“Ole Ole = No Way, No Way” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ole' Ole'
Ranked #26 of 232 Restaurants in Plantation
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Florida
“Ole Ole = No Way, No Way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Group of friends decided to come here for dinner and asked us to join. Mistake on both ends.

Right off the bat - the staff was incredibly rude. We were seated, then left there for an abundance of time before ever seeing our waitress again. She returned, with a clear lack of desire to wait on us and was bothered by questions about the menu. Skipping ahead...

Food prices for the portions here are not that reasonable. Be warned about that, as that sentiment was unanimous amongst our party and overheard at 2 tables around us.

You wouldn't mind that so much if it weren't for my next point - the food quality. To say it was horrible is being polite to them. Jalapeno poppers appetizer. How do you screw that up? I don't know, ask Ole Ole. Tuna dip. How do you screw that up? Check with them again. Few other menu items, same thing. Side order of fries consisted of about 20 french fries for $2.50 and they were soggy and tasted microwaved.

Will never come to this place again. I heard from others it used to be good - but no longer is. Sad, as that seems to be becoming the norm with S. Florida restaurants. Would suggest that you avoid this place and try one of the dozen + places that are in the proximity of it. I know we'll all be doing the same.

• Visited July 2013

fort lauderdale, fl
“I miss the way it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We've been going to Ole Ole for years, my teen kids have grown up there. It is quick, yummy and inexpensive. Or, it used to be. It's still quick. The food is now "ok". The service depends on your server. They used to have waiters/waitresses, foodrunners and hostesses that have been there for years, now the turnover seems to be pretty high. Also, now the food comes out overcooked and often appears to be reheated. We had fajitas w/ "grill marks" on the strips of chicken and steak but the meat was cold...how is that possible unless it was reheated? The onion that was supposed to be sizzling on the hot plate they put down was white and raw. Where were the peppers? I do not know why the food runner used pot holders to present this dish, as nothing was sizzling. When the manager came over to inspect, he agreed and instead of comping the meal, he took 30% off the check total, which meant that I still paid $12 for cold dry reheated fajitas for two. After 15 years of customer loyalty, never one discount offered to us, never one soda or beer or anything offered to us...even though this manager always recognized us and said "hello", I won't ever go back. It is too bad when you see a great place go downhill. Zona Fresca 1/2 mile away is not waitress service, but the food is FRESH, delicious, 1/3 the price and the owner cares when you walk in!

• Visited June 2013
Davie, Florida
“Salsa and chips best in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went with my family to Ole Ole for a family celebration. The service is excellent and attentive. Right away the waiter brought bowls of fresh salsa and fresh hot corn chips. We ordered a bowl of guacamole that was also fantastic. The entrees were nothing spectacular. I had Tacos al Carbon and fount the steak to be tough and overcooked. They could benefit from a little more seasoning as well. Shrimp and crab chimichangas were ok but somewhat bland. This type of Mexican food probably appeals to more bland American palates than Mexican. Margaritas were pretty good. Next time I go we will likely order a couple of appetizers and a margarita. Together with the chips and salsa that would be a lot to eat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and can't say that I didn't have anything I didn't like, but also haven't found anything that I could say is great. Above average Mexican food and any good Tex Mex or Mexican is hard to find in South Florida. Always crowded in the evenings but usually can get a table within 10 minutes. Wide variety of food, maybe just a little higher than some other Mexican restaurants, but there are usually coupons available. The fajitas are good, but you have to pay extra to get rice and beans. Drinks are average. Service is usually slow, but on our last visit it was really slow! I was out of drink for at least 10 minutes and had to flag down the waiter. Bar area is usually hopping in the evenings and there are a couple of televisions where you could watch a game, but definitely not a sports bar. Authentic Mexican decorations and interior located in a strip mall. Worth trying out. I'll be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wano16
Florida, New York
“Good affordable Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very close to shopping center, very convenient , excellent tuna dip appetizer margaritas very good and strong also.

Visited January 2013