“AMAZING ROOM AMAZING VALUE. Boardroom Suite for under $100”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I went for a work related conference and the room was amazing. I had a boardroom in my suite. This room could have cost 700 bucks but all it cost was 92.
You have to be insane to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We live down in the Florida Keys and travel up to the Miami area often to shop. I always book through priceline and his was the best yet. It was in a great location for shopping and dining. The front desk people were very friendly and very helpful with directions. Our room was very spacious and clean. It had a tv in the bedroom and living room area. The fridge was nice and cold and we were able to put our stuff right in. We enjoyed the bar area and took our drinks outside and enjoyed the fountain area. The pool area is very nice on the roof top. I work in the hotel industry and very picky about my rooms when we stay anywhere. I was very pleased with everything and would not think twice to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank gapeach1970
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Second time at this hotel. Generally pleasing. Disappointed that the housekeeping staff tossed my clothing that was on the bed onto the floor. They also did not neaten items such as magazines etc on tables and bedside tables.

Will be syaing there wekend of September 10 so there must be a reason that I am going back in spite of the negatives.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Sheraton Suites is obviously a hotel that was previously a high end conference hotel. While still nice, it's obvious that this hotel has "fallen" due to time, it's location, the economy, or other reasons.

The good: location is actually pretty good. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Sawgrass Mills and Port Everglades. The interior of the hotel is well kept, the staff helpful, and the rooms spacious. Everything was clean and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The living room portion of the suite had a nice size flat screen tv, but the bedroom only had an old tube television. There is a covered parking garage which enables you to get to/from your car without getting wet - a big plus in South Florida. The hotel was *extremely* quiet. The lobby and first level common areas were elegant and the courtyard was beautifully lit at night.

The bad: the exterior of the hotel has really fallen on bad times. The adjoining conference buildings look vacant, with boarded windows and graffiti. The hallways and some of the furniture/walls in the room showed signs of wear. The view from our bedroom window showed an empty pond that this part of the hotel with large marble tiles, some of which had previously fallen and shattered. You can get wired internet in the room, for a charge. There is no wireless internet in the rooms. There is however free wireless and several free desktops set up in the lobby. There was no free breakfast (possibly because I didn't book through Sheraton?). At checkout I had to request a copy of my receipt since I booked through another provider.

I was slightly disappointed because I was expecting more given tripadvisor's high ranking. However, I'd have no problem staying there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MPMG8r
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed here for business and while I don't normally only review hotels I vacation at, I feel compelled to let people know that this hotel is in the middle of what appears to be an abandoned mall. For a block in each direction there are empty boarded up buildings and parking lots. The rooms are nice, the people working there nice just very, very strange location. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SWTTRAVELS
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stay at this hotel when ever I get to this area of south Florida. Love the service and the staff. Everyone remembers you and the rooms are super comfy!
If you eat in the restaurant try the beef and blue appetizer! Steak to your liking, blue cheese, tomatoes and red onions. Sort of like Brucetta but better. I make a meal out of it for just me! YUM!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was there for 3 week days. First the good:

1. Excellent Service. From the reception, to those serving in the restaurant, to housekeeping every single person seems to make it their goal to provide for the comfort of their guests. Those that especially come to mind are Marie Jackson at the reception and Jose at the Cilantro for breakfast.

2. Rooms were clean, in good condition and overall spacious and pleasant. I had one issue with the room where the a/c failed, but once I brought it to management, they were expedient enough in moving me to another room at my say so (again excellent service). Lobby, common areas were very clean and well kept.

The bad:
1. The internet connection left much to be desired especially at night when I had to work. It seems to be based out of somewhere in Kansas and the speeds seemed a little too slow. This was however a small blip in an otherwise extremely enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!