“Customer service at its worst!”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time staying at this this sheraton suites in plantation fl and I checked out on 13th Dec I had to wait literally 30 to 45 minutes to check.it is true that hotel is old and bunch of hackle and jackle working there. I asked front desk to call for taxi to take me to airport for 6:45 and I can see taxi outside and hotel front desk clerk is stopping me with stupid excuse that it is not my taxi and it should be here soon with some taxi they always use she said and 45 minutes later I ended up asking the cabbie if he is available and left the hotel. I almost missed my flight .rude front desk clerk like she is doing me a favor by doing her job.it was my first and last time for sheraton.stay away from this guys.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lohan12

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I are now 3 nights into a 4 night stay at the Sheraton Suites Plantation. The customer service at this hotel is amazing! The hotel manager, Sonny, made us feel so welcome right off the bat. All of the front desk staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

The lobby is very nice in the hotel - very modern and welcoming. The hotel also has great food that is very reasonably priced, especially for a hotel. The rooms are also quite nice and found them to be very clean - they are huge and very comfortable for an extended stay. This hotel will be our first choice when we return to the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were a little worried when pulling up at the hotel - it's attached to a long closed shopping center. Once you get inside, though, you'd never know. The front desk folks were super nice, the lobby was hopping with guests, people were coming in/out. The room size is great, though the couch had seen better days and was a little faded. We went to the bar one night and waited for over 10 minutes for the bartender to come back from wherever she was. I'm pretty sure she was on a super long smoking break while 4-5 of us waited for drinks. Overall, though, we had a great couple days before a cruise and would highly recommend the hotel. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Yes, it is true that this hotel is old and showing its age, and the attached mall has been closed for about 9 years; but the service and amenities make up for all of this. The room had a great very large spa jacuzzi tub, and the roof top pool was nice and quite, although showing its age. Platinum members are also treated to a free breakfast in the hotels restaurant.

Room Tip: Unlike many hotels, this hotel has two-bedroom suites that are perfect for families.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff at the hotel were lovely and accommodating, and the All Suite rooms were spacious. The room furniture was somewhat lacking in drawer space -- only one very small chest in the bedroom. The restaurant/lounge was very reasonably priced (especially for a hotel) and the food at dinner was delicious. The breakfast buffet, however, left a lot to be desired. (Stale muffins and cold/runny scrambled eggs) The biggest flaw of this hotel is its general housekeeping. The beds had clumps and clumps of oversized dust bunnies underneath, and the window sills looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. It was pretty clear that the housekeeping staff does a de-minimus cleaning prior to guest arrival. That said, I'd give a qualified recommendation for this hotel to people who don't mind doing a little nagging and micromanaging of the housekeeping staff before checking in. Would also recommend ditching the breakfast option and heading around the corner to some of the local nearby dining spots.

Room Tip: Be sure to check room before settling in to make sure housekeeping has done a thorough job!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucy1201
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton Suites Plantation several times pre or post cruise. It's a very nice hotel with wonderful rooms. We have had rooms facing the interior courtyard and the front - both are good. Each room has a large bathroom with double sinks separate from the shower/toilet area and large closet; bedroom with TV; and livingroom with sleeper sofa, wing chair, TV, desk and mini-bar area with fridge and pod coffee maker. It is quite and beds are comfortable. Rooms and common areas seem clean and well maintained. There is a pool, hot tub and fitness center on the roof (I haven't used any of these, so can't comment on them). There is free Wi-fi and a complementary small bottle of water in the room. Staff is generally friendly and accomodating.

We always choose this Sheraton because it's a category 2 for SPG points - one of the cheapest options. The location is great too. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The only downside is that it's attached to an old, abandoned mall, which is a little creepy. We have never had any problems though. This is also probably why this hotel is a lower category even though it is very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard might be a bit quieter than those facing the parking lot. Some r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review pdxcanby. We are so happy to hear about not only your last stay with us, but your Starwood loyalty and to our property. Even with being attached to the mall, once you're inside you forget that the mall is there. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next cruise, and feel free to call us prior to your arrival so we can pre-block you in a room facing the courtyard.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Poor service. I enquired if they have shuttle pick up from the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal by email three weeks before. Then on the date I finished my cruise trip, I phoned the hotel and left a message for them to call back. Nobody called me back. After half hour, I called their 1800 number, and the operator told me that this hotel does not have shuttle pick up. So I took a taxi to the hotel, and I saw their shuttle bus parks just outside the lobby. On their advertisement, it says they have free shuttle going to Sawgrass Mall. So after check in, and asked the front desk about the free shuttle. I was told to talk to the bellman. Talked to the one of the bellmen and he told me to ask the front desk. Then after run around for another half an hour, the driver said he just went to Sawgrass, and convince us not to go there as there will be lot of people. We ended up going to an ready mall with another guest. On the way I asked what time there will be a shuttle going to Sawgrass. The answer was 10 in the morning. So we got up the next day and waited for the shuttle before 10am. No shuttle after 10, so I asked the front desk, and I was told the shuttle is 11 am. The poor service did not end up there. I was phoned by the front desk that I will be picked up at around 5:30pm. After a number of phone calls (long distant cell phone charges) we were picked one hour later.

Right after these 2 days in Plantation, we are staying in another Sheraton hotel in Toronto (4 Point) for 4 nights, and have no issue with this one.

For Sheraton Suites Plantation, I have to concur the previous reviewer's remark that the best I can give is a 3-star hotel. But on the bright side, they can improve if they can somehow improve their performance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruby5187
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!