Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
florida
“Run don't Walk”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this location in November 2012 while on business. I would have left as soon as I got in the room if it was not 2am and one of the only places I found with available rooms.

The Good:
outside looks kept up well.
rooms were available.

The Bad/Very Bad:
The front desk clerk for the overnight was very rude, hard to understand and went on and on about smoking - I am not a smoker.
The room was disgusting - hair was everywhere. on the back of the bed, all over the bathroom, in the shower, sink etc.
The mini fridge had dirt in it, and it barely worked.
The room was so unclean, I found a SECOND remote, easily visible, behind the mattress, which told me that no one had cleaned that area. I even put the room remote in the photo for proof of a second remote that housekeeping missed.
The bed spread had cigarette burns.
The breakfast was the worst I have ever had at a HIE. It was not edible. I drank juice and left, quickly.
I have attached photos of what I found, as I said, if you can find a better room in the area do it, or be prepared to clean your own room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadalways
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ontheroadalways,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Been here numerous times in the past year, but it has been getting worse each visit...noise, chaotic breakfast buffet, noise, noise, broken cable tv, broken lamps, noise......random kids screaming and running all over ...front desk nothing but attitude...only good thing is house keeping staff..very friendly immigrants

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mariannnnnnn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mariannnnnnn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspect. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Thank you to the staff. They recognized me as a Platinum member at check in and gave me 2 free bottles of water, but more importantly, a free upgrade to a king bed suite, which had lots of room and a balcony and was very nice. Breakfast was typicaly Holiday Inn. Location has dining options nearby. I am definitely staying here again next month!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a very difficult hotel to review because there are so many opportunities to say "On the other hand." To my mind, two things are certain: the good far outweigh the bad and I do not understand all the four star ratings.

In short, this is an above-average, clean, massive Holiday Inn. This is exactly what this hotel is, no more, no less. It is a huge hotel and I cannot believe that it was initially built to be a hotel. It appears to be a converted office building and as hotels go it is too large for my liking.

The negatives are few but I will start with them so I can end with the positives. The entry to the hotel is spoiled because it is a smoking section with two benches on either side of the entryway doors for people to puff away. I am not a smoker and smokers don't bother me one bit but forcing me to go through a smoking section is clearly at odds with common sense.

The hotel's second floor corridors have a unique smell. For the love of me I could not determine whether they were trying to mask an unpleasant smell or purposely spraying a fragrance that I didn't care for. My room was a good size but there were ants in the bathroom and a long entryway which was a ton of wasted space and could have used an outlet and a light as could the closet.

Finally, the hotel is in a decent enough area but it changes very rapidly. I would strongly suggest that once you make the right turn out of the hotel that you make a U-Turn at the next light.

Now on to the positives. The service at the hotel was excellent. Brandon checked us in and he was professional, personable and fast. He was pleasant anytime we saw him and gave you a great feeling whenever you walked through the front door. The hotel was spacious, the outside was well maintained, the restaurant and happy hour were fantastic, the pool area was nice and the maid service was outstanding.

If I find myself in Fort Lauderdale in the future and I am able to get this hotel for about $80 a night, I will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Iceler,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding service.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the the hotel entrance and the bathroom cleanliness. We will address these points. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed threes nights at this very modern HIE, it is pretty corporate style... Great mattresses, good rooms with fridge, good breakfast (only fruit salad missing), but the pool was not clean and we heard too much noise from hallway and neighboring rooms. We would stay at this property again, but not at regular rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kbzensen
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rooms felt new, very comfy and very clean. I could not hear any noise from neighbors or outside. Staff was kind and helpful. Pool was decent, and breakfast was great, with lots of options. It is close to lots of good restaurants. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA (USA)
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For the price you get a nice quality room. You can tell is fairly new as the rooms felt newer and quite comfy. We stayed there from Dec. 24 - 29th and we had a great stay. We had family near by so we had no need to use the amenities of the hotel so can't comment on the breakfast buffet, pool or fitness center.

The staff was very courteous and no complains. I will be happy to stay there again.

In sum -- great price and nice value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Address: 1701 N University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322-4108
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation