Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
$109
$143
$69
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St(Plantation)(Great Value!)
$105
$79
La Quinta
$118
$109
$110
All reviewsgrab and gopackaged muffinsfront deskmusic festivala nice place to staynice sizefort lauderdalemovie theaterwestfield mallhome away from homeneeded a place to staydesk staffwithin walking distancelenairiehousekeepingdistraught
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2014

For the third year in a row, this is my place in South Florida for my Christmas/New Year lasting vacations (6 weeks). The hotel is well situated, close to important highways, good restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, others), shopping mall (back yard). Hotel is quiet and well-kept : noisy guests are put out fastly. Bed comfort is awesome. Breakfast included offers oatmeal; grits are missing though.
Rates side : it is not a cheap hotel. But mostly, Extended Stay advertises weekly and monthly rates and it is not true. I stayed there for more than 6 weeks, asked for monthly or weekly rates but I paid the same price than the daily rates. Misleading advertising.

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers face the parking lot and the street (quiet street), while rooms with odd numbers face the back of the hotel and the parking of the shopping mall (Weisfield).
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gautama9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Norbert - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable stay. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, grab-and-go breakfast, and your comfortable bed. Still, I apologize that you encountered some issues regarding our rates. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and were very impressed with the quality of our stay for the price. As soon as we checked in, we were helped by Allison who was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. Our room was very large, even had a living room with an extra TV! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good for the two of us. Rose who works the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She was very attentive to our needs and even printed our boarding passes for us. The location was very centrally located to all highways and was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The main door access after 11:00 PM was not working and no one picked up the phone to let us in, so my husband had to walk to the pool to get in. Management should put a note on the front door to tell the guests to go around the pool after hours. Other than that it was a good stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 214 and it was quite large and noise free.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and our great customer service. I wanted to apologize about the entry door issues.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

not a bad location not a bad set up the worst cleaning. what into the room and was hit with the smell of dirty carpet the bed was made but you can tell that the sheet will not ffresh. upon further inspection I found blood fresh blood on one of the pillows. good thing I know how to travel I had my own sheets I went out and bought a new comforter. me and my husband always travel with cleaning supplies. cute little kitchenette was cleaned by me. the bathroom toilet check it it was dirty also cleaned by me. tarp placed on the bed and our sheets were placed on it. forgot to bring our pillows so we placed their pillows in a plastic bag. then put our pillow cases on it. other than that with strict house keeping the place is not that bad. just be warned bring your own cleaning supplies and own bedding.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Acordova1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our company takes cleanliness very seriously and I am working with our staff to ensure that our services are more in line with our company's high standards moving forward. As well, we are going to provide your room with a deep clean to ensure this issue does not affect our future guests.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in the area for Softball Tournaments but had not stayed at this location before. It's very close to shopping and the softball fields. Having said that, I think there are better places to stay when they are charging the same price as everyone else. Breakfast is your choice of 3 coffees, a protein bar, apple, hot water, or a muffin in a plastic wrapper. This is the same at any ESA hotel. You do have a small kitchen, so you can make your own breakfast. The TV is small, and yes, you have very few channels to choose from. The Wi-Fi is very slow and weak. You are asked to pay for an upgrade to get faster speeds which I still found slower than the 4G on my phone. The pool is outdoors and judging from the objects on the bottom of it, had not been cleaned recently (4 days). We decided against swimming in it while we were there.
Overall we would stay there again if we absolutely had to, but there are better choices close by for the same price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that our hotel's location was convenient to the tournament you were attending; however, I apologize that the property did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to improve our offerings, including the grab-and-go breakfast, channel line-up and outdoor pool, and will continue to do so moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Reserved a 2-bed room. Got a king bed and a very uncomfortable pull-out couch.
Toilet rocked on base.
Front door entry system did not work after hours and front desk clerk did not answer phone to let guests in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family