“WOW! WOW! WOW!”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed July 22, 2013

All I can say is WOW. This hotel makes me so happy I could cry. Im not even sure where to begin. I got this off their website for $80 a night and that price barely gets you a motel 6 in some areas. The hotel is asthetically AMAZING. Most gorgeous hotel I've ever stayed in. Supposedly it was remodeled but I cant tell because it looks PERFECT. My room was amazing and the downstairs is just wow. The gym is quite large for a hotel so I was very happy to get in a good chest workout :) Plus they have free water and apples in there, along with headphones to enjoy the tv's on the treadmills/ellipticals. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. The level of professionalism from the staff was top notch. Never been so impressed in all my life! i would not hesitate to stay here again as the grounds are gorgeous too and very close to the largest outlet mall in florida! If there's any doubt, book it! You wont be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times so I decided it was time to write a review.

Pros: For the price I paid (around $100), I think this hotel is the best in the plantation/weston area. It does what it needs to do very well, it is very clean, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the staff was friendly. The hotel is modern compared to the other hotels in the area. I'm a sensitive sleeper and this hotel doesn't disappoint (even when I've stayed in the rooms that face the major highway). That being said, I do recommend paying the extra charge and getting a lakeview room if you are a light sleeper because it was a tad bit quieter on that side. Parking is free and there is a lot of it. Aveda products in the rooms which are nice and free toothpaste :)

Cons: You have to pay for internet. I think hotels need to just give it away or include it in the room rate. It just seems tacky to have separate charge. You will notice many people on computers in the lobby because there is free wi-fi there.

Another pet peeve I had was that I commented on my reservation which I booked directly with them that I wanted a quiet room away from the elevators. I had to wait about 10 minutes for room (but I was early so that was no problem at all) and when she handed me the room key I asked "This isn't by the elevators is it?". She said it was actually directly across from them. She was able to quickly find me a room that was farther away from the elevators but I don't know why they ask for comments if they aren't going to read them before assigning rooms. Some hotels seem to be very good about considering the comments, while others don't. This hotel did not take the time to review.

Bottom line, I would rather have given this hotel a 4.5 but since I can't, I don't want to cheat them out of a good score. If they give free internet and start paying attention to the comments, they will truly deserve the full excellent rating at the price I got the room for.

Room Tip: Light sleepers choose lakeview side. It is extra, but I recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovevacas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Renaissance Hotel for many years as we go to Nova Southwestern Universiry for medical care. Initially, we checked out all the hotels in the area and found this one superior in every way. The rooms and bedding were spotless, the staff wonderful and accomodating and both the room service and restaurant had good service and delicious food with many healthy options. This past week we arrived earlier than usual and both Jason Mc Grath and Janelle Neal went out of their way to accomodate us and make us comfortable after just having experienced some orthopedic treatment.This was accomplished despite the fact tht the hotel was full.
I have to say in all honestly that staying at this hotel facilitates our recuperation. The Renaissance Hotel is the star of hotels in this community. Congratulations, Marriott.

Room Tip: We never had a bad room, always clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Took a weekend getaway in Plantation/Ft. Lauderdale, it rained all weekend so we ended up spending quite a bit of time at the hotel. It was excellent! The ambiance, the staff, and the rooms were great. The lobby was gorgeous and the parking was free and plentiful! I will be booking here again next time I come to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After itching for two days of my stay with the bed bugs. I choose not to return to that hotel, from md on the shower curtain to bed bugs, stay at your own risk.

The location was great and the staff was good just not well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed on our anniversary get-away weekend. All staff members we encountered were very friendly. I'm Platinum Premier with Marriott Rewards and was given an upgrade to the concierge floor, breakfast coupons, and complimentary WiFi. There is ample free parking at the property. The hotel has a restaurant, Starbucks, complimentary WiFi in the lobby area, two computers for public use, and a small store where you can purchase necessities.

A bottle of sparkling wine and some chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room for our anniversary. This was a very nice touch! Helen, the attendant in the concierge lounge is fabulous! She remembers us from visit to visit and always has kind words for us and engages us in conversation.

We enjoy the pool at this property and spent our last day in town at the pool instead of heading to the beach. The hotel is a short drive to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and not too far from Sawgrass Mills, Broward Mall, and numerous restaurants.

Next time we're in town we'll stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here one night for a nearby graduation ceremony. The pool came in handy as we had our grandkids with us. The place is ultra modern/garrish in decor so our homespun grandkids got a kick out of the guilded mettalic gaudy furnishings. Super attentive staff and overall great for one night if you have to be in a congested / road construction area of Florida. This is no resort hotel by any stretch of the imagination. The free buffet breakfast for kids was a nice touch. That may have been a perc because my stepson stays alot at Renaissance hotels on business and not available to all guests so check first.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family