“Excellent & peaceful stay”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent & peaceful stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As I was for an intense training programm over the week-end, quiet & peace was of extremely concern. Both were found in this nice hotel. Cost/benefit was superb and fantastic location near the NOVA University.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

No surprises here in cleanliness or room standard. Hampton delivers a consistent room value. Unfortunately at this hotel,.breakfast was a disappointment. The breakfast space is attractive but too small for the number of guests. Both mornings of.our stay the.room was overcrowded and messy. Chairs were out of place, eggs were in the carpet, tables were dirty and they were out of hot water. Food was not to standard. Bakery goods were stale and fruit.was not attractive. Staffing was not adequate. The second day after coming down for breakfast, we ended up going out. Part of the Hampton value is in.being able to grab a quick breakfast. We were aggravated by the inconvenience and expense of going elsewhere for breakfast. This hotel needs to pay more attention to managing guest experiences.

• Stayed May 2013
Plantation, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, FL and it was simply remarkable. I had to stay there for a post surgery with my mother and the entire staff was so accommodating. The general manager - Debra Cotie made sure to check in with us quite often to ensure the comfort of our stay. We were always asked if we needed anything extra by housekeeping. The room was so clean and the bed sheets were changed every day. Breakfast was just so yummy. We love the Hampton Inn in Plantation !!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Lewisville, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is FAR past needing to redo the rooms. If you don't care about smelling like a mildewy smoke factory, then stay here, but it's gross. It's in desperate need of updating! The lobby is brand new and remodeled and very nice - but don't be fooled by that!

1 Thank Kelly H
Plantation-Manager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you felt your room had a bad odor. I can assure you that is not nor was it ever a smoking room. Unfortunately it seems that a guest prior to you may have smoked in that room and perhaps the odor was not completely eliminated. I will ensure that we desmoke that room as we always try to do when someone smokes in a non smoking room. I have answered your survey on Hilton as well and would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you if you would contact me at your convenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it is valuable information to us.
Newport, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've stayed here in the Plantation Hampton multiple times and have had great service every time! The rooms are clean, the beds are Hampton comfortable and the internet is fast. There are lots of great restaurants in the area to choose from. The Happy Hour at the hotel is GREAT! Pizza, wine or beer. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't stay anywhere else if you are heading to Plantation, Florida. This Hampton Inn is clean and well kept.

I was going to be late so I called to make sure that I had late check in. The woman at the desk was so very nice when I told her that my plane had been diverted and I would be late. When I finally got the the hotel, she greeted me warmly and said that she was glad that I had made it safely.

The hotel was full but the breakfast area was kept well stocked.

I will definitely stay here anytime I come to Plantation, FL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Hampton Inn Plantation FL prior to a 10 day cruise. The hospitality was nothing short of outstanding. The shuttle to and from the hotel was handled with dispatch and courtesy. After boarding the shuttle to the ship I discovered that I had left my jacket in the lobby. We called the hotel and Prescilla at the front desk arranged for another cruiser to take the jacket on the next shuttle. We were able to retrieve the jacket along with my medication which was in the jacket pocket along with an expensive pair of sun glasses. We were very grateful for their excellent assistance!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple