“Flop Hotel,Part Two” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Flop Hotel,Part Two”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

When I wrote my first review of this so-called hotel .I was mad with myself for having ever spent some days there I wanted to get something off ,so I never finished my review. I stand by what I wrote before and sorry for the spelling and grammar. Do not think this as a hotel think of it as a condo (small ones ) and with the government picking up the tab for most of them to house people .I understand that the state? county? town? has to place the ones on the lower rung of our fair people .But do not call it a hotel to house the weary traveler . There is NO ice machine and that's a good thing knowing what a roach proplem they have and they know it. Not even a soda machine .Bring your own towels and bed linen,remember no maid service.Carry a gun ,you may need it.

Room Tip: This place is not a hotel but a FLOP HOUSE
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night so that we could catch an early flight the next morning. This place is disgusting. There was mold in the shower, there were dead bugs behind the bathroom door, the carpet felt damp and sticky, and the A/C had to be turned down to 66 so that it would cool the whole room and not just half of it. We will never ever stay here again and recommend that it be avoided at all costs!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mrs_Burton32809
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am puzzled how the Choice Hotel management hasn't visited this location, as this location is not upto their standards. Shower loaded with mold, peeling wallpaper, very unfriendly front desk staff both on checkin and checkout.
This was the first time staying at this location, and will be my last.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ron B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Room was filthy! The carpet was incredibly dirty - bad stains over all! The ceiling was peeling! Old and not kept up at all!! We couldn't wait to get out of there! We were so surprised that the Choice Family of Hotels would keep this hotel. It is certainly an embarrassment to the rest of the hotels in their family!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brenda L
Plantation, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I tried hard to convince myself that this place was not that bad, but its just plin cheap and nasty. The first thing i noticed was the old mildew smell mixed with a scent of urine. The floors have large black burn marks on them. I was so disgusted that I spent most of my time avoiding my feet from touching the floor. We reserved a rollaway cart when we reserved the room, so we called the front office which said that they did not have any. They said they would talk to a manager and call us back. After waiting for at least an hour, i called to which they told me they couldn't do anything about it. We had to buy an airbed just be sure that one of us had something to sleep on. Don't get me started on the looks of the room. There is tremendous water damage, a wall which is so waterlogged its caving in at the bottom, and a large gap between the floor and the door. Did i mention that this is an outside hotel? There was a prty going on until the wee hours of the morning, but we could hear the music in our room. Very little sleep.We ran out of kleenex which was never replenished by the housekeeper, the shower was just plain old and nasty, and the hot water just trickles out of the shower faucet. One of the towels we got was stained with black marks already on it. They told us that we could rent a mini fridge and microwave so we asked them to rent one...they said they didn't have any. Why offer then? The desk service was dry and unwelcoming. I cannot believe that this place is not shut down and condemned. We will never ever come back and will warn anyone who considers. Its worth it to
spend a little extra and feel comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: There is no way to choose a good room because this hotel is gross and should be torn down.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sad17
Blackpool Lancs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here on a trip around Florida we booked 1 night and we would have been better staying in the car park.They could not find the booking even when I gave them the reference number after a long wait they finally found it or so they said.The room was dirty the carpet was stained as was a lampshade the bathroom had paper peeling from the wall and dirty rust coming from the toilet.There was black mould around the tiles and around the bath, the sink waste pipe was fitted with what looked like blue tac there were gaps in the tiling and the door to the bathroom looked as if it was rotting at the bottom and the shower curtain was also marked with human waste. When we asked to see the manager or house keeping supervisor they sent a maintenance man.After finally complaining to the manager we were given a full refund and that was the only good thing about this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mr Badguy
Stevensville, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

CHECKED in with MR NO PERSONALITY. Wall paper falling off wall in bathroom. Paint falling off ceiling. Carpet filth. GOOD BED. GOOD BREAKFAST. This place could be a GARDEN OF EDAN if they LANDSCAPED, bought some CLEANING SUPPLIES and found someone that knew how to use them. If you're looking for a clean, well maintained place to stay, KEEP LOOKING. The fellow who helped with TOWELS AND BUGS, was GREAT.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TESTER_689
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!