“Beautiful Hotel with Outstanding Restaurant”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Got an unbelievable rate through Priceline. Spent Spring Break Sun thru Fri there w/hubby and son, age 14. Once you walk into the lobby it is very beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. As reward members we had free wireless internet in our room. Since we would be there for a week we asked for an upgrade to a suite because of our room size, but they refused to upgrade us even though the hotel was not busy at all during our weeklong stay. Rooms are nicely appointed, a bit small, but pretty and clean. Love the Aveda toiletries in bathroom. Everything was super clean. 2 dbl beds, standard size room, but great deal for the priceline rate. Loved the bed; great sleep. We normally spend spring break at either the condo or suites type hotels with free breakfast and lots of families with kids and very noisy. This was refreshing and peaceful and relaxing. No free breakfast, but hey we got to sleep late. We found the front desk staff to be nice and polite, but not warm and friendly, just professional. My favorite part was the restaurant. What a hidden treasure. Food was superb and service was outstanding. Best food we had on the entire trip. Some will find it pricey, but this is a top notch restaurant. The key lime pie is simply delicious. You can't go wrong here, even the burger is mouthwateringly delish. Atmosphere is very relaxing and intimate, and the waiters are so attentive to your every need.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Reviewed May 19, 2010

As a weekly business traveler, I have stayed at this hotel over 100 nights in the past 2-years. The hotel is clean, rooms are quiet, exercise room is great and most importantly the staff is awesome.

Everyone from the front desk, concierge attendant, sales staff, restaurant and room service waiters and waitresses are so friendly, welcoming and eager to help out in any way possible.

I don’t typically think highly of hotel restaurants, but I must say that this hotel has one of the best restaurants of any place I have ever stayed.

This hotel has free parking which is becoming rare to find these days in South Florida. You may find a better rate at another location, but watch out for those $25.00 dollar per night parking fee's that cancel out the cheap nightly rates that are not always clearly disclosed.

Don't let negetative reviews of minor issues disgurage you from staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last year prior to our cruise. I wrote a review, for Trip Advisor last year, and forwarded a copy to the GM Nabil Salloum. Mr "Nabil" as the staff refers to him kindly sent me an e-mal back and said that if I was ever going to be in the area to contact him and he would upgrade my accomodations. Not only were we upgraded to a suite' Mr. "Nabil" also honored the price we paid through Priceline last year. We arrived 4 hours later than planned due to a mechanical problem in our aircraft out of O'Hare airport. It had been a long day so we headed over to the Hard Rock for a little fun. Hard Rock is a crazy place to be on a Saturday Night!!! When we returned to our Suite there was a nice arrangement of wine, cheese and crackers. Unfortunately, we don't like alcohol so I wrote a nice Thank You Note to Mr. Nabil and gave it to the front desk when we checked out the next day. The only thing I missed was the great water they had in the lobby last year. It was icy cold and citrus flavored....mmmmmmm...but they didn't have it out this time:(:(:(. I would stay here again....even if I wasn't upgraded to a suite. The area is quiet, the staff very friendly and we sooo appreciated the nice gesture of wine and cheese!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed here getting back from a cruise in Miami, but we prefer the Fort Lauderdale area better. Traveled with hubby and our 3 kids, and a friend with her 2 kids. We booked a "suite" with two double beds and a pullout. The rooms were okay - nothing special. The lobby was beautiful! There was free internet in the lobby. The pool was also very nice. Concierge was great helping us find dinner spots. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I had to stay here instead of the Hollywood beach place Marriott due to it being booked for spring break and cruises.....since I am platinum I get a nice room and concierge level. But this hotel is not as nice as the Hollywood. The service was bad and the concierge level was pitiful. The room was clean but is away from Fort Lauderdale and in the burbs off the highway. Too far from the beach but close to the airport. I would not chose to stay here again but the rates were very good

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Thank ms.go-go
Reviewed April 2, 2010

First off I'm not one of these "Tripadvisor users turned Hotel Room Inspector" types that complain about every little thing, but this one wasn't quite up to par or better yet "up to price". I guess this hotel is mostly for business travelers. The Good: Location is good and easy to get to; Coffee bar has Starbucks coffee for the morning; many TV viewing options; front desk staff will help you with directions and are overall nice....you can tell they are trying. Bathroom decent...nice shower.
The Bad: Rooms are way too small for the price of $180.00. We've stayed at a Ritz-Carlton for that price! I know, I know, it's Plantation, but wow, throw in a breakfast or something. Really no frills included....kinda disapointing. Carpet worn, fixtures dusty, no big deal, but rooms need a bit of attention to detail.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Started out with a new desk clerk, who was getting No Help from her 2 associates. Purchased a night which included a $50.00 gift card to local Sawgrass Mills Outlet . She, nor any of the other clerks, had any idea of what that was. I was told Card would be delivered to the Room. Never was. Finally got a Manager the next morning to issue the Card. Since I'm a Marriott Gold Member, I Asked for a quiet room room. Was given one along the highway. Went to the Restaurant. What a disaster! Asked waiter to find out the year of a certain Cabernet. He had to locate the Manager, who was the only one permitted a key to the Wine Cellar to check. Waited 5 minutes. Not satisfied, asked for the 1/2 bottle of Cab which was on list. Waiter had to again get Mgr with key. Waited another 10 minutes. Waiter came back and said they were out of that wine! 15 minutes- still No Wine+No Order! No exaggeration. True Story! Finally just asked what I could get so that a key wasn't necessary, and another 5 minutes later - finally had a glass of wine!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csheetz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!