“Easy & convenient for Central Broward”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Juneau, Alaska
“Easy & convenient for Central Broward”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Found this hotel after searching for a way to use my MegaBonus cert from Marriott and forgot about this place. One thing I enjoy is how easy it is to get in and out of the property and I-595. It is also 2 blocks south of Broward Blvd (main artery) and also just minutes to the turnpike. The property is also within walking distance of the Cornerstone properties - so if you are meeting with DHL or the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, its a very short walk :)

Free parking and I also obtained free internet - so my geek side is happy.

The restaurant and bar seemed to be quite busy at night, and the prices seemed much MUCH better than I'm used to seeing. The bed was really comfortable with a large variety of pillows -- I really hate getting into a king size bed and there are only 4 pillows for it!

The staff was exceptional - and checking in and out was very easy.

I really appreciate having this hotel choice in Central/West Broward as 95 can be a pain at times.

Room Tip: Not sure you can have a bad room here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.I am glad to hear you enjoyed our comfortable bed, and our restaurant. We hope to welcome you back soon at the hotel. Kumar Anne. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
Port Jefferson, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nothing spectacular about this hotel, but every aspect was professionally done. Good service, good food (but a little overpriced for the area), spacious, well-appointed room, easy parking adequate exercise facility, and adequate (but uncrowded) pool.

Room Tip: If you are staying here, definitely plan on the nearby Kristof's Kafe for breakfast. Great panca...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband stayed there last month for one night. We checked in really late (around 4am), the front desk personnel was so kind to extend our checkout till 2pm. Next time we're in the area, I definitely plan on staying there again. We didn't have the opportunity to check out any of the services that the hotel offered but I will say that it's a beautiful hotel with a great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to your return visit and enjoy our restaurant Bin 595 and our pool and fitness center. If you need any assistance with recommendations for sight seeing or shopping, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kumar Anne. General Manager
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I booked on line at the hotels' own web site for a club level room and when I showed up at the desk they tried to give me a non-club level room. They claim to not notice that my booking was for a club level room. And of course, they were out of the club level rooms.
After much haranguing they gave me a "semi-accessible" room for handicapped folks that had club level access.
So was it a computer error (not likely) or just plain dishonesty (likely).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LAXtravels
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you incurred at our hotel. This is not typical of our team, and I would like to speak to you about your experience. At your convenience, please call me at 954-308-4500. It is my hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Kumar Anne, General Manager
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The staff at this hotel work very hard to be helpful, Unfortunately, the location is in the middle of a concrete jungle with nothing nearby. The facilities are getting worn. I had to drive into town to get a decent dinner. The lobby was taken over with elderly cruise passengers, which prevented my use of the "business center" to print documents. The women's softball team was equally happy with the facilities. I won't go back, unless I'm with a large group, which they cater to.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your post. We are a business friendly hotel and hosts group guest as well, however the experience you encountered was not typical, our apology. Our front office team is always there to assist with any printing needs or offer alternate options for you to conduct your business. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to impress upon you.

I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kumar A, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stay at this hotel every year with our four children during the holidays. We love it! The hotel iis modern, beautiful, and clean. The walls are thick and we sleep well. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone is happy. Our kids love the beautiful pool. The workout room is clean and well-equpped. The location is very handy as it's near major highways and restaurants, shopping, etc. We always feel so welcome here and recommend it for business as well as family travel.

Room Tip: We've stayed in a variety of rooms and suites and they've all been good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and children enjoyed our beautiful pool. We are looking forward to seeing you soon at our hotel. Thank you for being a loyal Renaissance Plantation Guest. Kumar Anne. General Manager
Nassau
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The location itself is OK - close to Broward and not too far from Sawgrass. However it is almost impossible to find. There are no signs. It is off the road, behind trees in a commercial park.
It is not visible from the road. The hotel directions state driving on S. Pine Island Rd - you will see the hotel. You will NOT. I was so stressed driving up and down and round one way streets - it was awful. Even after finding the place it is not easy to find at night. I was more stressed after this stay than at any hotel; the rooms were fine except the plate on the towel holder was falling off and needed to be fixed. Which shows a lack of proper housekeeping management. Also one day I found a bunch of towels in a bag hanging on the outside of my door- why?
Hated the lobby lighting - but that's just me - not my choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Harrietlyle
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share your comments with the team. We'll take steps to correct our shortcomings and hope to welcome you back in the future. Kumar Anne, General Manager