“Great Pre-Cruise Stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Pflugerville, Texas
“Great Pre-Cruise Stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to leaving on a cruise. The location is about 10 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale airport and very easy to find. There are lots of shopping options and places to eat nearby.

The property was in good shape, part of the lobby was still under construction on December 8. Our room was clean and quiet and all of the staff was very friendly. The included breakfast was very good as well. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my husband and sister and friend here before a cruise. I did my research before hand and was able to use my Marriott points for the stay. We checked in and at first were given a room that was already occupied but at the right moment a nice young man on staff bringing towels up came up and called the front desk on his radio for us. We had to go back to the lobby to get new new keys but the new room was a bit of a upgrade. We were booked for a suite with a sofa bed but the new room had two proper beds and full kitchen. A few minutes after we got in we got a phone call checking on us! The staff was great and very helpful.
Breakfast in the lobby was quite good but we got there a bit late and there wasn't much fruit left but otherwise there were lots of eggs and bacon and French toast and cereal and it was all excellent.
The renovations in the lobby didn't impact us at all and was barely noticeable actually. The room was nice, the tile in the bathroom looked new and the room was comfortable. The AC in the room was loud and I woke up when it kicked on but it didn't stay on long and it did the trick to keep it cool.
I would definitely recommend staying here. We took a cab to the Sawgrass Mills Mall about 20 min away for dinner and shopping and we walked to Walgreens across the street.
I can't say enough how friendly the staff was. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again for sure.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tbrider28
Lafayette, Tennessee
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed one night on Dec 1, 2012. The lobby was under renovation. Not sure if this was the reason, but the front desk attendant had me pull a scratch-off card from a bowl that awarded me an additional 250 Marriott Rewards points. Later in the afternoon, a gentleman delivered a plate full of cookies to my room with a note that informed me I was the Guest of the Day, awarding me an addtional 500 Marriott Rewards points! The room was clean and adequate for my overnight stay. I'll definitely be staying here when in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Barbados
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked a two bedroom (room 309) for the family (2 adults, 2 children) - fantastic rate of USD150.00 per night. Was a bit concerned about the reviews saying there was construction on site. Did email Marriotts and they confirmed the construction and suggested that I contact the hotel directly if I had further concerns - I did not do that but did check on other hotels nearby in case we arrived there and it was not suitable. Arrived from a late flight and check in was seamless, friendly and welcoming, acknowledged that I was a Marriotts reward member. Arrived to a clean and fresh room, everything as advertised online.
Day 1 - no construction noise and went to breakfast. All staff greeted us and made us very welcome. Breakfast was perfectly adequate and included scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, selection of cereals, pastries and breads, coffee, tea, juices. This was included in the room rate for 4 persons.
Three evenings a week management puts on a drinks and eats evening for a couple of hours - wine, beer and a canape is available at reception - although we did not partake we did observe the offerings and again part of the room rate.
We also observed free popcorn served at reception when we returned from shopping. 24/7 they also offer fresh brewed coffee, tea and iced water infused with lemon.
Each day was the same - great breakfast, friendly staff. The day before last we went to breakfast and we were greeted with the staff in hard hats as they had boarded up the breakfast area and they were directing us to where breakfast was being served. Although it was a bit congested it was all perfectly fine and the what was amazing was that the hoarding was put up with no inconvenience to guests.
Housekeeping was great - kept our room clean, tidy and fresh! Paul Mitchell products - my daughters were impressed!
On our last evening our room card key stopped working - went to reception and they apologized and sorted it out in seconds!
Everyone we came into contact with including pool cleaning staff etc were super efficient and friendly.
This is perfect for families - we will definitely be returning. This is one place that really does offer value for money and the staff are exceptional. Just excellent!

Room Tip: Stayed in 309 which was two bedroom had access to the car park which was great when returning from t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite while in Ft Lauderdale for a wedding. However, this hotel is under construction for a much needed remodel. You would think that the staff would make sure you are staying away from the construction so that you are not awakened every morning of your vacation by hammering in the room right above yours. The first morning (Friday) we were annoyed but went on with our day. The part that got really annoying was Saturday and Sunday when the construction noises started early in the morning while we were trying to sleep in. I think once the construction is done this will be a great place to stay but while under construction make sure your room is far away from it. There is only one elevator and the stairways were blocked with construction tape as well!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
julieaston, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear JandJ4
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We finally started our much needed remodel in August and although we are excited about its completion, we regret the inconvenience to our guests in the meantime. We tried to schedule it when we were the slowest and tried to keep the buildings separate. I am sorry this impacted your stay and your expectations of a Marriott experience were not met. I would love for you to experience the hotel at its best and when the renovation is complete. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to make arrangements for your next visit.
Julie Aston
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wonderful restaurants nearby and courtesy van will take you to them or to shopping mall within 2 miles for free.

Van to hotel is same as getting a cab bu driver waited patiently for our family members late plane.

Breakfast nothing to brag about but filling.

2 bedroom suite much better than 2 rooms when traveling with family and less expensive. Hotel is undergoing renovation so possibly rates will rise but we plan to return to this location for our next pre-cruise stay in the area

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As everyone said the staff here is outstanding. We shared a two room suite. It was comfortable and a great price. It was Labor Day weekend so the price went up a little on Saturday. We had a hot breakfast every morning and Monday through Thursday they provide a manager's reception with a hot buffet and wine and beer.

As I said the staff was great, very helpful. I would definitely go back there. Also they had a complimentary shuttle service within two miles of the hotel. We also used the shuttle service to and from the airport. It was $35.00. The owner, Jack, is very nice.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor by the tennis court. It was quiet and nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple