“Lowell MA visitors loved this place ”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
North of Boston, MA
“Lowell MA visitors loved this place ”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Three of us travelled down to FL two days ahead of a cruise and decided to stay at this hotel based on prior ratings, location and price. The hotel is very nice. More of a corporate hotel than a resort but the hotel had a nice pool with plenty of shady places. Overall the hotel and rooms were very clean (kudos to the staff). We had great service in the lounge and the checkin staff was very nice. Plantation is conveniently located. We visited Miami Beach, So Beach, Saw Grass Mills Mall, and we were just about 15-20 minutes from the airport. Car rental was cheap and the rental shuttle takes you to the Port after dropping off your car - very convenient. We will miss the ugly duck that greeted us upon our arrival - not!!!! Thanks for making the start of our vacation a pleasant one.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Stevenrma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
bloomington indiana
Reviewed February 8, 2014

So we booked two rooms at a decent price. It was around a $35 fare by taxi from Ft Lauderdale airport though, and it is in a professional office park area. Close to a mall though if you have a car. The hotel is very nice, recently remodeled in a modern décor. I think I saw Lady Gaga's chair in the lobby. The restaurant was nice, pricey but good. The rooms were well furnished and comfortable and the staff was very helpful in getting us a ride to the Port of Miami the next day (around $90 for a private van for the four of us) Overall a nice stay and hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here last week for 3 nights - rooms are very nice but could use a upgrade in decour; bar and restaurant were excellent and crowded. Downside on Thursday they had a "lounge singer" playing piano and the acoustics of the place made it so loud that it was to the point of painful. Close to the major highways - would recommend staying here for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and bar. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kumar Anne. General Manager
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I wish I could give this place a good review because the service was outstanding, the room was clean, and the lobby was gorgeous....BUT the walls are PAPER THIN.

The couple next door was talkative....and then they were yelling. After about 45 minutes, I called the front desk and complained. The front desk called the room (I could hear the phone ring) and they didn't answer. Security then went up to the room and I could hear that conversation. They finally got a little quieter and then went to bed, but I should not be able to hear even the slightest of conversation through the wall. All of this was with the tv in my room on as well.

So sorry because as I said, the service, even when dealing with the noise complaint, was wonderful but I shouldn't be able to hear so much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your post.We will do our best to correct our shortcomings, and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Renaissance Plantation.
Kumar Anne. General Manager
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Renaissance Planatation is stragetically located right off I-595, is close to tons of shopping, dining and minutes from the airport. The downstairs is decorated in ulta-modern (looked like something out of a sci-fi movie). Not my taste, but then again I didn't spend much time in the lobby.
For the money I have stayed in better hotels, but this place was quite adequate. The staff is very nice and helpful.
My only complaint was we caould never get the room cold enough.

Room Tip: We had room 701, which has a very nice view, is away from the interstate and has a balcony. Also, it...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our location, I will have my director of engineering review the thermostat in the room to address the issue, thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2014

As platinum members we were treated royally with a wonderful suite and great breakfast, etc. Manny at the front desk is a jewel. He is knowledgeable about the area and everything in general. He is a pleasure to deal with. We spent a delightful three days here! View of the ponds and fountains are beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our location. I will share your compliments with Manny. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I don't know where to begin and don't want to go on and on, but as a platinum member of marriott, I travel all over the world and this is by far the worst hotel Ive stayed at in years. Staff and service non-existent, front desk clueless -- room not ready, asked about options, none, asked about lounge, no, asked about pool -- yes (but then I asked if I needed a key to which I received the reply, only if you want to come back into the hotel??? WHAT???? -- so I said, may I have a key? Oh, sure, and I'll come get you for your room. Two hours later, no call, and nobody had ever checked with housekeeping. Anyway, from internet that crapped out, no answer at front desk, no basic service in the bar without asking for it, dirty rooms, housekeeping waking me up at 8 for a "room check" when I still had my paper outside the door, I'll stay clear of this place!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you incurred at our hotel. This is not typical of our team, and I would like to speak to you about your experience. At your convenience, please call me at 954-308-4500. It is my hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Kumar Anne, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!