“Not worth my money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Winter Haven, Florida
“Not worth my money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and my last. My family and I visited the area for the beach and casino. When we checked in the a/c didn't work in the lobby. It was hot enough to bake a pie. The staff was very nice and the areas inside and outside we're very well kept. We had a 2 bed room and when I walked into the room, all I could say was "where is the rest of the room?" the rooms are so small and the only had queen size beds. Come om! What hotel still offers only queen size beds? My closet is bigger than the bed rooms. In the room where my parents slept, they couldn't open the bottom drawer to the dresser because it would hit the bottom of the bed. My father had to crawl across my mom because he wouldn't fit between the bed and the dresser. The door nob even came off the door. They did have a fire place, but don't get your hopes up. It doesn't work. It says so on the broken label. Then the kitchen looked like a blind person decorated it. The stove was 1980ish and the eyes on the stove wouldn't lay down. The fridge and stove were white and the microwave and dishwasher were black. Then there was this contraption under the sink. I have no idea what it was. It looked like someone just put up a piece of wood. The breakfast wasn't enjoyable either. I don't think we will ever stay here again. The staff was great, but the rooms arn't.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
julieaston, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Jfoxxluv1999
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry our facilities were not up to your expectations and would like to review some of your dissatisfactions. The mismatching of the appliances are a result of gradual replacement of broken units over time and changing standards. This issue will gradually be resolved during our refresh this month and beyond. Unfortunately the fireplaces, although a nice feature, are not functional as the City of Plantation prohibits it. We are removing the one in the lobby during the refresh to stop the confusion but the ones in the rooms may not be removed until the next renovation. I am glad that you were able to experience our staff as they really are our top asset. I hope you will return after the refresh to let us know what you think of it. We are so excited here at the hotel to finally have it underway in a few weeks.
Julie Aston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

First time staying here and last. I was laying on the bed taking a nap while the kids watched tv. My 11 yr old said "Mommy, there's a bug crawling on the pillow!" I look up and there it was. I have only read about bed bugs, but have never seen one before, except for online. So I knew that if I smushed him and a ton of blood came out, we were in trouble. Bingo! A ton of Blood! I was SOOO upset! I called front desk, packed up, checked out and we went to a totally different hotel. Needles to say, I am currently washing clothes in HOT water and vaccuming/spraying suitcases as we speak! Thanks alot Residence Inn for making us another statistic!!! *pissed*

Oh, this happend Thursday July 26th . . .

Room Tip: 322 had bed bugs. Hotel has a musty/mildewy odor
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kedlyle
julieaston, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear kedlyle
I wish to offer my sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience. The room has been thoroughly sanitized and all other rooms checked and found to be bug free. Thorough training on inspection has been completed and is our policy. Again I am sorry that this time we could not meet or exceed your expectations of a Marriott.
Decatur, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I haven't had to travel for business in quite awhile. I had numerous questions before I arrived, and then I got lost going to the hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendlier. They addressed me by name and made me feel so welcome. Not to mention the food! You'll never go hungry at a Residence Inn. What a cool place. I had a great stay and would wholeheartedly recommend this Residence Inn to others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor near the pool are recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I came back for a second time. Rooms are good for 3 adults. Excellent breakfast and close to a Westfield Shopping Mall. On the 4th of July they had complimentary hot dogs and hamburgers for the guests.

They have a mini market on the lobby with milk, cereal, bread and candy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
julieaston, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Euroviking
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to celebrate July 4th with us and enjoyed the festivities we had at the hotel. We try and have fun with our guests on as many holidays as possible. We look forward to seeing you again
Leiden, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Staff very helpful. Good breakfast. Close to I595. Printing a document? no problem, printer available. Best value for an affordable price

Room Tip: Pick a room not that close to the building entrance as the main door is quite noisy when it closes
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rooms and property were dated a little, but overall great amenities and experience. Room was clean and comfortable, hotel had guest laundry ($2.00 to wash/dry), free WiFi quick and adequate, no complaints with breakfast or managers reception food variety and quality, exercise room small but adequate, and property had pool (small but never crowded and was clean), tennis and basketball courts (front desk has free equipment). Decent location near restaurants, mall, and interstates.Kitchen amenities and supplies decent as well and staff helpful and friendly. No real complaints, would stay again!

Room Tip: This hotel has detached buildings so recommendation would be to request room closest to lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Skmoore4
julieaston, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Skmoore4
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn. I am glad we could provide everything you needed and to your satisfaction. We will be updated this year and I hope you will be impressed with the new look.
D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were very pleased with the accomodations and service of this conveniently located hotel. I have stayed in other hotels in this area while visiting relatives and this place is by far superior to all the others. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious and immaculate, the only negative being a loud noise everytime the AC came on. All of the employees I came into contact with were pleasant and very helpful. The best was the breakfast! We were there for 3 days and had something different and tasty everyday, from eggs, to oatmeal, fresh fruit and make it yourself waffles. The equipment at the gym was very good quality and the pool area was fine for the most part, but might benefit from an upgrade in the future. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear majasma
Thank you for posting feedback from your recent stay. I am so glad you chose to stay with us this visit and that you class us as superior to the surrounding options. I am also glad you were able to experience and enjoy all of our amenities from breakfast to our hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area