“What a lovely stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Midlothian, Virginia
“What a lovely stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Off the highway an more aligned with a business park than a beach, this is a wonderful hotel. The staff is over the top helpful and friendly. Always smiling and saying hello; asking if there is anything you need. The lobby is beautiful with fun art deco furniture. The rooms vary. I have stayed in larger and smaller rooms. All comfortable. My wall mate had a bit of time where he was very loud but nothing that was disruptive to my sleep or working hours. Definately the best in the area.

Room Tip: The location was good for the location of the business I was visiting.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Catzmother
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed the new look at our newly renovated hotel. Each ambassador at the Renaissance-Plantation Hotel takes great pride in its state of the art product and exceptional service that we deliver for all of our guests. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am long overdue in posting this review, but please do not think that in anyway minimizes how much I appreciate the tremendous hospitality and customer service I received from the Plantation team during my 6 months of weekly stays at this hotel.

I was relocating to Florida to start a new division of a company. Finding a place to live was secondary to trying to get the business off the ground, so the Renaissance became my home away from home from October until March. I have stayed at many Marriotts, but the Renaissance Plantation is defintely something special. Until this stint, I had only stayed at one in Paris, usually favoring a traditional Marriott for my business travel. All that changed after experiencing the wonderful team here.

Robert and Kyle always remembered me when I walked in the door, "Hello, Mrs. J..." before I had even checked in. They often called up after I got into my room to make sure everything was ok. And, when I inquired where the the fruity water container was one night (as I so looked forward to it as a reward for checking in) only to find it had been broken, they sent up a special fruity water pitcher just for me! They always made me feel like a special VIP guest, eventhough I was really just a business traveller.

And Helen in the concierge lounge, breakfast service is also a gem. She worked so hard to make sure the food items were replenished quickly and each guest had what they wanted/needed to get the day going. She was so sweet and also remembered my name from week to week.

Overall, the hotel is clean and safe. It is located close to many food options and a Whole Foods. One of the things I liked best was that there are refrigerators in the rooms so you could pick up a few things and have them when you wanted a snack or a drink.

I now stay at Renaissance hotels when I travel for work or pleasure and hope each time that my experience will match that of this hotel.

Thank you Robert, Kyle, Helen and the rest of the team there!

Room Tip: Some rooms face a lake and have a balcony - ask for one of those if you can score it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AbsJ
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
We are very happy that you found comfort during your long term stay with us at the Renaissance Plantation Hotel. With the new Renaissance re-brand, we certainly glad that you recognized and experienced our new Renaissance Live Lif to Discover. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This beautiful, quiet, clean facilities is always a great place to spend a day or a week. The staff is great and the food and service is always very good. Our room as always was fantastic, spacious, clean and a nice view of the pool makes it very appropiated to seat in the balcony and enjoy the weather. Excellent location, close to restaurants and shopping malls.
Overall experience as always was GREAT!!

Room Tip: Pool view is a plus.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nidiafb
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Always, so wonderful to hear great comments from our guests. Thanks so much for pointing out some of our most popular comments we recieve from many of our business travelers and vacationers. We look forward to having you back in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

This beautiful facility is located just off the east west beltway thru Fort Lauderdale. Just recently renovated in a very hip & contemporary style, the rooms & public spaces are exceptionally well appointed. If you're planning activities outside of the beach in south Florida the Renaissance is a perfect spot to call home. The golf courses in the area are exceptional, great restaurants are plentiful, and the shopping is legendary! If you decide on a beach visit, you can find sand within 15-20 minutes. Make sure you stop by their restaurant Bin 595 for a meal or just have appetizers in the bar with drinks. Also must mention the exceptional staff who took fantastic care of us!!

• Stayed April 2012
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Wow! Thanks you so much for the terrific and detailed comments. I could not have said it any better than you have. Indeed, we are the center of it all! Our ambassadors take great pride in our new "little gem" here in Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation. Your comments are how we would like inform all of our guests about the wonderful features and benefits they will receive when exploring the Hotel and visiting local surroundings. We thank you very much for noticing our efforts and sharing with many other travelers. We look forward to your return in the near future!
michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel is located in an area next to the interstate 595 that is surrounded by office buildings and is not particularly close to the beach. I personally love the Renaissance brand of Marriott and was not disappointed at this hotel. The staff goes above and beyond to meet and exceed guest expectations and requests. Beautifully furnished public seating areas surround the modern front desk area. All hallways and public areas feature upscale decor from the lighting, wallcoverings, and floorcoverings to the artwork. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub area is small but nice and could be much nicer if they added more tropical landscape and trees to lessen the commercial atmosphere surrounding the hotel. The room was very clean with bright, simplistic decor and a balcony with a table and chairs overlooking a large pond with a fountain in the center of several office buildings. It was very nice to have a sliding door and screen to be able to have fresh air in the room. The bed was so incredibly comfortable and had crisp white high quality bed linens. In room coffee and tea were provided along with a small refridgerator. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had and the food quality was excellent at a reasonable price. I highly recommend this hotel for a business stay in the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed April 2012
kenelizondo, Director of Sales at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your experience with us! Each ambassador at the Renaissance-Plantation Hotel takes great pride in its state of the art product and exceptional service that we deliver for all of our guests. We appreciate the great review and sharing your comments to improve. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Venice, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have been staying at this property for four years and have always had a great stay. The desk service is excellent and the room service is fast and efficient. One thing I really like is the quiet of the upper floors, and the lake view rooms. Additionally, if you stay frequently, they have a great roof top lounge area that is open for breakfats and for drinks and snacks in the afternoon and evening.

Room Tip: The upper floors are much quieter. They seem to put families with kids on the lower floors.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
We really appreciate the repeat visits with us over the years. Always good to know that the food and beverage outlets are meeting your needs and you are comfortable during your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for business. While there is some shopping and the beach isn't TOO far away, I'd really recommend this as a good place for business travelers over families. First of all, the Renaissance brand is much more of the boutique variety for Marriott and the decor really screams it. You don't want your kids running around and touching anything. Secondly, much of the stuff near the hotel are office buildings. You need a car to get around to much nicer places.

I can't say enough about the staff. They were wonderful! Everything I needed from extra towels to a firm foam pillow was provided to me upon check-in. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

While I only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant (it was your standard full buffet), it looked like it had a lot of local flavour mixed with standard hotel dining. A nice touch the hotel provided was a mini-market so you could purchase snack items/beverages without having to go to the bar. One thing of note: there is no full service Starbuck's at this hotel. They have a machine and it pretty much brews the coffee for the hotel staff. If you're looking for a barista, look for a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business