and condition of the facilities which are not at par with your expectations. Your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Again, thank you for your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services. We hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Chaguanas, Trinidad
Reviewed January 26, 2013

this hotel was very nice! it is a good location if you are looking to shop. it is clean and the breakfast good although the menu could change up ever so often. the front desk was very helpful and friendly. plus they have a good shuttle service and it is also accessible if you want to take the bus. the only problem is that housekeeping stole a couple small items! i experienced this in a holiday inn express in puerto rico as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karisma S
Orlando Fl
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very clean.....comfortable bed.....nice bathroom.......great morning breakfast. Loved the workout room. Service was excellent. Great location to different restaurants. Can't go wrong with this hotel. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this location in November 2012 while on business. I would have left as soon as I got in the room if it was not 2am and one of the only places I found with available rooms.

The Good:
outside looks kept up well.
rooms were available.

The Bad/Very Bad:
The front desk clerk for the overnight was very rude, hard to understand and went on and on about smoking - I am not a smoker.
The room was disgusting - hair was everywhere. on the back of the bed, all over the bathroom, in the shower, sink etc.
The mini fridge had dirt in it, and it barely worked.
The room was so unclean, I found a SECOND remote, easily visible, behind the mattress, which told me that no one had cleaned that area. I even put the room remote in the photo for proof of a second remote that housekeeping missed.
The bed spread had cigarette burns.
The breakfast was the worst I have ever had at a HIE. It was not edible. I drank juice and left, quickly.
I have attached photos of what I found, as I said, if you can find a better room in the area do it, or be prepared to clean your own room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadalways
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ontheroadalways,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Address: 1701 N University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322-4108
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation