“Excellent choice in Plantation”

Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel was recently renovated and it shows. Staff was very welcoming, offered me an upgrade for being a Priority Club member. Room was great: very clean, total silence, very good a/c, flat screen TVs with large choice of channels, free and fast wi-fi with strong signal, full kitchen. Good mattress. Free parking. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, as they do in most hotels in America these days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Um_viajante

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been a guest at the hotel for the past seven years with annual visits averaging 3 per annum. My last visit was August 2012. When I walked into the room I noticed what appeared to be termites above the bed frame and around the picture frame on the wall and also in the bathroom area on the mirror. This was the first time I had encountered this. I immediately contacted the front desk and was told by the person on the phone that he really couldn't do anything as he was the only person at the front desk. The following morning I went down to the front desk and complained again and was told that it would be taken care of. Well it wasn't and the problem got worse leading to bugs on my pillows which made it almost impossible to go to sleep. On the third day I complained again and was made to feel by staff that I brought the bugs with me. I was asked if I left the windows open and told that it maybe as a result of candy left around.
The response of the staff felt insulting and angered my family. This experience has unfortunately ended our relationship with the hotel. As advised the hotel should look into this problem for fear of losing more guests. My room number was 348.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Hadassah S
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't usually write reviews and I notice that we tend to take to the time to only write them if its a bad experience. So since I had a incredible experience at Staybridge its only fair to write a review

The hotel was recently renovated and looks great! Amazing staff experience from the moment I stepped in the door until I checked out

The bed was so comfortable that I almost overslept and missed my flight lol

I would advise everyone to stay at this hotel, very, very satisfied!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank James F
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at your hotel on two occasions at my time there was wonderful it was like being at home,i love the rooms having a kitchen because i love to cook so i told many of my family and friends and they all seemd to fall in love with your hotel as i did.so i'm booking now for my trip in August.the hotel is awesome and so is the service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyndenpinder
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is my second review in 6 months of the Staybridge - I thought last time it was "just me". However, same subpar issues both times:
a. At check-in, as I am a Priority Club member, you spin the wheel. I (supposedly) got 1000 extra points both times. They never made it the first time to my account. I called the hotel twice and they said "it takes time, but it would go thru." When I checked out today, they handed me a voucher saying "several guests have told them the points didn't go thru". Last time they insisted I must be mistaken and the points will show up. I guess we know who was mistaken.
b. Pool had not been cleaned Sat or Sun, 6/9-10 (I have photos to prove it in case they claim I'm mistaken.) The pools was not accessible last visit. No (clean - plenty of used ones!) towels either and have a photo of that too.
c. There was one of those yip yip dogs in an adjacent room. The reason I know this is I heard a door slam around 7:45 Sunday morning, followed by 45 minutes of dog yip yipping. So I go down (now that I'm up early on a sunday morning) for a coffee. On the way back to the room, coming up the stairs is a couple - they apparently were out for their "walk" - so why couldn't they take Fido for some fresh air too?). So they hear him yipping too - do you think they can pick up their pace? Nah, same slow walk and the dude GROWLS back to shut the canine up. And it works! Who knew?
d. Hotel is going thru a badly needed reno. Ask how close you're going to be to the work when you make the rez!
e. Inside door handle came off - took me about 20 min to GET OUT of my room. Informed front desk - she offered to change my room as there was no one to fix (so exactly HOW does a door handle FALL OFF?). I was checking out in less than 12 hrs so I took a hanger and used that.
f. Hotel informed of all of this and aside from "we're real sorry" - no offer of refund.

Now what went right? Plenty. The people working there are friendly, respectful, and do their jobs with a smile despite the problems. The rooms are clean. The breakfast is great. So buyer beware - you have plenty of choices in this area - this place allows dogs - I wasn't aware of that. I used to stay somewhere else in Plantation and switched to Staybridge as the other place was a "Cruise Hotel" - For me, two strikes and they're out.

Room Tip: ask how close you will be to construction - multiple floors and sections.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear regman2all,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I'm delighted to see that our staff was one of the best parts of your stay. We are glad to inform you that the refurbishment is already completed. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issue and the inconvenience the renovation might have caused you during your stay. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel four times now in the past year. We go back because of location and value, with two sons we get the two bedroom units. The hotel has been undergoing renovations for about two months now. We were excited to think that we would get new rooms this last visit. The gentleman that checked us in was very personable and helpful. The rooms, with the exception of kitchen and tile work in the bathrooms were the same. Still old small tube televisions. We had to change rooms after checkin due to ants, in one of the beds. Both of the rooms we were in were new, when we pulled out the sofa bed, there were items under the sofa from previuos guests! This room was only about one month old after reno. There were issues with the wifi AGAIN, second time during a visit. Breakfasts are nice. We will probably stay here again, but my wife and I have said we wish we could find a hotel in the area that we really liked.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Schmedley2
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We had never even heard of StayBridge Suites before and thought it might be one of those places that you are immediately sorry that you booked a stay at. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which is pretty much the the size of an apartment.

We had our own rooms each with a bathroom, plus a living room and kitchen..yes kitchen. They provided a breakfast every morning, not your standard bagel and coffee, but eggs, bacon/ham, cereal, waffles, muffins the works and plenty juice choices. Truly amazing!

Three days a week they have some some sort of social gathering where they give free beer and wine and food. I wouldn't call it dinner, but I think some guests were quite happy to eat it as dinner though

Its only about 5-10 min walk to Broward Mall and a 10 minute drive to the Sawgrass Outlet Mall, plenty of restaurants nearby and a Publix directly across the street

only downside was the beach is at least 20 minutes away and they still had the tube square tv's lol

but the staff made up for those minor issues, plus they have signs showing that they are remodeling.

Wonderful place, clean rooms, excellent staff...nothing bad to say honestly

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JamesReggaeWinterFes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!