“A Favorite Spot”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 243 Restaurants in Plantation
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Years ago, when I had a brother and sister-in-law in the area, we would always go here. The quality is still top-notch, with attentive and friendly service. We were in the area recently and decided to go for lunch. Friendly greetings at the door and quick tea and water refills for two thirsty travelers. I can't go very often, but it always has been and remains delightful. They even hold the door for you on the way out! Very gracious touch.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

It's a nice place & quick for the business traveler. Greeted at the door by hostess, immediately was seated and told of the day's specials. Server came quick and brought food out in perfect timing from appetizer to dinner. Great place overall!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We love this restaurant! Good for any occasion. Always consistent, great salads and rest of the food us wonderful too!
Nice atmosphere, with very good and attentive service.
Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were staying in the Hyatt Hotel next door and went for dinner on a Wednesday night. We called first and they put our name on the wait list. That saved us time when we arrived. Wow! this place is large and was crowded. We were seated in 5 minutes and in a booth. Our server arrived in, no kidding, 15 seconds after we sat down. She came back in a few minutes and took our order. I had the 1/2 Roasted chicken. It came with a "tower" of awesome mashed potato's. Did I mention it came in about 6 minutes! Very hot and tasty. My guest had Chicken Tender salad. Very good and a large portion. We were never rushed and I really liked the super fast service. When I am in the area again, it will be my "to go to" place.

1  Thank Jean P
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I Ho to this restaurant because I know the quality food and great service. This trip however was a disaster. I was entertaining friends who were totally unimpressed. The waiting staff dropped the ball. The table service was poor: our waiter Junior hardly visited the table. We finished the meal am the 20 minute wait killed our appetite for desert. We asked for a portion of a salad yo be packaged to go an it could not be found when we were ready to leave. I love this place but this visit was horrible and the place wasn't even crowded.