“outstanding hotel/incredible value”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
East Setauket, New York
“outstanding hotel/incredible value”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We came to Florida to look for a condo and stayed in this hotel for 11 days, using it as home base to look at real estate throughout South Florida. In short, it was truly a great place to stay. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. They could not have been more accommodating in every regard. The daily free breakfast is generous and includes eggs, cheese, toast, pastries, cereal, fresh fruit and breakfast meats. Incredibly enough, three times a week, they provide complimentary dinner (nothing fancy certainly, but nonetheless...) including wine and beer and soda! As a matter of fact, one evening they were having a barbecue and when we mentioned to the staff that we are vegetarian, they went out and got us veggie burgers! There were a couple of minor issues in our room, such as a leaky faucet, and they were both addressed quickly. Although Plantation is not a beach town, it is a great central location with easy access to restaurants, highways and local parks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mogulette4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days while she had to visit Nova. The location is probably the best in Plantation. Not to much to do in Plantation but a nice little area. The hotel was decently clean for a standard hotel. Service was very good, and housekeeping was prompt and very friendly. Hotel room size was pretty nice and it was cool having a little kitchen also, cooked a nice dinner in the room one night. (Whole Foods very close by ) only big complaint is that they only had queen size beds, no kings. weird...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danielxcha
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I had an early flight out of FLL the next morning so we stayed here. It is just a few blocks off of the interstate. There is a Macaroni Grille right in front of it that you can walk to and have dinner at. The front desk person was friendly. They had a nice market to purchase snacks from. You can't go wrong with an ice cream snickers bar! I left my phone in the room and the hotel quickly shipped it to me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingChristy
thompson,nd
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We got in late on a Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised by the large, spacious room with a kitchenette Nice bed with feather pillows also. Hot buffet breakfast in the morning. We would defiantly recommend this motel!.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kellygro
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for an annual soccer tournament held every December (Orange Classic) in the area. Although it is probably due to be upgraded, our room was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was firm and had no sags which made for a comfortable night sleep. Like most hotel rooms, keeping the temperature steady (without hot and cold spikes) was a challenge but I can usually run the fan full time to help alleviate it. Most hotels I've stayed in seem to have a problem regulating the temperature swings. We had no problems with noise from the hallways, rooms next door, or the elevator located right next to our room.

The complimentary breakfast was average but the hotel was well booked and the staff opened meeting rooms to handle the overflow. Kudos to a great staff. They were always extremely cheerful and helpful for any needs. We left our "Do Not Disturb" sign out most of the week. We're not messy and aren't usually crazy about anyone rambling around our room. The housekeeper caught me in the hall one day and asked to clean our room, I said we were fine and she ran and brought back clean towels. Our choice. I can't emphasize enough about the quality and friendliness of the staff.

I'll close with another staff kudo. My daughter left her birthday card from her mother and I in the room after we checked out. We were 5 hours up the road before she remembered and was very upset. I called the hotel (about 7PM) and they called me back in 30 minutes to let me know they had located the card and would FedEx it back to me. It would have been so easy for them to blow me off and say they couldn't find it.

I'd gladly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike_31216
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2011

No real issues, but the hotel is just ok.

With so many great options in Fort Lauderdale / Miami area I wouldn't stay here again.
We were in town to see a Miami Dolphins game, and this hotel was recommended to us. Apparently it's the nicest hotel that's close. Close is a relative term, as it's not all that 'close'.
We cabbed over $25 or so, but it was impossible to get a cab to bring us home! Finally after an hour or more we were in a cab heading back to the hotel.

The rooms are basic, and the pool area is ok.

We did have an amazing meal in the hotel restaurant, Rory was our server and he was also great!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed 2 nights before heading to Miami for a cruise. Had a wonderful stay. First of all, the front desk staff was awesome. We had a few minor problems initially and the customer service was excellent. When we checked into our room, it reeked of cigarette smoke (Marriott is a non-smoking hotel). I know it's not the hotel's fault if a previous guest breaks the rules, but we were disappointed that the room wasn't properly aired out or cleaned. Anyway... the front desk staff did what they could to resolve the problem.

This property is really nice with a pretty pool area and an adjacent sports court all situated in a courtyard area. This Residence Inn has the best breakfast ever! Plenty of seating, and tons of food choices. You won't go hungry here.

The location is good. Restaurants are within walking distance and there's also a Kohl's within walking distance behind the hotel. In addition, there are many well-known chain restaurants within a very short drive.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple