“good food, great service, beautiful place”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 237 Restaurants in Plantation
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Davie, Florida
“good food, great service, beautiful place”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I ate here for the first time and was impressed with the beauty of the architecture and decoration of the space. The calamari appetizer we shared was good, although it was better without the sauce, which was served on the side. I had prime rib, which was fork tender and perfectly cooked to order. My only complaint was that the meat seemed to be quite salty. Better to cook it and let the customer decide how much salt to use. The service was professional and prompt. They seem to be able to handle high volume quite easily. The noise level was low, which made it easy for conversation to be heard easily. I will go back, only next time I will try one of the salads which looked really delicious.

• Visited September 2013

Weston, Florida
“Enjoyable Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great place to get together with friends. Delicious drinks and good food. Went for a late dinner. They were sold out of their artichoke appetizer but were very gracious about making up for it.
Very good service.

FORT LAUDERDALE
“Worth every penny!!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was not my 1st visit here and definitely will not be the last! If you want excellent food and top notch service, this is the place to go.

All the staff in this restaurant are friendly and very well trained:) I either get the steak or the prime rib which are both delicious and cooked perfectly. My husband always gets the Salmon which he says is one of the best he has ever had!

Whether you are looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion or you just want great food and excellent service, then this is a place where you won't be disappointed:)

It's not cheap, but its worth every penny you spend!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Upscale - OK Food - Slow Service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have been here many times over the years, this last trip was a disappointment. Always well dressed, polite, professional staff was not on their game for our last visit. The place was not completely packed as usual, and we were seated right away. Very long wait for someone to come by after we were seated, even longer till our orders were taken, then the food took forever to arrive. When the food did arrive, 1 of the steaks was overdone, and had to be sent back. A replacement arrived somewhat quickly, but the rest of us were already done eating by the time it arrived. We were graciously comped dessert to make up for the hassel, a very classy gesture. Overall the food was just OK on this visit, not as good as we all remembered. This place is usually great for a steak and creative martinis.....has a great bar area, and cool decor for the whole place. if this review helps your planning please leave me a helpful vote......enjoy

Naples, Florida
“Nice relaxing place to eat”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had dinner here with friends, very relaxed and casual, yet nice enough for a good dinner out. I wore dressier shorts while the person I was with wore dress pants. Both he and I felt comfortable, as did our wives in skirts. The place is relatively kid friendly for older kids and teens. I probably wouldn't bring a child under 8 or so. Seating is comfortable in booths or tables. You will want reservations as this place fills up. We called ahead and put our name in, which they allow you to do. I had the fish tacos which were very fresh and cooked just right. It came with a side of beans and rice which was just okay so I'd probably substitute that out. My wife went with crab cakes which were very good, large chunks of crab, not all filler like a lot of restaurants. One of the folks we were with got the salad, can't remember which but it was very big and looked very, very good. Food came out quickly and at the same time, which I appreciate. A lot of times they leave one person hanging. We also got the chips and spinach which were well worth it as you got a big heaping of chips and dip. Normally you run out of chips. I would definitely go back again. As a tip, if possible, ask for a booth more toward the back as the front can get pretty loud and crowded with those waiting for their table. Also, they do have a small bar to sit and get a drink but this fills up pretty quickly. Total price with tip was $55 per couple which I think is fair for a nice meal out. That was with one drink each.

• Visited July 2013