“Consistent stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Plant City, Florida
“Consistent stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Used the Hotel as a Pre-Cruise stay The Residence Inn provides all the comfort and convenience one can ask for

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Not one complaint, everything was perfect, great location and helpful staff.
Will be booking again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Bangalore
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Plantation had been my regular visit cities in Florida because of my client base. I have travelled to this location multiple times and found it to be getting better every time. This hotel property not on boasts of the best of business traveler’s facility but also had great customer service which is worth mentioning. The rooms in the hotel were nice and bigger and fresh. The room service ensured when I entered the room after the long day at office meetings, a fresh feeling. Though it had the same Breakfast menu as other Residence Inn, it had 24x7 juice, soda & coffee vending machines. More over the lady in the restaurant always ensured personal attention to all the guests in the morning. It had a good lobby for small business meetings and hosts most of the basic business facilities. The best part of this property was its staff, the front desk and the Manager at the hotel always welcomed us with a smile and ensured our needs were well taken care off. This property is properly situated, near the highway and some shopping mall nearby. So as far as approachability goes, it was really good for my stay.

• Liked — Rooms and customer service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We stayed here for a week over the Christmas holiday. The hotel was very nice - albeit quite crowded at breakfast if you went too close to the closing time. There were some soccer teams in town and the girls would descend all at the same time. The breakfast staff was quite overwhelmed some mornings, but she continued with her job with a smile.....all in all, a great place to stay with adequate gym facilities and nice pool area for relaxing as well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I have stayed at many hotels and this was among the worst experiences I have had. The front desk person who was working double shifts seemed to lack that typical Marriott customer service that I have come to expect.

We were there for an event and they ended up charging my card which of course is typical, but we had a company check. It was not until I checked that i discovered that it was not working. Still not sure why as there were funds, but I was supposed to get a message and never did.

The first morning, we went down for breakfast and they had virtually run out food. The girls who came close to close, did not get much food. That was also disappointing.

I did try and use their internet from the business center, but finally gave up as it was slower than dial up, not sure why though.

There were some bright spots though as much of the staff was very nice. They did get the meals figured out, but usually most Residence Inn's have their reeption Mon-Wed, and this one was Tue-Thurs, which was odd. The grills were very nice and the cleaning staff was top of the line.

We will go back again to this function, but next year will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank K T
Albany, Ga
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a very good hotel if you want to stay at before you take your cruise. Judy, was very helpful and she will go out of her way to help you. I had made plans for Pinnacle Transportation to take me to the port, Judy had advisor me that she would not recommend their service. She was right, I was told quoted price that changed on the pick up. I decided not to use Pinnacle service. Also, I was able to park my vehicle while I was on my cruise at no extra charge.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelsavingsforu
naples, fl
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had been here before and enjoyed it. Nice to be somewhere quiet that is also right off a main street with malls, restaurants and shops so close at hand.

This time we got in just after noon. It didn't surprise us that a room wasn't available, but rather than ask us to wait, the staff upgraded us to a two-bedroom suite so we could settle in immediately. It was a terrific stay. Wonderful beds, lots of room, great to have a kitchen. We couldn't have been happier.

By the way, anyone staying in this area should go to Mario the Baker's for great pizza and Italian food and to TooJays for delicious food of all kinds (soups, Jewish specialties, pastries, dinner, you name it!).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple