“Renaissance Fraud Lauderdale-Plantation”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Frederick MD
Reviewed May 2, 2005

The website is a lie. The King Roon, which I booked, shows a balcony. There are only about a dozen rooms in the whole hotel with balconies. All other rooms, including my King roon, are sealed with windows that do not open. The room had a musty smell typical of coastal properties and no fresh air inlet to the room. There is no Starbucks in the lobby either in spite of the prominent picture. The bar serves Starbucks coffee in the morning. Not quite the same thing as having a Starbucks on the premises. The photographs suggest a much nice hotel than what actually exists. I will never stay there again. This place is no better than a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 8, 2004

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip on 12/6. It was an excellent place for a single woman on a business trip. I had a very nice room and felt comfortable eating dinner and breakfast alone in the restaurant. The location, just off 595, halfway between FL Airport and Route 75 is very convenient. For business, this was excellent. As a vacation traveler, the pool has no personality and the hotel sits in an office park.

3  Thank sisu3
Reviewed October 20, 2004

We enjoyed a two night stay in Feb. 2004..
It is a wonferful property, would not class it as a 3 star as most web stie have it...far above...4 at least.
Rooms wonderfully decorated and large...and very CLEAN!
Bed and linen far above average...and double sheeted..one other reason that we give it a 4 star rating.
Staff could not have been more helpful.
We plan on returning this coming Feb.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2004
1  Thank RCCL
Reviewed July 11, 2004

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our pre and post cruise(5 nights in total) stay in florida in March/April 2004. We loved Florida and can't wait to go back but would not stay at this hotel again. The hotel it's self was nice with nice facilities but the service was terrible. We had some pop/juice bottles in our room which we had only consumed half of and the cleaning lady threw them away so when we came back to our room in the afternoon and wanted to have our drinks with some ice we had none left. When we told the front desk staff they said they would look into it but the same thing happened the next day.
They had charged our visa upon booking for this room and when we went to check out they said that they missed charged up and we owed them 4 cents. Yes 4 pennies that they argued with us for until we payed them even though it was there fault they miss charged our visa. Then on our second stay they did the same thing and this time told us we owed them 1 cent. I know it is only a few pennies but it is the principal of the matter. The fact that they argued with us for the sake of a few pennies for something that was their fault is poor customer service.
I will not stay at this hotel during our next trip to florida!

3  Thank KAH_Calgary
indialantic, fl
Reviewed May 15, 2004

Stayed there one night with AAA rate of $89. The staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The bar and restaurant were above average. The breakfast was also above average. I went to the fitness room and I was impressed. The location is far from the beach and downtown fort lauderdale, but is worth the short drive you have to take.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2004

I stayed with my sister and our two kids for the weekend of 2/6-2/7. I bid $50 for a resort in the Plantation area (not realizing that this wasn't a beach area) and won the bid on Priceline. Once I got over my own stupidity at not looking closer at the map, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Very clean, easily accessible from all major highways, and with an accomodating staff, we really enjoyed ourselves and the kids did as well. Pool area was nice, but small. Water was heated and jacuzzi was always full. We drove 15 minutes to Fort Lauderdale beach and found great parking on the municipal beach.
Because the hotel is so new, I was concerned that it may be noisy, but it wasn't--doors were very heavy and kept out all outside noise. There are 9 floors to this hotel, and only two rooms per floor have balconies, (one regular room and one suite), so if you want access to fresh air from your room, then request one of these rooms well in advance. We, too, were provided with a free fridge. We did not take advantage of the fitness center or restaurant, but did order margarita's from the bar to enjoy by the pool and they were awesome--it only took one to undwind! Bid on this hotel if you are in the area an enjoy. The only downside was the bed--wonderful linens, but the absolute most uncomfortable mattress ever--way too firm for my taste.
So, either try a king or bring lots of Tylenol PM.

4  Thank jen_h_fl
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 31, 2004

We spent four days and three nights at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel. We were there as part of my nephew's Bar Mitzvah.
Thus, there were about a dozen rooms from my side and a dozen rooms from my brother-in-law's side. No complaints from anyone. In fact, nothing but praise.

The staff was excellent!!! We were always greeted with a smile and every question was gladly answered and every request was cheerfully worked on. There were plenty of great common areas for us to hang out in small and large groups. The lobby was comfortable and beautiful. The restaurant was reasonably priced and yummy. I had fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, breads, and smoked salmon at the buffet for under $10. The bar, adjacent to the restaurant, was also lovely and reasonably priced. The outdoor pool was clean, beautiful, and well heated. The nice outdoor jacquzzi was steps away too. Although there was plenty to do around the hotel, our room was great too. We had an 8th floor room overlooking a man-made lake. Our room was beautifully appointed and clean. The beds were very comfortable and room service brought me a foam pillow on request. Our rate, which was an internet special obtained at http://www.marriottse.com, was ONLY $79 a night, less than the group rate for the family and less than half the going rate. We thought for that rate we'd be in a less-than-desirable room with no view. But we were treated like kings the whole weekend! The hotel provided a refrigerator for free on request and our room had free high-speed Internet access.

My siblings reported that the airport shuttle was very convenient. The hotel was just 10-15 minutes by car from the beach and very near shopping. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly!

• Stayed: January 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!