“Good experience”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I had an overall great experience at this hotel. It is in a great location, next to a mall- right near the highways. The pool was great, and the staff was nice. They let me check in early too, which was a plus. I would suggest this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was staying at the Hampton Inn for 6 weeks for a flight school and after the first week I had to check out due to fleas in my room. When I informed management about the issues I was reimbursed for two days but not my whole stay. I lost 2 days of studying when I had to find and move into a new hotel as well as paying more. When I emailed the hotel with my complaints I was informed that they had done all they were expected to do and that they still hoped I would stay with them in the future. I am completely unsatisfied with the room and with the staff as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank J T
vancouver
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Family of 6 booked two rooms after our cruise from Miami. When we checked in early 1 room was ready and the 2nd room wasn't (expected cause we checked in in the a.m.) The shuttle service was kinda limited but expected as this hotel caters to alot of pre/post cruisers. The breakfast was decent and the hotel is clean.
The Front desk ladies seems to be always on the go and you can tell by their voices when they answer that phone that you seem to be bothering them even though you're trying to arrange a shuttle somewhere where they can't provide.
the room was clean but my golly it was so noisy. I felt like I was so close to a runway. We were trying to figure out if it was the pipe on the wall or the airconditioning. sounded like an all nighter spinning washing machine. so annoying.

if it wasn't for that. I would consider staying here again.

Our shuttle to the airport was a breeze and the gentleman was quite accommodating. Our check in was ok and was asked right away if we needed the shuttle to airport the next day so that they can schedule. Our request for late check out was accommodated - a plus.

Room Tip: do not choose room 210
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VancouverRho
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, Florida for 1 night - prior to a cruise out of Port Everglades. Check in and room was fine - where they failed was their lack of coordination on the cruise port and airport shuttles. Multiple guests were told that the shuttles were full, and that they would either have to wait for a later shuttle, or take a cab to the port. We were OK with ours, but there were some disappointed with the scheduling and the unknowns. Since you are paying a significant premium for the room due to the "free" shuttles, you should expect better coordinated service. Stay in room was fine but expect some shuttle issues if you arrive at the hotel late and expect an early morning shuttle the next day - the lists may be full. Also, the lobby and breakfast area was somewhat hectic due to the number of cruise guests coming and going - typical for the hotels in Florida that house lots of cruise passengers.

Room Tip: All rooms appear OK since hotel is away from any highways or noisy spots. When checking in make sur...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ramjet1997
Citrus Springs, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel through Stay 123 for a one night stay which included parking for our vehicle while we were on our 7 days cruise and transportation to and from the Port.

The hotel is very nice but the transportation to and from the Port was a nightmare.

When we checked in on Friday, I was told our transportation to the port was scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. I was not happy with this time but they said that was the first available time they had. We sat in the lobby after we checked out waiting for our 1:00 p.m. transport. Needless to say, as the morning went on, the transportation continually got behind on their pick up of the people who were waiting and we didn't get picked up until about 2:15 p.m.

I had called the cruise line to find out what the latest time was that we could arrive and they told me 3:00 p.m. We barely made it to the ship on time and were the last people to arrive for check in.

The whole experience was very stressful and this is not what you re expecting when you are on vacation.

The hotel told us to call them when we arrived back at port after our cruise and they would send someone to pick us up. We got off the ship at about 7:15 a.m. and when my husband called he was told the driver didn't come in until 8:00 (this was never mentioned before) and it would take him 30 to 40 minutes to get to the port to pick us us after he arrived at work at 8:00. Since we didn't feel like hanging around outside with our suitcases for an hour and a half we decided to take a cab back to the hotel rather than wait for the driver and that cost us an extra $36.00.

As I said the hotel is nice if you are just planning on spending the night, but if you are planning on using their transportation to get you to the port and back, don't depend on a pleasant experience.

We will not stay there again because of the service we got from them on their transportation services.

3 Thank Donna L
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Clean hotel with a mall, shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. Kohl's Dept. Store 2 blocks away. A good 3 star hotel with a varied hot continental breakfast included (although the seating area can get crowded). Easy access to I-595 and Port Everglades.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights - one before, and one after a cruise. What drew me to this hotel was the free shuttle to and from the airport and cruiseport. They also advertised a free shuttle to Sawgrass Mills, but we found out this wasn't available at the time - more on that later.

The rooms and hotel in general were clean and fairly modern. We didn't make use of the pool or fitness facilities, but they definately appeared to be acceptable.

We had breakfast on both mornings - full breakfast one day and bag breakfast the other. The full breakfast was great, they had lots of variety and the waffle was delicious! The bag breakfast was just ok - an apple, a granola bar and a muffin.

The shuttle was underwhelming to say the least. It was always PACKED. They were pretty good at picking us up on a timely manner, but when we needed to go anywhere FROM the hotel, we had problems. We were told that we needed to book in advance or that they were too full for the day. For how many people seemed to use the shuttle, they should definitely invest in an extra van.

Overall, the stay was good - convenient location close to a mall and Target, just be VERY careful walking anywhere as there are no crosswalks!