Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Ocala, Florida
“Best stay ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I don't like staying in hotels especially since I lost my leg because I am new to walking with a prosthetic and sometimes have to use a wheelchair. We came into town for my sons wedding and were so tired but we had a room very quickly. The next morning we realized I was having a hard time with my wheelchair in the room we were given. My husband talked to two young ladies at the desk (Tiffany and Valeska) and in a matter of a moment they switched me to a handicapped room and made us feel like it was their pleasure. Evey time we left they had big smile and were so polite. I am looking forward to my next trip because they made it really comfortable. Really great experience, my husband and I both said people were so polite in this town we actually did not want to leave. Thank you for making sure I had a comfortable stay and a good night sleep for my sons wedding :)

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a handicapped room this hotel will make you comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
Ellenville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Thank you to Nicole at the front desk at 12 midnight, she was a god sent. We were booked at the not so nice place next door when we realized that we could not possible stay their. We walked to the Holiday Inn and saw Nicole, she was extremely understanding and nice and said she would work with us. The hotel service and staff were amazing and turned our bad start into a great well rested week vacation.

Room Tip: third floor was extremely quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in September 2012 and the rooms are realy nice, with a confortable bed, very clean and spacious, just pretty close to Sawgrass Outlet store.

I booked in Hotwire, with a very good rate!

Very Good Stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank loucoportrip
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Not a particular fan of this hotel. Rooms ok. They forgot to clean my room the 2nd night. I stayed for business. Breakfast really boring. too crowded. I think they need more tables. They could do better!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had business trip here and choose here because I am the priority club member.

Bad:
* Parking spaces are limited.
* Pancake machine is broken. According to previous review, it has been down for a while and there is no sign for them to replace one.
* Internet is really slow. I wouldn't stay here in future. It says high-speed but it barely opens any page at the peak time. The front desk said if too many people are using internet then the speed will be slow. But the truth is it wasn't working at all. The speed got better after 10pm.
* The sound proof is pretty bad. A lot of kids were talking and playing in the hall way and I can hear every single word.

Good:
*stuff is friendly.
*enough selection for breakfast.
*they put paper every morning.
*gym room opens 24 hours.
*good neighbor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in room 340 - one king bed. We were at the end of a hall and it was very quiet. We chose this hotel because 1) it was pet friendly and 2) close to attractions we wanted to see in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. The king bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean as well. The hot breakfast was a plus - pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. They also had oatmeal, pastries, fruit, hot tea, coffee, milk and juice available. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room but we felt this was a great value for a quick weekend get away. There were a lot of restaurants nearby as well. I travel with my small dog and will definitely consider staying here the next time I am in Fort Lauderdale/Miami. I like that it is close to Sawgrass Mills Outlets as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flgurl69
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have been staying for 3 days & have 2 days more to go...if it was up to me we would have moved to a different hotels by now. 1. They didn't have a king room available when we checked in (which is what we booked), so my husband & i have been sleeping in the 2 double beds :(. 2. Breakfast is a disaster! Busy all times of morning w/ "vultures" grabbing all they can carry. There are pictures of cinnamon rolls everywhere , but I have yet seen an actual one. The location is great & the grounds are nice for our small dog to take walks around; but I saw a Courtyard by Marriott that is right down the road that looks nicer!

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear HurleyJoy,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are delighted to know that you like our grounds as well as our location. On the other hand, please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the room availability and during breakfast. These concerns will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,040 reviews
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Address: 1701 North University Drive, Plantation, FL 33322
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, IHG, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation