“Good Clean Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel has a lot of negative reviews and I could not figure out why. So I decided to check the hotel out before I paid and asked the front desk agent to view a room first. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. Its not a Hilton but it has a flat screen LCD TV, reliable fast internet, basic breakfast, clean rooms. The only downfall to this hotel is the breakfast. Breakfast could be a lot better. Its very basic. You cant beat the price and what you get for your money!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was a good hotel for a 3 day stay. The first room they gave us was a smoking room when we booked a non-smoking but the front desk was very accommodating and moved us immediately. Beware, there is only one elevator and it can take very long for it to arrive. No fridge or microwave in the room we had. the bathroom was clean too and it was very to Broward Mall and about 10-15 minutes away from sawgrass mall.

Room Tip: stay near the elevator ! Its a long walk if you are all the way down the hall
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

1.As we took time searching for a good place to stay close to outlets and family we made the decision and selected this hotel. With all respect to previous reviewers our experience was far from those reviews already posted.

2. Fairly good front desk skills upon checking in.

3. As soon we arrived to our room [even with a request for non smoking room] the tobacco smell was so strong and the humidity so high we could barely breath without difficulty. I went down to front desk, a room change was done and guess what, the assigned room had tobacco smell as well but less intense, so we decided to stay in the room. My wife got her asthma exacerbated afterwards.

3.The carpets were dirty and malodorous, with stains.

4.On one of my visits to the front desk the lady in front of me was complaining to the front desk clerk about cockroaches present on her room [disgusting].

5. The sofa bed was broken with a very poor quality mattress without bed clothing [not available at the room , I needed to go to the front desk again and asked for blankets.

6. I love pets but not to have them around the premises where are I am enjoying my breakfast.

7.Breakfast was ok, but limited.

8. Upon check out the only response about my complaints was " I apologize", and she said it should not happened again and wrote down a report.

9. We were lucky it was only one night reserved , NO WAY I will return back to this property again.

7  Thank THECABRERAS
Reviewed June 18, 2012

After much thought about where to stay in Plantation our family decide to stay in this LQ property…this for us was a first we usually stay on Marriott, Hilton etc… but we figure for one night what can go wrong…well a lot went wrong. I have never ever stayed on a property so run down like this hotel …from the minute we walk thru the door until we checked out. We arrived Saturday evening around 6pm passing thru the lobby we encounter a damp smell they assign to us rooms on the 4th floor on our way there we encounter dirty carpets, filthy elevator and the hall on the 4th floor didn’t have A/C it was like a sauna and the smell was unbearable. Inside the room was hot as well and the A/C was noisy and did not cool properly…the room was not properly clean it was stains of what seems to be blood in the carpet, dirty vents, dirty fridge, broken doors . Behind the night stand was hair and seems was not ever clean. My brother who was in other room having to be moved because his room a non smoking one had a bad cigarette smell. Amazingly the only highlight of this place was the bed but I was so concerned with bugs I didn’t have a good night sleep. The complimentary breakfast was another fiasco food was cold, not too many choices, dust all over the tables and dogs around the breakfast bar??? That’s disgusting period!! Overall this hotel is design for people who really don’t care about none of the points mentioned above and don’t want to spend a few extra dollars. For us we have learned our lesson and never ever again will stay on any LQ property again!!!

Room Tip: Do as much research you can before staying on this property!!!
3  Thank cabrerajay1
A TripAdvisor Member
Palm Coast, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful
Speedy check in and out
Clean rooms and spacious bathroom
Close to restaurants
Will definitely go back on my next trip

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good value for the money. Also a great location, close to the interstate and 15 minutes from the airport and beaches. Very customer oriented staff who seems to genuinely care (you can always tell when someone is being artificial or corporate). would definitely recommend this hotel without reservations for your basic value for the money deal. NB: This is not a resort. Some guests, when I stayed, seem to think it was.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stopped for the night on our way to Key West. We wanted somewhere to basically just crash that was relativly inexpensive. We also had a medium sized dog with us, and most hotels wanted to have a nonrefunable deposite for the animal, which to me is absolutly rediculous for a house trained animal. LaQuinta did not charge any fee, so I figured for one night we would stay. As it turns out we were impressed with this LaQuinta. The room was very spacious, and the staff very helpful. The girl at the check in even recommended a great resturant we went to. The bed was comfotable, and overall the hotel was quiet. The breakfast in the morning had several selections, and was pretty tasty for being complimentary. After the stay at this LaQuinta I would definatly look into them again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple