“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Florida
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was one of the better Marriott properties that we've stayed at in south Florida. Beautiful lobby, nice large rooms, clean, etc. one of the best features was the executive lounge. Evening appetizers consisted of chicken breast with wild rice and assorted cheeses. Problem was that there was only a very small amount set out for guests and the lounge attendant disappeared. Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake. Rooms facing 595 can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Hebrew first
Venice, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stay here each year on business and are never disappointed. The service is great, the rooms are very quiet and clean. The location is excellent and centrally located for our work, right off I-595 and close to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure to ask for a room with the lake view. Those rooms face away from the hig...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was my First time staying at this hotel. The rooms were ok no complaints. I had called before making my reservations and the young lady on the phone( I believe her name is Val) was very helpful.She answered all my questions and didn't make it seem as if I was being a bother. Front Desk Agents were kind and friendly upon checkin. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Holden Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

In town for a quick business trip and went back to my old staple.

Typical staff is gone, renovation has feelings of IKEA, restaurant is lackluster.

Asked to speak to the general manager just to speak mind, but it seems they are without leadership.

Once they lock it back together, I hope to see improvement.

Stayed June 2014
David M, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
HoldenBea,

Thank you for your candid feedback of our hotel. Your feedback and your perception of our hotel and our team is of the utmost important to me and my team. I am happy to tell you that my team and myself are laser focused on improving the experience we create for each and every guest and I can personally assure you this focus will not go away. I am personally very interested in hearing your feedback and have provided my email below if you would like to share with me any additional details. Ultimately the feedback our guest provide is imperative to our success and I welcome any feedback you are willing to provide to help me continue to improve our hotel.

Thank you again and I truly hope we can once again regain your trust in our hotel.

David Meisner
david.meisner@whitelodging.com
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place is NOT a 4 star hotel! Two star at BEST! There was no bellman. The lobby was filled with poor quality decor. The room was quite small for a Florida hotel. The room decor looked reasonable but again it was all of poor quality. The rug was filthy. The phone didn't work, nor did the tiny refrigerator! I've stayed at Marriott properties in the past but I was appalled by the state of this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was our third time staying here. Since our last visit, the hotel has been remodeled. The lobby is very inviting, modern, and chic. Staff were very professional and welcoming. The rooms were an average size, clean, and refreshed from the last visit. However, I didn't think the rooms were as updated as other Renaissance properties I've stayed at. The gym had all new equipment and was easily accessible from the second floor elevators. A nice touch was the fruit offered in the lobby and gym. Need to do some shopping and get a bite to eat? All this is about a five minute drive from the hotel. Great location!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gulfport, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Front desk agent was very helpful and welcoming upon our arrival. The rooms were very clean and on the larger side. The pool was refreshing after a day of travel, there is not a bar around the pool but they do provide a phone that rings to the restaurant and they are more than happy to deliver your food and drinks out to the pool area. The concierge lounge was closed since we were there on a weekend but it provide a quiet retreat to read a book, if you don't want the sounds of the pool area. Had dinner in the restaurant and it is a very good option for dinner. We enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jokerz24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!