“Suites were sweet !!”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Didn't expect the room to be the size it was. Enjoyed my stay and will recommend to all who ask. Great location, the atrium is awesome. We held an all-day conference here and accomodations were awesome. Loved the Starbucks coffee and teas in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your review Annette W. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you go to experience the entire property. As we move into the cooler months in South Florida, the atrium is the best place to sit and relax. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for four nights at the end of September for a family get-together. We were impressed with the size of the room - nice sitting area, sofa, chair, desk. The room was equipped with refrigerator, microwave and keurig style coffee maker. The king sized bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate.
The hotel was packed - lots of wedding groups and golfers for the weekend.
Having the roof top swimming pool was a bonus, especially this time of year when you never know when it might rain. On the same floor is a fairly well equipped gym.
There is fruit flavored water available in the lobby as well as a daily USA Today (nice touch)
I think the room had a good rate but not really sure because it was part of a bundled vacation through Southwest Airlines.
The only negative was the late room make up service. Two of the four days the room wasn't made up until 3pm. On the plus side, the staff was happy to provide us with extra towels and coffee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bronxgirl3450
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is huge and it makes you think it's a deserted place. Overall conditions of the hotel is clean and up to date. Can't beat the price. Customer service is really good. I received 2 drinks vouchers. I would come back here and recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I will again be staying at the wonderfull hotel on my birthday, 12/09/13 after a 15 night Transatlantic cruise. I love the roof top pool and hot tub. Also love they have Starbucks coffee in the room. I cant wait to get back to this hotel.
Will do a full review after my stay.
Norma

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in September 2013 in this hotel, that is just owned by Sheraton, but operatded by a private operator.
This hotel is pretty nice, but :

The last day, I checked out, i had no charge to pay, and it was confirmed by the staff at the reception.
A few days later, i noticed that 18 dollars had been charged on my credit card.
It's simply unacceptable.
I spent 2 hours with the customer service ( phone ), they finally accepted to give me my money back , and recognized there was a problem.
I told them, that they should give me points on my Starwood card for the inconvenience.
Answer was : NO, sorry.

Is it a normal way to take care of customers?
there is no consideration.
so please, be careful when checking out in this hotel, as some other comments on tripadvisor notice this problem with this specific hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sheraton Suites is a solid choice in the Fort Lauderdale/Plantation area, one that I would definitely return to. The rooms are one of the definite strong points - very nicely furnished, comfortable, well laid out, and functional. I made good use of the wet bar area complete with mini-fridge, microwave, and complimentary water and starbucks coffee. The bed was very comfortable, and the free wi-fi was appreciated, too. I would recommend asking for the street facing view to get more light and scenery – the room I was in had a view of the abandoned mall next door.

The gym was clean and bright, and the roof top pool looked great, but bad weather prevented me from getting to use it.

The price and location were other bonuses. The Westfield mall is in walking distance, and a Walgreens and a Macaroni Grill are even more nearby.

The only downer for me was the confusion regarding the shuttle service. I love that they offer free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius as well as to Sawgrass Mills shopping center, but what I did not love was the "when available" factor. It was kind of a let down that most of the times we wanted to go anywhere the shuttle was not available. When I called before booking to ask about airport shuttle service, I was told that they offer return shuttle trips to the airport, but when we checked out, the shuttle was not available for us then either, despite inquiring a good 6 hours in advance. I would love it if they could just set a few designated shuttle times and destinations a day that could be relied on. Otherwise it's a bit more of a hassle than a perk. With that said, I'd definitely recommend Sam who was the "go-to" taxi driver when the shuttle was not available - he was great!

Overall I had a great stay at Sheraton and would recommend it - especially for the rooms and the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hazines_World
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the suites are beautiful and spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot wait to stay again. The suite blew my breath away. The room was very clean, inviting and spacious. The actual bed is in a room by itself and the sofa is also a pull out bed. Suite is definitely family friendly.

Room Tip: The suites can hold four persons comfortably.