Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Not a particular fan of this hotel. Rooms ok. They forgot to clean my room the 2nd night. I stayed for business. Breakfast really boring. too crowded. I think they need more tables. They could do better!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had business trip here and choose here because I am the priority club member.

Bad:
* Parking spaces are limited.
* Pancake machine is broken. According to previous review, it has been down for a while and there is no sign for them to replace one.
* Internet is really slow. I wouldn't stay here in future. It says high-speed but it barely opens any page at the peak time. The front desk said if too many people are using internet then the speed will be slow. But the truth is it wasn't working at all. The speed got better after 10pm.
* The sound proof is pretty bad. A lot of kids were talking and playing in the hall way and I can hear every single word.

Good:
*stuff is friendly.
*enough selection for breakfast.
*they put paper every morning.
*gym room opens 24 hours.
*good neighbor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in room 340 - one king bed. We were at the end of a hall and it was very quiet. We chose this hotel because 1) it was pet friendly and 2) close to attractions we wanted to see in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. The king bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean as well. The hot breakfast was a plus - pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. They also had oatmeal, pastries, fruit, hot tea, coffee, milk and juice available. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room but we felt this was a great value for a quick weekend get away. There were a lot of restaurants nearby as well. I travel with my small dog and will definitely consider staying here the next time I am in Fort Lauderdale/Miami. I like that it is close to Sawgrass Mills Outlets as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flgurl69
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have been staying for 3 days & have 2 days more to go...if it was up to me we would have moved to a different hotels by now. 1. They didn't have a king room available when we checked in (which is what we booked), so my husband & i have been sleeping in the 2 double beds :(. 2. Breakfast is a disaster! Busy all times of morning w/ "vultures" grabbing all they can carry. There are pictures of cinnamon rolls everywhere , but I have yet seen an actual one. The location is great & the grounds are nice for our small dog to take walks around; but I saw a Courtyard by Marriott that is right down the road that looks nicer!

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear HurleyJoy,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are delighted to know that you like our grounds as well as our location. On the other hand, please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the room availability and during breakfast. These concerns will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We spent a weekend there, and as soon as we entered the room it smelled like smoke we told the girl at the front desk if she could please move us and she said they didnt have any other rooms, while online it showed they did and when I called priority club they told me they had rooms as well. The front desk staff is very rude and do not tend to guests needs. First time I ever had a problem with a hotel. The hotel is next to a quality inn with bums, pimps, and junkies hanging around. Not a safe area for kids either.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Samantha h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Samantha h,

We appreciate all feedback from our valued guests especially from Priority Club members like you. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Excellent value for a clean and well staffed hotel. Hotel was clean with a great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spent a weekend there. The hotel was very nice. It was clean and the emploies were very friendly.There is alot to do there, the beach the malls and the restutants.I thought the breakfest was great. I wood recamend it to anyone looking for a nice place for a fair price.

Room Tip: We had a suite it was very nice.Very nice large TV,fridge and microwave. It was clean and well tende...