“Superb Chinese great sushi fast! Getting better instead of worse!”

Dragon Gourmet Buffet
Ranked #27 of 237 Restaurants in Plantation
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Dragon Gourmet Buffet has been a conerstone in the community for many years by consistently offering palatable food, excellent service, best sanitary condition, and affordable prices. Recently, it significantly outperformed their conterparts and was honored the "top 10 Chinese/ Asian Fusion" award. By sourcing the freshest and highest quality of ingredients to create innovative dishes and modern interpretations of classics combinations, the property always has something unique to delight patrons' imagination. "Be attentive to details" is the principle that Dragon Gourmet Buffet adhers to and each staff is dedicated in their pursuit of excellence. Staff personally cater to every customer's requests and prepare each dish according to their preference. In addition, the establishment takes much pride on providing excellent sanitary conditions, ensuring patrons with a tidy and clean environment.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Superb Chinese great sushi fast! Getting better instead of worse!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For me the perfect mix of Dim Sum, assorted Cantonese, Mongolian and Japanese! Great quality cheap prices.

1 Thank Benjamin49

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Norcross, Georgia
“Mom's Birthday dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My mom really enjoys Chinese.seafood buffets. This was the first time that I had eaten at this location but heard some really good things about the food. We arrived with a party of 12 and the wait time was very minimal, we were not all able to sit at the same table but in the same area within in talking distance. The waitress was not very friendly nor helpful. The food was good, hot and freshly prepared. My sister enjoyed the sushi bar and my mom and other siblings enjoyed the fried crabs, there was more than enough food for the children to enjoy. I would have to say this was a successful dinner for my mom.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Anyiah J
Simon W, Manager at Dragon Gourmet Buffet, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Anyiah, I'm glad to hear that your mom enjoyed herself here for her birthday. We also understand that we need to work on improving our server's service. I would like to thank you for taking your time to give us and all the travelers out there your valuable feedback.
Naples, Florida
““Classic example of a terrible restaurant””
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was one of my worst experience ever; the food was nasty, the service was just terrible, and the price was way too high for what we ate....

• Visited November 2012
Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
“The Name has changed, but the food is still good”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This restaurant changed its name to Dragon Gourmet Buffet and the food is even better. You know that you have found something good when buses of Asian tourists come here for Dim Sum. Really one of the best Dim Sum locations in this area. Also serve Japanese sushi and many American dishes for those that do not want to experiment. If you like Dim Sum, do not miss this.

• Visited September 2012
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Very Nice Buffet”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was in need of Hibatchi and some fresh sushi/tuna to bolster my protein. I thought I would give this place a try based on some other reviews.

Upon entering, I noticed that this place draws a very large Asian clientele. That should be a good sign!

They have the run of the mill Chinese buffet items from General Tsos to egg rolls and fried fish. The draw for the Asian group was clearly the Dim Sum/Dumpling assortment and the sushi. I went for the Hibatchi which is not like most. You point out what you want on your plate and they do it for you. It is a slow process and they cook just one order at a time. He was a little reluctant to do mine without butter or oil but eventually went with just water for me. It was pretty tasty but he went too light on the veggies of which the available assortment was limited to begin with.

I had some VERY VERY tasty raw tuna - both white and red. High grade without a doubt.

I allowed myself a few unheathy tastes, all of which were pretty tasty including the fried calamari and the coconut scallops.

I travel to the area frequently and feel this place is a pretty decent deal with good food. I think the sushi and hibatchi are Shinju are a step above for certain. This place is definitely clean though which for buffets is a MUST. Do try this place. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

• Visited September 2012