“Most uncooperative management staff I have ever experienced.”

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
New Jersey
“Most uncooperative management staff I have ever experienced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

Most uncooperative management staff I have ever experienced. 1. When we left the hotel (about 5 miles away) my son realized he left his charger in the wall. We turned around to get it. My son, age 20, went to the front desk. They would not let him go back to the room to get it. So my husband went in and they still would not let him or my husband or even their own employee get it. We knew exactly which socket it was pluged in. They said that the cleaning lady already gave it to us (she had earlier given us a different one and we told them that) They just continued to refuse. It cost us $35.00 to replace.
2. When I first walked in (we stayed 4 nights) I knew I would need a slightly late check-out at about 1:30 pm to give us time to go to Church after our last game. We have stayed their before and knew that it is not a problem as long as we ask early. They said they could not, except for an added $60.00 charge. When I explained that it has been a customary curtesy, they then said that they do, but I would have to ask the day of departure (I had the manager put it on my record that I asked upon arrival knowing that they will only allow a certain number to request a delayed check-out.) I again asked the night before our last day at 10 pm, (The girl said I had to call the next morning also, but advised to call very early (she was the only pleasant front desk person I had met.) I asked for a wake up call at 5 am. At 5 am, I called the front desk and asked for the delayed 1:30pm check-out. He said no problem. He would take care of it. After Mass our keys did not work. I went to the front desk. They said they had no record of my call that morning and they had charged us the extra $60.00. After explaining everything to him, he then fond that comment I requested upon my arrival, he said he would take the charge off, but instead of accepting that they had made an error, he acted like I was the one that had made the mistake but he would cover it THIS time. Since he said he was taking the charge off and gave me a key to get in our room, I just left, but felt very mistreated. I will have to check my charge card bill to make sure they took the charge off. 3. Another girl on the team the day before also had an even more horrific incident. The 18U girls softball team had finished their games for the evening. A mom from the team, dropped her 17 year old daugher off so she could take a shower and relax, while her mom went to return something to a store. Her key did not work so she went to the front desk. They would not fix her key or let her in the room without her mother or ID.(remember the girl is 17 and was old enouph to have been at the hotel without her mother at all. They said they needed proof that it was her room. She said that all her ID was in her room. Several other parents were also there to vouch for her, yet they continued to refuse. She even had her name on the back of her uniform. She tried to call her mother but could not reach her. She called her father, whom had not come on the trip and they said his name was not on the charge card that the room was reserved with so they would hot accept anything he would tell them either. She even said that they could watch her get her while she got her ID. They never let her in. Our organization has stayed there many times. Three teams, 3 times in just one season alone. This in no way any customer should be treated. We are a quiet group. I am sure you can look up the NJ Breakers, and find no complaints or incidents. I can truly say that it is my worst experience of customer service at any hotel I have ever been to by far.

Stayed July 2008
3 Thank luv2travel1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Czech first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!