“Busy hotel in Plantation”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I called the hotel in advanced because the wedding I attended near Plantation ended super early, and had no where to go. The receptionist was very polite and found a way to allow us to check-in at that moment! Literally, I called and she said, whenever you arrive, the room is ready! I was astonished and hoped this would lead to a great experience--I wasn't entirely wrong. When we arrived there was a crowd at the front desk. I waited for my turn only to have other rude people jump in front of me for no apparent reason. I guess they felt their needs were more important than mine. This was due to the fact that a shuttle was supposed to be leaving soon and people weren't sure of what they needed to be doing. Let's just say, it wasn't a warm welcome. When we finally got checked in, we went up to our room and the A/C cover was off. I just thought, maybe the person before us broke it. Much to my surprise a few minutes later a man just entered the room (without knocking). I happened to be in the restroom changing clothes from the wedding! Luckily my bf was able to close the bathroom door from the outside without me being seen.

Also, the cable doesn't have E!, TLC or HGTV!!!!!!!!!! I was dying!!! LOL

Outside of all of those issues, the hotel is nicely remodeled, clean and the breakfast is your standard Hampton Inn breakfast-free and delicious. Just be sure, if you check in early, you have energy to ensure you're seen before any rude guests. And also, make sure to use the latch on the inside of the door if you see any maintenance issues! :) I was able to sleep well though. And that's what really matters in a hotel, right?

Room Tip: Cruise travelers are noisy in the morning. Pick a room further from the elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j_mac323

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel has been remodeled with updated lobby. Extra electrical outlets and USB port in each room were very helpful for recharging all portable electronics. In addition to continental breakfast, they offer a to go breakfast ready and waiting for you in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janice H
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay was nice with one big problem. We were 2.5 hours getting picked up by the hotel shuttle from the Glades Cruise Terminal. We were promised multiple times that they were on their way and that the next shuttle would be there. We were the last people standing at the terminal and 6 of our party had 10 hr drives ahead of us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Overall, we had a good experience. We were never informed that you had to call for a ride to the hotel from the airport. We watched many other hotel vans come and go for a while before we finally called them. Which then they instructed me they don't have vans that routinely come to the airport you had to call. This was upsetting because I asked them about this service before booking my room and they never informed me had to call. All they said was there is a van that comes to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun B
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hampton and I must say that the staff is extremely accommodating to the needs of it's guests. The shuttle to and from the airport and Nova University made relocation easy for my daughter who was moving away from home for the first time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Please note that the very good rating is based off of other Hampton Inns. I find the rooms some what drab but always very clean and comfortable. The location is hard to beat and all the staff is excellent. Plus they have a happy hour (free soft drinks, beer or wine) Monday - Thursday and they keep their wifi open so you dont have to log in every 24 hours.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hotel is old and needs refreshing, particularly in the public areas of lobby and hallways leading to the elevators. Baseboards look like they have been wetted from regular mopping over the years and all the finish is gone. Fitness room is an after-thought. Not very inviting to those who desire to excercise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!