“excellent family hotel”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed July 9, 2013

good location and close to shopping and restaurants. We were a family of 4 and the 2 bedrooms with 2 baths were ideal. The breakfast was not to mariott standards. the hotel rooms map was not clear. The swimming pool was just ok and I would not let my kids use it. Great value for the money. I would use it again and recommend it for a family with kids but not for a business trip of 1 or 2 people.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms excellent for a family of 3+
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Joe S,
We are primarily a leisure hotel and we're very pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your stay! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and if you have any further concerns please feel free to email me at: ashleigh.rohr@whtielodging.com. We would love to do whatever it takes to improve your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Residence was not up to Marriott standards. Checking in late, the first room's a/c was broken. The second room had working a/c, but... the dishwasher was running. Hunh? @11:00 PM? I opened the dishwasher -- and it was empty. Oh, well, at least it's got air conditioning.
Then I went to bed. Ugh. The bed was... okay, I guess, but the pillows were lumpy and awful. Maybe that would be okay at a 29.99/night motel, but it's not Marriott quality.

The next morning, I wanted to call the front desk -- but both phones were broken. I had to walk to the front.

The staff were friendly and gave me a $25 discount, but that didn't make up for it.

I wouldn't stay here again if it were free.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank GlobalRoamer2003
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

GlobalRoamer2003,
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, and while our hotel is currently undergoing rennovations we will be sure to look into the problems you mentioned and fix them as soon as possible. Again I'm very sorry, and if you have any further concerns, feel free to email me at ashleigh.rohr@whitelodging.com.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Start your day with a great breakfast. Lots of variety and hot and cold items. Suites are lovely and can be had with 1 or 2 bedrooms and a sitting room and tv's in all rooms. Fridge and microwave and dish washer . Staff was friendly and efficient .

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it and are happy to hear that our facility met your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Plantation!
Best Regards,

Ashleigh Rohr

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My future son-in-law was graduating from Nova Southeastern University so his mother and I wanted to host a celebration for him. His mother rented the meeting room at the hotel and it was fantastic! The staff did everything they could to make the party wonderful. They brought out the tables and chairs, beverages, china and silverware, A-V equipment and let us borrow serving pieces from the kitchen! They went out of their way to make it a great weekend celebration for everyone involved! Thank you Hunter, Steve, Sammy and everyone else! You guys are great!

Room Tip: I was able to see three different rooms (we had a block of rooms rented) and they were all clean, we...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Tybeekarrie,
Congratulations! And thank you for your kind feedback, we're so happy to hear that we could help make your family's celebration a success! We take pride in making our guests have the best experience possible and we look forward to providing you with that same experience the next time you come to visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My son and I stayed here when attending my aunt's funeral. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was great. Not only was it roomy, there was space to sit and get some work done. The kitchen had an oven in addition to a stove, full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher. I have stayed in other Residence Inns and none of them had an oven. There were three televisions, one in each bedroom, and one in the living area. And there was a bathroom for each bedroom.

The pool was outdoor and was a nice size. It was heated and clean. Every morning a staff member straightened up, opened all the umbrellas and put towels on every lounge chair.

Breakfast was good, a nice selection of food, and the eggs were cooked well. I was not there during the week so I do not know how the manager's evening events were.

The location was fine, the hotel is kind of hidden by a Macaroni Grill if you don't know where it is. It was about 10-15 minutes from the airport. There is a mall right down the street and plenty of restaurants nearby.

This hotel had a very different layout than other Residence Inns, and you had to go outside to get from one area to another. I only found one elevator which surprised me, considering how spread out everything was, so I was glad I was on the first floor.

The room did not get cleaned until after 3PM. And the maid didn't appear to notice that at some point during the day the power went out because all of the clocks were flashing. I figured it wasn't our job to reset the clocks so we just used our cell phones for timekeeping and alarms.

There were a lot of bugs in the bathroom, but I am thinking that might just be a Florida thing?

Everyone was very nice, and the manager walked around at breakfast every morning to make sure everyone's stay was meeting their expectations. I would like to go back sometime when I can just relax and enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor would probably be nice because those rooms appeared to have windows that opened so you c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear 23wearytraveler23,
I'm very pleased to hear that although you weren't staying at our facility for pleasure, you still enjoyed your time here. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I do apologize for your clock not being reset, we will be sure to stay on top of this from now on. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip, and hope to make your stay just as enjoyable!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My niece and I absolutely loved this hotel. At the front desk, Samantha checked us in early, which was a pleasant departure from having to wait an hour or more for a clean room at most properties! She was amazing and remembered my name each time I saw her (A++++ for effort Samantha)!

Our room was a two-bedroom, two bath split plan and it felt just like home. Everything was spotless and in place, fully equipped for a little getaway for the girls.

The pool, proximity to shopping and the local planetarium/observatory were our main reasons for picking this location. We checked in and immediately suited up for the pool.

The pool was crowded and noisy with female preteens, which wasn't too bad for the first few hours. We went away shopping and went back late afternoon, and this time there were boys there with water guns and the horse play made it impossible to relax.

The kids were jumping in and out of the jacuzzi with their toys, and on the way in and out were wreaking some good abuse on the what-I-imagine-are-pretty-expensive handicap/accessible bathing aids installed on the deck between the pool and the jacuzzi. They should have either protective shields around them when they're not in use or some type of parental education to keep their kids from breaking this equipment. It would be a shame to have such a nice treat for a nonambulatory person not available when they want it.

Every time I started to doze off I was awakened by water gun squirts or splashes from the kids. Ah well. It's a holiday weekend, after all.

Except for the early morning sleep interruption I had from some adult male revelers, all was smooth for the sleep zone in the evening.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast. We went and looked, but it was a zoo-animal feeding frenzy so we decided to skip it and headed out for a more tranquil atmosphere.

I highly recommend the property, especially during the week for business travelers. If the kid concentration we experienced is the norm, I highly recommend raising the rates to cover all the havoc they wreak on the property ;-)

Room Tip: Away from the noisy pool if you don't have kids and don't want to join in the revelry!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Ms.Miler,
Thank you so much for your feedback, we're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We're sorry that some of our other guests disrupted parts of your stay, in the future feel free to let us know and we will do our best to take care of it! We look forward to seeing you on your next girls trip to Ft. Lauderdale!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

spent one night here in mid April before departing from FLL. Front desk was curteous and helpful. Property is about 15 mins drive to car rental return at airport. One bedroom suite was convenient enough for our family of 4. Kids were a little cramped on sofabed however we were on a quick stopover. Located close to large shopping complex and many dining options. Pool and hot tub were clean, warm, and courtyard area was well maintained. Cannot comment on free breakfast as we checked out early. I would echo some of the previous comments with respect to the interior decor. We found the rooms and hallways to be dark and we did notice a strong deordorizer/carpet cleaning solution smell to the interior of the buildings. Overall we were satisfied and would return again for a short airport stopover.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
We're pleased to hear that although your stay with us was short, it was still comfortable. We appreciate your feedback, and as far the carpet odor goes, know that we are making improvements! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!