“Salsa and chips best in town”
Review of Ole' Ole'

Ole' Ole'
Ranked #40 of 243 Restaurants in Plantation
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went with my family to Ole Ole for a family celebration. The service is excellent and attentive. Right away the waiter brought bowls of fresh salsa and fresh hot corn chips. We ordered a bowl of guacamole that was also fantastic. The entrees were nothing spectacular. I had Tacos al Carbon and fount the steak to be tough and overcooked. They could benefit from a little more seasoning as well. Shrimp and crab chimichangas were ok but somewhat bland. This type of Mexican food probably appeals to more bland American palates than Mexican. Margaritas were pretty good. Next time I go we will likely order a couple of appetizers and a margarita. Together with the chips and salsa that would be a lot to eat.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and can't say that I didn't have anything I didn't like, but also haven't found anything that I could say is great. Above average Mexican food and any good Tex Mex or Mexican is hard to find in South Florida. Always crowded in the evenings but usually can get a table within 10 minutes. Wide variety of food, maybe just a little higher than some other Mexican restaurants, but there are usually coupons available. The fajitas are good, but you have to pay extra to get rice and beans. Drinks are average. Service is usually slow, but on our last visit it was really slow! I was out of drink for at least 10 minutes and had to flag down the waiter. Bar area is usually hopping in the evenings and there are a couple of televisions where you could watch a game, but definitely not a sports bar. Authentic Mexican decorations and interior located in a strip mall. Worth trying out. I'll be back.

1  Thank Wano16
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very close to shopping center, very convenient , excellent tuna dip appetizer margaritas very good and strong also.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We love coming here for the margueritas, the chips and salsa, and fajitas. The salsa is some of the freshest I have ever had, and the chips are warm and tasty. I think it's a great deal, and the staff is friendly and quick. We never have to wait for service and are always able to get seated on the bar area.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Add a comment...

We've been going to Ole Ole for years, my teen kids have grown up there. It is quick, yummy and inexpensive. Or, it used to be. It's still quick. The food is now "ok". The service depends on your server. They used to have waiters/waitresses, foodrunners and hostesses that have been there for years, now the turnover seems to be pretty high. Also, now the food comes out overcooked and often appears to be reheated. We had fajitas w/ "grill marks" on the strips of chicken and steak but the meat was cold...how is that possible unless it was reheated? The onion that was supposed to be sizzling on the hot plate they put down was white and raw. Where were the peppers? I do not know why the food runner used pot holders to present this dish, as nothing was sizzling. When the manager came over to inspect, he agreed and instead of comping the meal, he took 30% off the check total, which meant that I still paid $12 for cold dry reheated fajitas for two. After 15 years of customer loyalty, never one discount offered to us, never one soda or beer or anything offered to us...even though this manager always recognized us and said "hello", I won't ever go back. It is too bad when you see a great place go downhill. Zona Fresca 1/2 mile away is not waitress service, but the food is FRESH, delicious, 1/3 the price and the owner cares when you walk in!