“Great”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Lobster smells fresh. The pina colada's OMG great. Our server was great. !Only thing is the long lines, but if you want to wait for good food .. not a problem

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The main sign had fallen down and I found this restaurant difficult to find - one had to drive past, then enter a strip Mall area and u-turn inside to get back to the restaurant.
Opening hours were good and my wife and I were accommodated late at 9.30pm on a Monday night without a problem after a hectic day's shopping for Christmas presents. The food was very good, seafood excellent especially lobster and snow crab.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We (4 persons) arrived about 9.15 p.m. on a Friday and waited well over an hour after being told it would be half an hour - the hostess was unprofessional and more concerned about chatting with the waiting staff. Observed several 4 seater booths empty with dirty plates/glasses. After 1/2 hour I knew we should have just walked out but thought we would be seated (observed couples being seated but larger tables had to wait). Finally shown to a table and given menus and told our server would be right with us. Waited nearly 10 minutes and I returned to the hostess and asked if we could at least get someone to take a drinks order - she at least apologized and came over and took our order as well as our food order. My youngest daughter had the crab legs - no long prong to get the crab meat out (we had to ask for it but the first waiter said he couldn't help us and that our server would be over to help). My second daughter had the seafood pasta which was mediocre. My husband had shrimp and was OK. I had the skewered shrimp and shrimp scampi combo which was so salty it was really inedible. Two tables away from us I overheard a client complaining to the waitress that her dinner was inedible because it was so salty - she must have had the same dish as I did.
Did we complain? No. Reason being, we were tired (had just flown into Miami, dropped bags off at hotel and went straight to the nearest Red Lobster because of the ads on TV showing lovely fresh seafood, pleasant staff etc. This place was the furthest from the TV ads...grubby carpets, unprofessional hosting staff, mediocre food and just unmemorable. Have eaten at several Red Lobsters when we travel to Florida (twice a year at least) however this experience has ensured that this is one restaurant chain that will be crossed off our list permanently.

1  Thank MT T
Reviewed September 20, 2012

warm welcome, comfort food...good service (could be quicker) but really good :) ......................

Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you choose menu items carefully, there is decent seafood to be had here. Wood fire grilled scallops, shrimp and lobster aren't bad, Brocolli was actually well cooked--not over cooked, not undercooked--salads are basic, nothing special.

I had a half dozen Ameripure(R) oysters on the half shell. They were big an meaty and tasted pretty fresh. They weren't well-shucked though: a good shucker, cuts the top shell off, preserving as much liquer as possible, and then slides the knife under the meat to release the abductor muscle. They didn't do the second part, so one couldn't slurp the oyster--but rather, one had to pull the oyster off teh shell with a fork. You'd think they'd know better at a seafood restaurant.

Service was friendly and funny.