“Nice and clean hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
“Nice and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The entrance to the hotel isn't that great, wondered me a little bit, but once you are in everything is so pretty. Contemporary style furniture. The room is big, the bed is nice, clean. It's much nicer than just a regular hotel. Parking is free. Located about 20 min. from airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I needed to be in the Sunrise area of Florida. Given this location, I looked for a hotel within a 20 mile stretch to stay at. As I stay at Marriotts most often, I looked at the Marriott in FLL or Renaissance. I decided to go with the Renaissance despite some so-so reviews on Flyertalk.

I'm glad I did.

This hotel is located right off of 595. My GPS had the location a bit father down from where it really was. As soon as you exit 595, make your first right and you are there. It's right before the DHL building/lake.

When I booked the hotel, I was given 2 rates ($200 for a regular room or $210 for a Club room). I paid the extra $10 for a Club room to guarantee it rather than hope I get upgraded as a Gold Member.

When I pulled up to the hotel, the outer of the hotel looks a bit dated. This had me worried a bit but once I stepped into the hotel, I quickly realized this was a modern hotel. Parking was free which is always a plus. When I pulled into the lot in the evening, a police car was always sitting in the lot so that gave me an added feeling of safety.

When I walked into the lobby, I was greeted by the great staff and placed in a Club Room on the 9th Floor near the stairs. To access the floor, you used your key in the elevator. Inside, the room was a very modern styled room with a King Bed and a Tub/Shower combo for a bath. The bed was ultra comfortable and the room was quiet with thick windows to drown out the noise.

Wired or Wireless Internet is provided but at $14.95 a night. Luckily, I didn't have to pay it due to my gold status. I found it to be very stable & fast. I was able to stream video as well. I can't ask for more there.

The Club is located on the 9th floor and requires a key. It was open until 10pm most nights which is generous. The staff was excellent and attentive. One negative about the club is they didn't restock their food offerings quickly and didn't provide enough. This is a minor complaint overall.

Anytime I interacted with the staff it was pleasant. I can't complain about them at all.

Unusually, I decided to try both Room Service and the Restaurant during the week. I never do this but I was pretty tired. The Restaurant staff was very attentive. The food quality was excellent if not a bit expensive. Most dishes were 25-30. It's easy to spend $40-$50 per person. That said, it was worth it.

Room Service was on time when I ordered it. The Angus Burger I ordered arrived perfectly medium rare as I ordered it. The French Fries were crispy as well.

If I needed to be in this area again, I would stay here absolutely. If you are a tourist, this may not be the best location though. There isn't much nearby (restaurant or shopping wise) unless you consider a 10-15 drive to Sawgrass Hills to be close.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night for a Dolphin football game. If you were doing business in the area, then I could see the location. But for tourists unless you have loved ones in Plantation, this area is not where you want to be. Not many things are close by! The hotel is mediocre at best. It is much like a Holiday Inn or a 3 star hotel. We had requested a roll away bed prior to our arrival. Then again on check in at 4:30. When we arrived back at the hotel, at midnight, it was still not there. We had to call. They were there pronto, but it was aggravating. Then the toilet stopped up with toilet paper.so we had to call for a plunger! The sink's drained slow and the stopper was rusty.

All in all, we were there a short time and it was adequate. However, customer service is how you differentiate yourself from the competition. It was a 3 star hotel at best!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MustangRoxie
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am frequently in the Ft. Lauderdale area on business, and stay here on almost every trip. The front desk is always well staffed (there is always somebody there to check me in after that long transcontinental flight), they are always friendly and courteous, and respond very promptly to any requests while a guest. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable, and the air conditioning can freeze you out if you let it (important in S. Florida in August!). The location is also very convenient, with quick access to I-595 and a ton of restaurants relatively close by on Broward and University boulevards. I recommend it and always enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the small lake, which is on the backside of the hotel, as it is slight...
1 Thank mmotley
Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very clean and up to date. Staff was extremely friendly and very nice. Room was pretty spacious and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. I really enjoyed my night at this hotel. I stayed here one night while working outside Miami. I didn't really explore the surrondings, but there seemed to be restaurants and bars in the vicinity.

Room Tip: I'd think all rooms here would be good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My experience in this hotel have always been memorables. It is like coming back to see good old friends!! They remember me and call me by my name, isn't it sweet? Never have a problem, they have my room ready and cooled on for me. It is always a pleasure coming back to my favorite place!.

Room Tip: Always choose a nice view, may I recomend pool view?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel recently as out of town guests coming in for a special occasion. The staff at this hotel could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Requests were brought to our room immediately. The staff even remembered my name. The hotel itself was nicely decorated and clean. I enjoyed a morning coffee at Starbucks in the lobby. Thanks, Renaissance Plantation, for an excellent stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!