“Nice Stay - Convenient for Business”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
sedona
“Nice Stay - Convenient for Business”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel, as I needed to be centrally located for business in the Fort Lauderdale area. The lobby is gorgeous! As is the bar/restaurant. I didn't have the opportunity to dine at the Renaissance, but it was definitely inviting!

The customer service was very good. I forgot the name of the woman at the front desk who arranged for a free cheese/cracker assortment and 1/2 bottle of wine because she gave us the wrong address for one of our social excursions (not a big deal!). I thought that was VERY gracious of her. The wrong address ended up being a blessing as we had the chance to explore an area we would not have seen!

The room was comfortable; nothing terribly special about it. We did have a Lake View which was very nice.

I will say, I would prefer the Renaissance Hotel on 17th street, as it is closer to the beach and the Las Olas restaurants/shops. Although I appreciated this hotel and the service level/room comfort, I would prefer a location in which you can walk to a neighborhood restaurant and/or Starbucks versus having to drive. And YES, there was a Starbucks in the hotel, which is GREAT! I was just citing an example of enjoying the ability to walk out the door and explore an area on foot.

Room Tip: Lake View Rooms are Nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Hebrew first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The decor in this hotel was beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. Jason was who checked us in, and was wonderful. The room was beautiful with a nice lake view, nice comfortable bed, and nice bathrooms. The hotel doesn't seem like it's too close to much, but was only a 10min drive to the Seminole Hard Rock, and much...much cheaper than staying there. Would stay there again without question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dutchess County, NY
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is clean, pool is great, and the bar and restaurant are also wonderful. Would be helpful if the lobby had more of a selection of items to purchase. Basically has a little alcove with chips, popcorn, ice cream and drinks. Needed to drive to grocery store to get a bottle of sunscreen to go to the pool.

1 Thank KKBDutchessCounty_NY
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went the weekend of March 28-31 2013. We live in the area and we decided to do a staycation. The hotel on the outside is very unassuming, but the indoor decor and set up is wonderful. What a gorgeous lobby, and wonderful, cheery staff. The bar is great too and they serve Starbucks as well. The breakfast was $16.95 per person, and it was a buffet. It was really great, the French toast was a raisin brioche, the fruits were fresh, and the potatoes were good. The best part was the made to order omelet. It wasn't greasy like all the other made to order ones. The happy hour is pretty good too, 4-7 pm only $3 craft beers. It isn't the rarest selection, but pretty decent at a good price. The downside was the actual room. Comfy bed and no weird smells, but the main door wouldn't stay open. Actually it would slam shut automatically. Just downright dangerous, because the door is so heavy that anyone could break their whole hand on it. A pretty good stay for a fair price overall.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Nothing better than getting out of the house and locally exploring the Renaissance Plantation hotel! So glad you had a wonderful staycation and enjoyed the Bin 595 Restaurant and Wine Bar. Per your comment on the doors, they are made that way for security purposes but do understand your thoughts. We greatly appreciate the wonderful review and please keep in touch good neighbor!

Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am starting to feel like I am a little too picky. There are just not many hotels that “wow” me. I recently made a quick trip down to Ft. Lauderdale to visit some family. My wife and ten week old daughter also travelled with me. Due to some health concerns with the family we were visiting we cancelled our original hotel (and air) reservation and ended up re-booking both within 48 hours of travel. When I rebooked, the only rooms available were the “Club Level” rooms for an extra $20. I didn’t think $20 was worth the fuss and the hotel was just too convenient to our family to pass up. And heck…it’s a Renaissance hotel, it must be top notch?!?!?

Before arriving, I called the hotel to secure a crib or “pack and play” for my daughter. The lady on the phone was very friendly and was able to take care of our needs. We also requested a king bed. Not a big deal, but always nice to have when travelling.

The check-in was easy and our room on the “Club Level” was ready and clean when we arrived around 4:00pm. We were placed in a room with two double beds and a pack in play. Very nice to have the crib that we requested, but somewhat upsetting not to have the king bed. In the end, the bed isn’t really a deal breaker for this kind of trip.

My biggest “beef” with the hotel is the $20/night for the “Club Level.” The “Club Lounge” is not open on Friday nights, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. Well, that happens to be our entire visit. I didn’t need the club lounge, but I am still perplexed what the $20/night for a “Club Level” was for. Was it for the elevator where I had to use my key to get to the floor? It just seems like they got my money for nothing.

The hotel is in Plantation, FL which is about 10 minutes from FLL airport and there are plenty of food and beverage options in the surrounding area. The pool is very nice and has enough space for the hotel, and though we didn’t dine in the hotel, it seemed to have a good menu and a good happy hour.

I can’t say the staff was bad, or any reason not to come back. I also can’t say the staff was overly friendly or went above and beyond.

To summarize, for the price paid, I would say I wasn’t completely satisfied. There is a Hyatt place less than 3 minutes further down the road which I would elect to stay at next time. I enjoy a nice hotel, and have no problems paying for it. But I do have a problem paying for a nice hotel and getting a basic experience.

1 Thank Monacrh23
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the hotel. We do value your business and understand your comments regarding the benefit of the upgrade. Should you return to our hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to call me directly to assist in booking your reservation. We look forward to your return.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night prior to flying out. Our room was ready for check in at 11:00 am. The hotel was very clean and updated. All of the employees were very nice and helpful, including exceptional service by Giselle Robles. With the early check in; we were able to enjoy the pool area, which was very clean, lots of lounge chairs, pub tables & chairs. Plenty of towels as well in the pool area. Our room was very clean, comfortable and up to date. The Restaurant is very nice, not overly priced and service was very good. While the bar area is small, there is a larger area to sit with friends that is adjacent to the bar area and serviced by the bar. The location of the hotel is a straight shot, just 8 miles from the Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport . I recommend this hotel highly and when in the area will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are extremely happy that you had such an enjoyable experience with us at our property! Each ambassador at the Renaissance-Plantation Hotel takes great pride in its state of the art product and exceptional service that we deliver for all of our guests. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back!

Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is right off 595 and about 10 minutes from FLL (traffic gods depending). It is far better than the standard airport hotel with mid range luxury rooms. The fitness center is some what limited but will have enough machines for cardio and some free weights. Concierge floor breakfast is average with hot eggs, bacon, oatmeal.

Room Tip: Not really able to comment.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your comments and glad you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. We look forward to your return visit.