“Friendly Staff,clean rooms, beautiful hotel”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was my first stay at this Renaissance location. From the time we checked in to check out, we were treated so well by all of the hotel staff. We stayed to attend the Jehovah's Witness Regional Convention, so the hotel was full and busy, but we were comfortable at all times. The morning staff at the Starbucks counter all three mornings were so friendly and helpful. We were greeted by the counter staff every morning and evening. I will plan on staying there again next time I have a convention in the area. The hotel is easy to find right off of 595, it is a short drive up to Sawgrass Mall and BB&T Center. There is a small mini fridge in the room & coffee maker as well.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from elevator area has less traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CRGraphicDesign
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was one of the better Marriott properties that we've stayed at in south Florida. Beautiful lobby, nice large rooms, clean, etc. one of the best features was the executive lounge. Evening appetizers consisted of chicken breast with wild rice and assorted cheeses. Problem was that there was only a very small amount set out for guests and the lounge attendant disappeared. Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake. Rooms facing 595 can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stay here each year on business and are never disappointed. The service is great, the rooms are very quiet and clean. The location is excellent and centrally located for our work, right off I-595 and close to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure to ask for a room with the lake view. Those rooms face away from the hig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was my First time staying at this hotel. The rooms were ok no complaints. I had called before making my reservations and the young lady on the phone( I believe her name is Val) was very helpful.She answered all my questions and didn't make it seem as if I was being a bother. Front Desk Agents were kind and friendly upon checkin. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

In town for a quick business trip and went back to my old staple.

Typical staff is gone, renovation has feelings of IKEA, restaurant is lackluster.

Asked to speak to the general manager just to speak mind, but it seems they are without leadership.

Once they lock it back together, I hope to see improvement.

Stayed: June 2014
David M, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

HoldenBea,

Thank you for your candid feedback of our hotel. Your feedback and your perception of our hotel and our team is of the utmost important to me and my team. I am happy to tell you that my team and myself are laser focused on improving the experience we create for each and every guest and I can personally assure you this focus will not go away. I am personally very interested in hearing your feedback and have provided my email below if you would like to share with me any additional details. Ultimately the feedback our guest provide is imperative to our success and I welcome any feedback you are willing to provide to help me continue to improve our hotel.

Thank you again and I truly hope we can once again regain your trust in our hotel.

David Meisner
david.meisner@whitelodging.com

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place is NOT a 4 star hotel! Two star at BEST! There was no bellman. The lobby was filled with poor quality decor. The room was quite small for a Florida hotel. The room decor looked reasonable but again it was all of poor quality. The rug was filthy. The phone didn't work, nor did the tiny refrigerator! I've stayed at Marriott properties in the past but I was appalled by the state of this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was our third time staying here. Since our last visit, the hotel has been remodeled. The lobby is very inviting, modern, and chic. Staff were very professional and welcoming. The rooms were an average size, clean, and refreshed from the last visit. However, I didn't think the rooms were as updated as other Renaissance properties I've stayed at. The gym had all new equipment and was easily accessible from the second floor elevators. A nice touch was the fruit offered in the lobby and gym. Need to do some shopping and get a bite to eat? All this is about a five minute drive from the hotel. Great location!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!